It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Have we hit the teenage years?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

Have we hit the teenage years? Empty
PostSubject: Have we hit the teenage years?   Have we hit the teenage years? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:08 pm

She's 4 months old... and acts insane now. She grabs things when we aren't looking and then hides and we have to play "Catch the Husky" for about 10-15 minutes each time.
Just wondering if this is the right age... or if this is just or huskiness.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Have we hit the teenage years?   Have we hit the teenage years? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:38 pm

That one is just Huskiness, Ghost has always done that. She'll hit the teenage phase around 7-10 months. Get ready... Razz

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Have we hit the teenage years? 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Have we hit the teenage years?   Have we hit the teenage years? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:09 am

Oh god I know the feeling! Lycus is almost 8 months and is definitely the worst! I play "catch the husky" almost every day! lol
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Have we hit the teenage years?   Have we hit the teenage years? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:05 am

Kale hit his teenage phase at 10-11 months lol what youre describing is regular ornery puppy Wink
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Have we hit the teenage years?   Have we hit the teenage years? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:32 am

going on 10 months, and Keeonah sneaks things out of the hall bathroom trash... and tears them to little shreds.. ahhh snap! and she took my roommate's chapstick yesterday lol. burt's bees though, so i understand. He was a little less understanding, however Razz. She is sooo stealthy though! i think she is just wandering through the house to the back yard, and I go check and bam! snow in july lol. I was actually stoked when I caught her in the act, because she got a niceeee little chat that was a longgg time comin' Laughing
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Have we hit the teenage years?   Have we hit the teenage years? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:43 am

Freya's behaviour is starting to change as well.
She'll do something and as soon as she sees me she'lkl act all submissive, give me cute puppy eyes amsnd slink under the table where it's harder for me to get her out.
I'll then see the shoe she's eaten or the book she's torn up into tiny pieces.
She friggen knows it's naughty. If she didnt then why would she act like's she's in trouble!

She's just becoming such a butt hole. I love her like crazy but my god!
If this isnt the begining of the 'teenage' years then I hate to think opf what she's going to be like.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Have we hit the teenage years?   Have we hit the teenage years? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:45 am

I think I'm lucky so far, Balon doesn't really grab and run, but (shipping wrap incident) he does grab and eat lol.

Balon is 5 1/2 months now the only change I notice is he is playing rougher with my Lab, I just tell her no and he backs off or I just break it up and redirect for awhoile. They really do love each other, they are constantly kissing each other lol! But when the get to going, it can look a bit rough, I know huskies play rough lol.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Have we hit the teenage years?   Have we hit the teenage years? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:22 am

Biko hit his teen punkiness at about 18 months, intensify the training and you'll be okay. Slack off and you'll pay dearly.
Back to top Go down
massak
Puppy
Puppy
massak

Male Join date : 2012-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Have we hit the teenage years?   Have we hit the teenage years? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:32 am

the REAL question is when do they get OUT of their teenage years?! Smile My doggie is probably somewhere between 2 and 3yrs and all he wants to do is play play play play! and when he is finally done playing, running and swimming on 10+ mile hikes he gets home and wants to play!
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Have we hit the teenage years?   Have we hit the teenage years? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:46 am

That´s jus tnormal puppy behaviour, the teenage years are much worste than that Very Happy
It starts at about 7 to the 12th month and depending on the dog it can last until they are about three years old.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Have we hit the teenage years?   Have we hit the teenage years? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Hayden is 10 month's old and is going through the teenage year's and boy it is no joke! I wish you good luck when you're pup does hit the age, because you're going to need it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have we hit the teenage years?   Have we hit the teenage years? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have we hit the teenage years?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1