It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky pups and their markings help :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bte
Newborn
Newborn

Husky pups and their markings help :) Empty
PostSubject: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:08 am

Hi everyone, i'm new to these forums and was just doing some research on Huskies and had some questions! I do plan on getting a pup sometime in the future but I am kinda picky, I want my family to have our perfect pup after all.
Anyways I was wondering if any of you lovely users have images of your husky puppies and what they look like now! I'm a huge fan of the facial markings that look like these beautiful dogs...
Husky pups and their markings help :) Siberian

especially this one...
Husky pups and their markings help :) 1hI7e

I was wondering if anyone could post some pictures of young puppies, 1week-8weeks old, and their markings. I know it may vary depending simply on how the dog ages, but in general if anyone has any pictures of young pups that will have markings like those two adult dogs i've posted pictures of above, i'd love to see them so I can make references to what I will ultimately choose as my future pup! Thank you so much everyone hope to see some responses and pics of pups!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:03 am

Marking can change a lot as they grow up! But don't worry, you will love your puppy anyway! lol. We wanted Siku to keep her baby markings, but they faded. But we still love and and now I love her new mask too.

Siku at 6 weeks Husky pups and their markings help :) IMG_1910

Siku 1.5 years
Husky pups and their markings help :) IMG_2805

Elara 8 weeks
Husky pups and their markings help :) 343

Elara 1 year
Husky pups and their markings help :) IMG_0136

Husky pups and their markings help :) Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:07 am

If you like the open faced look, I'd try and go for a pup who has little to no mask as a puppy. Or a very faint one. Rodeo and Cheyenne both had very dark defined masks when they were younger. And still do have masks. Mishkas is like Sikus.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:09 am

Balon, 5 months, as you can see in my profile pic has the "raccoon" looking mask, in other words he has the goggles. He has had them since he was born, and they have gotten darker. But he may still end up losing them, its hard to tell. I agree though go for a pup with little to no eye mask and you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:31 am

You will love Melissa's Mya then! She's gorgeous! Hopefully she'll post pictures for you to see.

This is Hayden two days before he turned 8 weeks

Husky pups and their markings help :) 395098_348586835158706_100000221767487_1681922_1966741388_n

This is him now (taken last night)

Husky pups and their markings help :) 406195_117489725062551_2016097742_n

Hayden didn't lose his mask too much. It's gotten slightly lighter, but again he's still growing, so it may change more. I don't think Nicky's will change at all Laughing
Back to top Go down
amcooke
Newborn
Newborn
amcooke

Female Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:14 pm

This is Leia at about 5 months:
Husky pups and their markings help :) 001
And now at over a year:
Husky pups and their markings help :) 0044-1

she didn't really change her mask a lot, but she sure did change colors.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm not too sure how to upload pictures yet as I am new to this forum lol Razz but here are some links

This is him when I first got him at 6 weeks
https://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i241/rocio24/?action=view&current=1.jpg

And this is him at 7 months now!
https://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i241/rocio24/?action=view&current=lycuscolorsplash.jpg
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Rocio_Caballero wrote:
I'm not too sure how to upload pictures yet as I am new to this forum lol Razz but here are some links

This is him when I first got him at 6 weeks
Husky pups and their markings help :) 1

And this is him at 7 months now!
Husky pups and their markings help :) Lycuscolorsplash

There you go. Just copy the img code from photobucket next time. It adds the [img] on the sides for you.

Husky pups and their markings help :) Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Here was my Dakota at 12 weeks of age

Husky pups and their markings help :) 2012-01-09200821

Here at almost 11 years old

Husky pups and their markings help :) 2011-09-10204758
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Ares at 8 weeks
Husky pups and their markings help :) 314734_3337026996572_949352274_n
Ares now at 6 months
Husky pups and their markings help :) 534651_3384556104770_1494895474_n

Zoey at 8 weeks
Husky pups and their markings help :) 166038_3248217056379_1463133258_n
Zoey at almost 2 years
Husky pups and their markings help :) 485828_2901284623285_1305550012_n

Embry at 7 weeks
Husky pups and their markings help :) 61661_1420240238101_3852340_n
Embry at 2.5 years
Husky pups and their markings help :) 555233_3329986580566_2025551914_n
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Oh wow thanks!
Back to top Go down
Montana14
Puppy
Puppy
Montana14

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Welcome to the forum!

This is Montana at 4 weeks:

Husky pups and their markings help :) 19066810

This is her now at 1 yr. old:

Husky pups and their markings help :) Dsc07610
Back to top Go down
bte
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:16 pm

THANK YOU everyone so much for all the replies. I didnt expect that many responses so soon! Yall are fantastic haha. I feel like after looking at everyones pups its given me a bit more knowledge on picking. I know regardless of what markings the pup has im gonna love it anyway!
Back to top Go down
KairiLA
Puppy
Puppy
KairiLA

Female Join date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Husky pups and their markings help :) 426608_364326666920544_711708860_n

Kairi at 3 weeks

Husky pups and their markings help :) 252698_10101501501565855_486986939_n

Kairi at 6 months
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky pups and their markings help :)   Husky pups and their markings help :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky pups and their markings help :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1