It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 Empty
PostSubject: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:12 pm

So, some of you may know that John and I have been searching for a playmate for Koda on and off. We just moved 200 miles south of our old place and are renting a house now. We were just casually looking as financially it would probably be better if we waited a couple of months. However, the best things happen when you're not looking...

My future sister-in-law called me the other day and said "Hey, there's a husky at the local shelter... you should go take a look." Not expecting anything... we went, and she was the SWEETEST dog I have ever met. A bit shy and cautious, but she was beautiful. They found her on the street x-mas morning and waited for a family that never came.

We waited a week to bring Koda, and yesterday they got along GREAT! She was calm, but the moment she saw Koda, she came to life, wanting nothing more than to play with him. Had they been offleash, I can only imagine how great they would have gotten along! The shelter loved us, and well... she's ours! She just got spayed and we're waiting for her stitches to be taken out and after I get back from my business trip in February so she's not home alone all day. We pick her up February 8th and she'll come UTD on shots, spayed and microchipped all for $30 (We'll donate more because this is a wonderful shelter!). We're really excited! We've been waiting a long time for another dog. Here are some pictures. Her name is currently Lady or Avoo (sugar in eskimo) but I think we're going to change it.

New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 01180011
New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 01180012
New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 01180013
And john blowing in her face to make her howl...
New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 01180014

New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 Hailey10

Last edited by Koda on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm so exicited for you all! i hope you figure out the fence issue so they can really have at it! you will not beleive the change you will see in Koda now that he has a friend it is a great site to watch! i can't wait to see more pictures and to hear the name you pick. do they know how old she might be?
Back to top Go down
AraiNI
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Awww, Loving the bi eyes!

Is that a parti eye I see too? I can't tell if its my computer (since I'm in class on a school computer, lol, whoops)
Back to top Go down
http://www.northerninuitusa.webs.com
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Jenn- she's only about a year old. I'm thinking of naming her Noel, since they found her on Christmas morning. I haven't run it by John yet though- he may find it too cheesy, but I like it Smile

AraiNI- she has the exact opposite eye coloring of Koda. She has one brown eye, one parti, and Koda has one blue eye, one parti Smile

Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Love the parti eyes! and Congrats i hope we to can find Roxy a playmate soon
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Sad news... after a month, the owners came to pick her up today. Just got a call from the shelter. The guy seemed really broken up about it and said they even tried to keep her, but the owners came with pictures and documentation so he said his hands were tied Sad

Apparently they were on vacation and the people who were supposed to watch her didn't. She ran from two towns over. Obviously I'm glad that her owners found her and she's back with people who love her, but it just doesn't make this process any easier. Sad

John and I are really broken up about it. The shelter guy said that not for nothing but they did have a lead on another female husky who is two years old and also gorgeous. The owners want to give her up. I don't know anymore details, so I will post again tomorrow when I find out more information. This just totally sucks Sad

Last edited by Koda on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:06 pm

Im really sorry to hear that but everything happens for a reason. Im sure itll all work out for he best and Keep your heads up
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:12 pm

I know... I agree that everything happens for a reason... this is just twice that it's happened to us. This was before we created this forum, but John and I adopted a little girl back in March/April and we had her for a week before the owners changed their minds, called us crying and drove 14 hours roundtrip to pick her up. Some luck Sad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 7:27 pm

Twisted Evil !!!!!

You already know how I'm ragging about this. Hopefully this new husky girl is more promising, if you're willing to look into that. I would really get some kind of contract written up this time that if they surrender her over, it's FINAL and to deal with their mistake if they regret it. It sounds mean but enough is enough!
Back to top Go down
Tracy Hinch
Newborn
Newborn
Tracy Hinch

Female Join date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Aaahhh that is soooo sad, I hope you have much better luck next time, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:23 am

That kind of pisses me off. I can't imagine the frustration you two must be feeling. We all know you're a lottery home for any dog, and that dog will come along when the time is right. Just don't be like me and keep going past two, three, four...
Back to top Go down
mcdlabs
Puppy
Puppy
mcdlabs

Male Join date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:16 am

damn harrise...you have your own sled dog team going on there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mcdlabs.com/BWS
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Tori im so sorry to hear you lost another one, but i think everyone is right and when the time comes you will get the dog that was ment for your family, sometimes it happes fast and sometimes it takes much longer. keep saving and gathering the things you need so you are ready when the time comes, cause you just never know!

Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Sadness Sad

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10   New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Addition Coming...UPDATE 1/24/10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-