It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* Empty
PostSubject: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 pm

well I got my notarized letter done today, altough I didnt get my funds like I expected, maybe tomorrow, but anywho, I have Skyy now, I have been calling her Isis since she doesnt know her name and responds better to it. So sorry I have been MIA today it has just been a SUPER busy day, went to the vet, groomers, petbarn and more. So to make it all easy to read I will break the news down into sections Smile

Vet visit- Took her to the vet today and she had blood work done, ultrasound done the whole nine yards, so we have to wait for the blood work results but as for her pregnancy, she is about 5 weeks into her pregnancy, ultrasound shows there are 5 pups, very small for their gestational ages but the vet says he is optimistic that as she continues to gain more weight they will be fine when they are born, she is underweight but the satin balls are working very VERY well, as for her bald patches on her hind legs and belly, the doc says there is no infection and that she has been pulling it out due to stress but being in a better environment and with a steady healthy diet her hair should grow back and she will no longer pull it out. Behavior wise she is such a sweetheart, she won over the vet immediately <3

The Groomers- Smile after the vets visit I took her to petbarns do-it-yourself grooming and she got a full bath and brush out and conditioned and pampered, the whole package, she loved it all except the blow drying :p

At home- She has been doing very well here today, she sticks only to me and has been skittish and very timid around everyone else (except for axel that is, she has really taken to him), and she has shown protectiveness over me which may be an issue(?) if roxy gets close to me or I go to roxy she dominates roxy and pushes her to the ground or away from me. Other than that she is doing really well here, whines and licks me like crazy to take her outside, she has been very happy today, was even playing with me in my room Very Happy

In other news- I got her a hot pink harness that compliments her color so nicely I think, the previous B**** had her on a tight choker collar that was pulling her hair :/ god her some toys and things we will need in case and emergency during labor, which the vet has given me his personal cell number so when she goes into labor if I need him he will make a house call since he lives pretty close by Smile This is all working out really well though, I had a gift certificate for petbarn that I was going to give a friend since I wasnt using it and Im so glad I didnt hehe.

Anyways, Ive been so busy but here are a few pictures of her first few hours here, as soon as she saw axel she just perked up and they were instantly buddies <3

I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* Dsc_0610
I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* Dsc_0611
I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* Dsc_0612
I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* Dsc_0613
I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* Dsc_0614
I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* Dsc_0615
I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* Dsc_0616

Last edited by MetalMama on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:41 pm

omg i just noticed in the last picture poor axel looks like such a fata$$ LOL I love my boy though he is a piggy.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Glad she's out of that place and doing good with you!

I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:47 pm

me too, she has already been seeming more happy, just gotta keep feeding her as per the vets schedule and take her back in another weeks so we can do another ultrasiound and see how everything is going Smile
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:47 pm

So happy you got her. She looks so much more relaxed and safe with you!!

What a B*word to do that to an dog like that!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Aww she looks so happy! Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:50 pm

I am so happy too and I want you ALL to know how much I appreciate your support, she deserves a second chance at having a good life where she is safe and happy.
Back to top Go down
ket002
Newborn
Newborn
ket002

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:52 pm

He's not fat, he's FLUFFY! Smile
Very nice to see that you finally got her. The third picture is so cute, She has pretty blue eyes!
Hope everything goes well with her pregnancy...I hope you will keep us updated on her progress.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Wow she is really a beauty.. I am so glad you were able to get her without the funds.. Hopefully tomorrow you will get the funds.. I would get the lady to sign some kind of document stating that you sold her or re homed her to you. SO she doesn't come back and claim you stole her.

Also get her micro chip if you can it can be change if you re-home her else where but it will save some headaches if she get lose or the lady tries to come and take her after you have paid her bills and got her healthy.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:03 pm

ljelgin wrote:
Wow she is really a beauty.. I am so glad you were able to get her without the funds.. Hopefully tomorrow you will get the funds.. I would get the lady to sign some kind of document stating that you sold her or re homed her to you. SO she doesn't come back and claim you stole her.

Also get her micro chip if you can it can be change if you re-home her else where but it will save some headaches if she get lose or the lady tries to come and take her after you have paid her bills and got her healthy.
Yepp, ahead of ya on that, I wrote out in the notarized paper her name and that for $50 she is relinquishing ownership of Skyy the siberian etc etc and i made myself a copy and the lady which we both signed each copy and put our id card numbers too. But as far as micro chipping the vet and I talked it over and if she is doing well on her next follow up we weill do it then, he didnt really want to inject her microchip being she isnt very healthy, he says if for some reason it were to get an infection her immune system wouldnt be able to fight it off like a normal dogs would Smile
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:04 pm

ket002 wrote:
Very nice to see that you finally got her. The third picture is so cute, She has pretty blue eyes!
Hope everything goes well with her pregnancy...I hope you will keep us updated on her progress.

sounds like you have been watching "Ice Age " with Mandy... :lol
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:06 pm

ljelgin wrote:
ket002 wrote:

sounds like you have been watching "Ice Age " with Mandy... :lol
hehe me too :p I love all of them Smile
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Aww she is awesome! Thank god you got her!
Back to top Go down
NatalieJ
Newborn
Newborn
NatalieJ

Female Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Yaay!!! She's beautiful! Good work!
Back to top Go down
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:22 pm

I am glad you got her! I am also glad I live so far away or I would be tempted to take a puppy lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:34 pm

She's beautiful. Thank you for helping her out!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Yay!!! So happy that you got her! She's so pretty I love you
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:43 pm

So happy you got her. I have been worrying about this. She;s a beauty!

Are you considering keeping her?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:08 pm

The difference from the first picture to the last (with Axel) is amazing! SO glad everything worked out!!
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:22 am

I'm so happy you got her, she looks so happy! Dos she have to birth the puppies first before you can take her to dog parks and what not? I've been thinking about driving to west EP to see how that dog park is lol the one here in Cruces is not so good Neutral
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:31 am

Great news and good job again on saving her. She needed a good home and at least now she has one, be it temp or perm. She looks so happy and relaxed.

Kudos again
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:34 am

Megan, Im not sure, right now my priority is making sure she gets healthy and the pups are born without problems during labor, after that Im really just going to play by ear, but she has become really attached to me, and I cant deny that she is growing on me too :p

Angela, Very Happy I know, she really perked up, they both seem very happy together and that of course makes me happy, axel is actually a rescue dog as well, he came from a home where he was used as target practice for bb guns and he had his female parter that he grew up with killed in front of him, it really makes me happy seeing him happy with her.

Lycus, :p the ones here in EP arent great either haha but I dont know I will ask her vet Smile

Kevin, Thanks but its not really a big deal, its what anyone SHOULD do for an animal in need. Just wish more people would do it.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:31 am

Yay - great job!!! Smile So glad you have her! Smile

Does the vet thinks she's up going to term with the pups or did he bring up the possibility of spaying her now?
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:30 am

It depends he said, alot is riding on how her next follow up goes, if she keeps gaining weight and depending on her bloodwork, he says she can go full term and then once she has the pups we can spay her, right now we just have to get her to gain the right amount of weight and hope that her test results all come back good.
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

Female Join date : 2012-07-12

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:02 pm

I'm so glad you saved her! I was reading your other post about how poorly she was being treated and my heart was breaking over it.

Do you have any idea what the puppies are? I was curious if the previous owner knew what kind of dog got her pregnant. Huskies make some really cute mixed breeds (but I guess that's because they're already so cute themselves)! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*   I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX* Empty

Back to top Go down

I FINALLY got Skyy *PIX*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next