It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky stays out side

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
esther.meade
Newborn
Newborn
esther.meade

Female Join date : 2012-07-01

Husky stays out side Empty
PostSubject: Husky stays out side   Husky stays out side EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi every one I have a beautiful white male siberian husky ( 7 months old )
I with my boyfriend are new the husky breed.
He has a huge back garden to play in or he his case dig holes in. we also have a big garage which he has the run of but he always stays outside he even sleeps outside weather its heavy rain or not.
why will he not sleep in there or at least go in out the rain.
he gets so wet we can not let him into the house
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Husky stays out side   Husky stays out side EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Not sure you will get any advice on this as most of the members here have inside dogs. Huskies typically want / need to be with their pack.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Husky stays out side   Husky stays out side EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Maybe he's sad because he wants to be with his pack Wink

I don't really know either, my baby stays inside with us as well.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Husky stays out side   Husky stays out side EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 am

Maybe its an all white husky, they want to get some color and be like the other dogs lol. A friend of mine, who I got Cali from, has a husky that is all white. He stays outside nearly 24/7. They have to drag him inside to get him to come in. I haven't checked in since the temp outside has been so crazy hot, but last i heard the dog says outside. He has a gazebo, minibarn, and a crate in the garage but Luke likes to stay outside. Hard to say but as long as he seems happy its fine. If the weather is too hot though i'd try to get him to where its cool for him and still plenty of water.

My girls stay outside here till I get to move which I hope is soon. I have a large 30x12 kennel with 8x4 foot house that now has A/C with inch thick insulation with a top panel to lower the ceiling to 4 feet high so the A/C can actually cool it pretty good. In addition to that they have 2 two gallon water bowls with ice blocks and a kiddie pool.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Husky stays out side   Husky stays out side EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:14 am

Is most of his time spent outdoors? If that the case, then that's probably why he prefer's it. If you want him to come in, then start making him part of you're family inside, so he see's that's better than being outdoors. Aside from that, I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Husky stays out side   Husky stays out side EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:24 pm

My puppy is an inside dog of course but she'd rather prefer the outside rain or shine. Maybe its a white husky thing who knows?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky stays out side   Husky stays out side Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky stays out side

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1