It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Western New York Husky Huddle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Western New York Husky Huddle Empty
PostSubject: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Oh man I'm so ashamed, Crying or Very sad sold my soul today to the great evil Satan called Fartbook. I finally talked with some locals about a Husky Huddle/ Malamute Mingle set the date for October 13th at the Amherst Paw Park. So I swallowed my pride and dignity as the best way I could come up with to get the word out would be Fartbook. Other then making fliers and posting them all over the place, I'm open to suggestions.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:10 pm

lol!

Welcome to the 21st century, Len! When I started up the Gulf Coast H2M2 I also used www.meetup.com. You have to pay $15 a month for it, but it has really helped us gain numbers and get the word out.

You can be my Facebook friend if you want. I only get political sometimes... Razz

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Western New York Husky Huddle 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:27 pm

craigslist helped us gather members. That and facebook posting on rescue walls about the meetup.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:58 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Oh man I'm so ashamed, Crying or Very sad sold my soul today to the great evil Satan called Fartbook.
Welcome to the dark side.... Twisted Evil
I'd be your Fartbook friend drunken

Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:34 pm

This is where all my techno ignorance comes in I haven't a clue to how to include people on my list ( I did put Beth there some how). Or find rescues per se, do I just type words into the search just a Google search? Really don't want to type things and have strangers or organizations thinking I'm trying to friend/like when all I'm doing is learning the basis of it all.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Oh my goodness the weekend huddle will be Saturday.

Husky Huddle/ Malamute Mingle

October 13, 2012 Start: 9AM--- ???

The Paw Park, 500 Smith Rd., Amherst, NY

(remember its never to cold for a Husky/Malamute play day)
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Well had the meet not sure if it made an impression of any sort. Did have at least 2 Huskies that I didn't recognize. So the 1st meet I believe we had 6 Huskies, 1 Elkhound, and a Shepard/Husky mix that had a face of a Shiba Inu. So here are a few pics that weren't to fuzzy.

Next attempt will be November 17th. Same place same time.

Adobo in the back, Biko and Keira (not sure of spelling or name owned by Kristina)
Western New York Husky Huddle Dscf0755uf

Keira, mystery behind of a Husky, Sky, Biko, Koda, Adobo
Western New York Husky Huddle Dscf0758b

Sky, 3 and 1/2 of the Huskies were blue eyed.
Western New York Husky Huddle Dscf0762a

Koda
Western New York Husky Huddle Dscf0763v

Elk-yholic
Western New York Husky Huddle Dscf0768oj

the one with the Shiba face, very pretty dog
Western New York Husky Huddle Dscf0771t

This guy deserves 2 photos. Brian, I owe you because when ever I've seen pics of woolies I've never been impressed. But live wholey moley they are stunning.
Western New York Husky Huddle Dscf0778i

Adobo flirting with the woolie
Western New York Husky Huddle Dscf0775eh

Mingle with the humans for a few seconds
Western New York Husky Huddle Dscf0776n

The End!
Western New York Husky Huddle Dscf0779fv

Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:52 pm

Those are some great pics. Mine are like that when I get back from the dog park, they are all passed out. its great
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Awh so cute, I hope I can take Yuki to a meet-up! Not many of those in Ohio, but she's still pretty young anyway so I want her to be big enough to actually play with the older huskies.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm

BUMP:.........................

December 22, 2012 Start: 9AM--- ???

Dress warm! (remember its never to cold for a Husky/Malamute play day)

Deposit bottles and cans are also welcome. The Paw Park survives on donations.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Darn, wish I would have known about it sooner. Maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:04 am

Keyda81 wrote:

Every 5th Saturday is how we've been doing it. So figure January 26, 2013 for the next one.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:32 am

Here4thePics wrote:
Keyda81 wrote:

Every 5th Saturday is how we've been doing it. So figure January 26, 2013 for the next one.

Okay, great! Count me and Lucian in. I'm sure he'd love to play with other huskies.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 3:05 pm

I've scheduled Lucian's neuter for the 9th, so he'll be plenty healed up for the meet up. Smile I'm hoping that he can get some good socialization with some other huskies. I've taken him to see my aunts chocolate lab, but her dog doesn't care for some of the things he does, and neither does my aunt. She wouldn't let them just work things out. So I'm hoping other husky owners will understand, lol.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Still having the meet up this Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:01 pm

March 2, 2013 Start: 9AM--- ???

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:52 pm

April 6, 2013

Start: 9AM--- ???

Back to top Go down
Gilly
Puppy
Puppy
Gilly

Male Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Next time i'm home visiting my parents i'll see if i can come out to one of these (if the day line up!) they live in getzville
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:29 pm

October 5, 2013 Start: 9AM--- ???

Rain or Shine

(Will also be posting this info in The Paw Park's, Facebook page)

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:41 am

November 16, 2013 Start: 9AM--- ???

Rain, Snow or Shine

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 7:14 pm

November 16, 2013 Start: 9AM--- ???

Rain, Snow or Shine

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Western New York Husky Huddle   Western New York Husky Huddle Empty

Back to top Go down

Western New York Husky Huddle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1