It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping Empty
PostSubject: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 pm

This story has several words that will resonate on this forum:
"siberian husky" and "escape."

If you haven't micro chipped your dog, after reading this story, you will.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/07/southeast_portland_man_loses_d.html

Last edited by jalepeno on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Yep really glad both my dogs are microchipped, the lady is just mean, how can she keep that poor dog when it is so obviously the young mans dog!
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Puppy
Puppy
Fenrir

Male Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:08 pm

She's really kind of being a spoiled...female dog about the whole thing. I mean, I understand why it distresses her, but it is so obviously not her dog and the case is overwhelmingly against her.
Back to top Go down
ThereseZ
Newborn
Newborn
ThereseZ

Female Join date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 pm

What a nasty nasty girl....I understand the attachment, but give the guy his dog back!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Damn! i hope it all works out in the end for him. also make sure after you have the chip done you have it checked yearly to make sure its still in there and keep up to date info with the chip company on your pup

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:13 pm

I really really need to get Maggie micro chipped. This makes me sad. Give the dog back!
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:22 pm

That's just wrong. Sad So very glad we got D&D chipped at the start.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:25 pm

That spoiled little brat is what happens when parents can't say no to their kids. She sounds like she's never been held accountable for anything in her life, and can't grasp the "what you're doing is illegal" thing. I hope the guy gets his dog back, and I'm so glad all of our fur kids are chipped.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
prentiss80
Newborn
Newborn
prentiss80

Male Join date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:17 pm

Wow, that was very interesting! I don't know how she can sleep at night.
Back to top Go down
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

Male Join date : 2013-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Wow....I was debating getting Vegeta micro chipped but after that article it is definitely happening in the near future. I want follow up on this, I'm curious now, since the original story was written back in July.
Back to top Go down
prentiss80
Newborn
Newborn
prentiss80

Male Join date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Here is the verdict to the article!!!! Guilty!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/02/portland_dog_custody_dispute_e.html
Back to top Go down
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Selfish girl. Glad he ended up back with the rightful owner. I feel bad because my best friend did this with a dog. He found a dog in his neighborhood, he checked every house there, put up fliers, called shelters, but nobody came for her. So he ended up keeping her (not following the official channels to make it "legal"), but he hasn't had an issue with a former owner yet. I think I'm gonna be having a talk with him about go through the proper channels now lol.
Back to top Go down
Super Nova
Teenager
Teenager
Super Nova

Male Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 3:11 pm

We found a black cat no tags, skin & bones once. We brought him him, feed him, cleaned off the fleas, got him check out - etc. He was clearly someones cat because it wasn't afraid of the vacuum and was litter trained. We asked around and noone knew where this cat came from. We had that cat for 2 months when out the blue I found an old newspaper with a "Missing my cat" I called the name and sure enough it was him. We called that owner and had her verify a few markings he had (burn marks on his head & face) just so we knew it wasn't a scam. When we brought him in the room there was no question that cat knew her and she was in tears. He had been lost of 6-7 months. Point of the story: She knew that dog was his. A dog/cat knows their pack member no matter how much time has been lost.
I also found a white dog wondering the woods when I was 14. Luckily his one had a tag on it and when we called the "If lost..." number they were shocked. The family had moved and the dog escaped the new yard 2 weeks ago and traveled somewhere between 75-100 miles to get back to the first home it knew. Point of this story: There are good people out there that will return your dog.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:31 pm

So glad he got is dog back. We got Loki microchiped from the breeder and even though he has name tags in abundance it gives me that little bit of comfort if he were ever to get loose. Best 40 bucks spent.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:42 pm

I am glad the dog is back at his rightful owner.. I have a question if they could spend so much money to in lawyer fees to keep the dog why didn't she spend that money to get her own dog and let him have his dog.

Back to top Go down
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:50 pm

ljelgin wrote:
I am glad the dog is back at his rightful owner.. I have a question if they could spend so much money to in lawyer fees to keep the dog why didn't she spend that money to get her own dog and let him have his dog.

My thoughts exactly. If you can drop 30K+ on this lawsuit for this dog, why couldn't you just go get another? I understand the bond you form, but it's clearly his dog. The dog obviously loves him (jumping out of a car for him...umm hello red flag). Let them be happy, and you can find another "service dog" that I don't think she even used.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Well based on info from the article, she probably thought she was above the law and could do whatever she wanted. Such a brat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:45 pm

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
Well based on info from the article, she probably thought she was above the law and could do whatever she wanted. Such a brat.

Pretty sure mommy reinforced that behavior, did you see the comment at the very end? Totally blamed it on the guy.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:50 pm

"We wouldn't have shared this moment if he would have chipped his dog."

You wouldn't have shared that moment if you had followed the law.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:52 pm

I'm would have kicked some booty if I was that guy!! That mom is a biotch! Obviously rubbed off on her daughter. People are sick these days.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping   Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping Empty

Back to top Go down

Cautionary Tale about Importance of Micro Chipping

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1