It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

An interest in balls - Finally.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

An interest in balls - Finally.  Empty
PostSubject: An interest in balls - Finally.    An interest in balls - Finally.  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:38 am

I was out in the back yard this afternoon watching the kids play on the trampoline and their peddal tractors, when I noticed the ball Freya conveniently ripped off the todem tennis string.
I decided to throw it for her and see what she would do. Previously she has had no interest in balls of any kind, soccer, tennis, beach balls. Nothing. (Unless of course the serve a perpose other than her entertainment - Such as todem tennis balls lol).

To my amazment she ran after it. She carted it around and brought it back to me. I was so surprised. She didnt drop it at my feet, or in my hand or anything. But she came within a meter of me so I could then get it off her and throw it again.
It only lasted about 10 minutes as she was getting distracted with the kids playing their own games. But it was so awesome! To be able to play a proper game with her outside in our huge backyard.

I played again with her this evening as the sky was starting to pink up, just before sunset. The boys were inside so there were no distractions for her.
She was going great when she decided to not chase the ball. I ran to get it and she sunk her little puppy fangs into my calf.
I'm hoping this is just over excitment, because she usually only bites when she's really pumped. The game ended due to the bite.

But yay, she plays fetch. I feel like she's growing into the dog I've always dreamed of more and more every day. Words cant even begin to discribe how much I feel for this rapidly growing ball of furr.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: An interest in balls - Finally.    An interest in balls - Finally.  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:47 pm

That's great! Juneau plays fetch from time to time, but she doesn't drop it. I have to coax her to drop it for me, or at least loosen her grip. She isn't interested in playing frisbee with me, but in the dog park the other day, she was playing with another owner! Ah well.

I'm glad you're enjoying your little ball of fluff. Smile
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: An interest in balls - Finally.    An interest in balls - Finally.  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:32 pm

I guess it's the stubborn independant strteak coming out. 'I'll do it my way, on my terms'

My friend has a retriever cross and she does everything for him every time he asks. As much as I like that and see benifits to it, for me it's just so robotic. I'm really pleased Freya has a mind of her own, as much as it can be a pain at times, it really makes me feel like she's more part of the family and not just a pet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An interest in balls - Finally.    An interest in balls - Finally.  Empty

Back to top Go down

An interest in balls - Finally.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1