It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Earthborn Holistic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earthborn Holistic   Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:45 pm

I don't think it is available in Australia. I went to their international site and the grain free formulas that I peeked at, Great Plains Feast (Bison) and Meadow Plains Feast (lamb) that do not have potato in them weren't listed on their international website.

Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Earthborn Holistic   Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:50 pm

Typical..A lot of the brands you guys have we dont have. Pet food isn't regulated in Australia so there's a lot of brands, every vet seems to have their face on a bag. So far we're happy with feeding the Black Hawk with a mixture of chicken and vegies.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Earthborn Holistic   Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:51 pm

If you were really interested in it, you can do what I do when I want something from Japan- order from the US Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Husky mum
Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Earthborn Holistic   Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:55 pm

I will look into it a bit more, PetStock may be able to order it in, worth a try.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Earthborn Holistic   Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 am

Heather, does Koda have a potato issue or do you just choose not to feed them?

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Earthborn Holistic   Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 am

Koda is allergic. Guess how long it took us all to figure THAT out! Ugh, I remember that!

Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Earthborn Holistic   Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:19 am

Oh man! I bet. How does a dog manage to get a potato allergy? That's pretty wild.

Then again, Delilah is deathly allergic to chicken...lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Earthborn Holistic   Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Has anybody noticed a.. uh.. crunchy?(not sure how else to describe this) texture to their pet's fur on this food? We first tried Earthborn with the cats maybe a year ago. My sister's cat is pretty much allergic to life itself and picky to the point that he WILL starve himself to almost death, and we have to be careful about the food we get, and Earthborn carries a grain-free, sweet potato free, fish free type that the cats absolutely LOVED. I really wanted to add it into our dry rotation! However, it made their fur really stiff, dry, and what I can only seem to describe as crunchy haha
I love the food, it's affordable and quality, the cats -cough- my sister's cat -cough- will eat it with out a struggle. My cats eat everything Laughing 

I tried it with the dog on their last bag of food, figuring they might have a different reaction cause they're a different species. They loved it, I LOVED the way it smelled for whatever reason, and my fat cat tried to jump in the food bin every time it was time to feed the dogs, but it made their fur do the same thing! Especially Snoopy, but he's fluffier than Nunya so maybe it's just not as noticeable on Nunya. I don't know, what have you guys noticed? I believe it was also the one with bison in it, but not a sweet potato free kind because the dogs aren't allergic to it like Telmo is.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Earthborn Holistic   Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 3:53 pm

I fed it to my two for a year and didn't notice this at all. Not sure what the deal is. scratch 
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Earthborn Holistic   Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Maybe it was just the one flavor? I still like the food, but maybe I'll just not get that flavor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earthborn Holistic   Earthborn Holistic - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Earthborn Holistic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3