It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What kind of bed should I get my husky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thephynx22
Newborn
Newborn
thephynx22

Female Join date : 2012-06-27

What kind of bed should I get my husky?  Empty
PostSubject: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Rambo likes to sleep on hard and cool surfaces, like wood and tile floors. He doesn't seem fond of his crate, especially the plastic tray. If he lies on the tray for too long, it gets very moist and hot. I feel bad for making him sleep in such an uncomfortable environment. I wanna get him his own bed that he'll like. What kind of dog bed would you recommend for a husky pup?
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:53 pm

I took mine to petsmart and let him pick out the bed he wanted..

Now as for my girl my husband pick out the bed and she does not sleep on it.

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:19 pm

All 3 of mine have different beds.
Embry likes something just simple and thin to lay on. Zoey likes beds that are round with sides and Ares likes plush with sides.
Embry has this one: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11252583&lmdn=Dog+Size
Zoey has this one: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4405771&lmdn=Dog+Beds
Ares has this one: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13188005&lmdn=Dog+Beds
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:10 pm

When he is a puppy most likely he will try to eat his bed. Sabaka turned one in November and that is about when he started actually using a bed. I think it is hot in the summer so they like the cool floor. His bed is from Sam's Club, kind of smooth on one side and microfiber on the other. He actually flips the bed to the smooth side now that the weather is warmer. I think the microfiber must be hotter. I need to get a video of him doing it... it's quite funny... however, his nails have popped tiny holes in it from his violent flipping!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm

We got a nice big one from Costco for 20 bucks. It has a washable cover and it was cheap so I won't be distressed for throwing money away if he chews it up. Bode actually likes it a lot. Its microfiber and has cedar chips in it so it smells nice!
Back to top Go down
Charsmom
Teenager
Teenager
Charsmom

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:33 am

I just bought a Costco bed yesterday. Char is already trying to eat/ dig it. Now I'm wondering if getting something that smells like a tree was a good idea. Lol

What kind of bed should I get my husky?  Photo%202012-07-28%2010%2004%2001%20PM

Last edited by Charsmom on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:20 am

I got Luna an LL Bean bed, it's very durable (shes a puppy and tries to chew it), washable cover and its not a fleece or anything its a denim like material so it doesn't get as hot. A little pricey but she likes it!

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/44560?feat=134-CL1
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:57 am

Beds?! None! Haha! Unless you want that puppy to eat them all. Smile

I got our dogs a Molly Mutt dog bed. It's actually just a cover that you can stuff whatever you want into it. Works awesome. But there's no way I'm letting them have it until they are out of the "puppy years". Wink
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
suki243
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:23 pm

I got simba one from costco it's durable and cheap, it doesn't have a cover though. It's tough material and water resistant, which is good cause simba likes to paw at his water. He's tried to chew on it without any avail.It's 12$ if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:56 pm

We moved Loki's kennel down to our basement. He seems to like it down there.
Back to top Go down
liz-skees
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Last edited by liz-skees on Mon May 20, 2013 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
liz-skees
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Last edited by liz-skees on Mon May 20, 2013 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Mines got plush bed with sides, the cushion has a removable cover so you can just throw it in the wash - I think removable covers are important. He likes the sides and he likes the fluffyness, although, he does sometimes take the stuffing out and play with it!!!

He did have a mattress for his crate, but he ripped it up, I'm not getting him another just yet, he just sleeps on his tray, its metal, he likes it, I have put a blanket in there for him which tends to just get pushed to one side lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of bed should I get my husky?    What kind of bed should I get my husky?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What kind of bed should I get my husky?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1