It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Pit bull attacked Luna

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

Female Join date : 2012-07-26

Pit bull attacked Luna  Empty
PostSubject: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 pm

So I took Luna to the park today before it start to rain. There were 2 dogs there. a Big friendly pit bull and a mix husky. they were playing fine. The owner of the Pitbull told me watch out there's another pit coming and he play rough.

When the gate open she went straight for Luna. We had to stop it a few time. When i turn my back she went for Luna's neck and Luna was screaming. I got so freaking pissed i picked her up and carry out of the off leash area.

I really don't get people, why bring an aggressive dog to a off leash area? I'm here examining Luna's body, I don't see any blood not sure if I should bring her to the vet. Her next vet appointment is next week
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Happened to me too..Its the owners not knowing proper saftey..If you know your dog is rough let the owners know to prevent injuries.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 pm

If no blood, I would just wait. No need to pay for vet without a cause. Sorry to hear about that though. Steve goes after the necks of dogs, but his is playful and most around my area know that. I still take my kids to the other area so my huskies and play like huskies. I hope Luna is okay
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Ugh that is annoying. I'm not the confrontational type but if that happened to my baby, that owner would have gotten a nice mouthful. And he's giving a bad to the pit breed. Callie's played with a few pits at our park no problem. In fact, one of her favorite dogs to play with is a Pit/Doberman mix. And yeah, they play rough with a lot of neck grabbing but there's never any aggression. I don't even mind the occasional fight that breaks out over something little because the dogs quickly move on and go back to playing. But if you're purposely going to bring your dog to the park and you know they don't like other dogs or puppies or anything like that, you need a firm talking to. The lady at the park the other day brought a dog that doesn't like puppies, but knowing this, she muzzled him so that he couldn't bite. I was fine with her doing that and her telling me that he wasn't going to play nice with puppies so I could keep an eye on Callie but that way both dogs, as well as everyone else, could continue to enjoy the park. Sure, muzzles are no fun, but if you're insistent on bringing a meaner dog to the park, it's a responsible action to prevent injuries.

I'm glad Luna seems okay. If there's no blood and she's allowing you to make contact with her without any pain or reaction, I'd say you could wait until her appointment. Just feel around, make sure she's not reacting to you touching any one spot. Hopefully her crying out was just from the surprise and an attempt to get the pit off of her.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:47 pm

What that is really is just a person with a dog who doesn't know anything about their dogs behavior or personality. Does that excuse it - no. But if it was me, an it has been- after the first incident I'd have left regardless. It's unrealistic to expect other people to be responsible so we as responsible owners have to double our efforts.

I will say though that Bella has been attacked three times (once by a GSD that drew blood on her hind leg - once by an off leash bully type dog [this dog was SCARED out of its mind at the time] that was nothing and the last by a malamute/husky mix that put a hole in the side of her face). I can say 100% that Siberians are drama queens. Bella would scream bloody murder. I remember when she got pushed onto her back and she was just unhappy she got pushed (it wasn't an alpha roll or anything he got checked) and she SCREAMED bloody murder like she was literally dying. When she got the hole in her face it was like three short high pitched yelps that indicated a problem (we actually didn't know she was bleeding or that there was even a wound until a few hours after).

I'm sorry this situation happened Sad

Pit bull attacked Luna  Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 pm

We been examining touching to see if she will react to pain, she been good so far so good. We are looking for another dog park. I really don't want this to happen again. I will give him a mouthful when I see him again. Shae, I really wish he would put a muzzles on the dog. What really get me mad is that there two off leash area in the dog, for big dogs and small dogs. One area was empty and he decided to bring it to the area with all the dogs Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Just the other day my friend's siberian got attacked by TWO pit bulls! She of course went to save her dog and thankfully he was okay, but her not so much:
Pit bull attacked Luna  487555_4796799444063_1079060950_n

And she found out one of the pits had recently bitten a mailman. I don't know all the details, but the pit owner seems highly irresponsible to me. Taking a dog with bite history to a dog park and how in the world did it bite the mailman unless it was loose!

Pit bull attacked Luna  Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:14 pm

I know this is a little off topic here but how do you keep your Sibes from being too mouthy. Every time I let Anna play with this lab puppy Molly she always constantly going for her neck. I understand they play rough but what if it's at a dog park and I don't know the owners. Anna isn't hurting Molly and Molly's owners don't mind it's just I get nervous. And when Molly came over if I thought Anna was being too rough i would make her sit out for a minute or so but she just continued to be stubborn when I let her play.
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:10 am

Holy Sh@$! Sara, did she report the pitbulls to animal control? Please keep me update on this her case.

Ellen, Every time I go to a off leash area I tell the dog owners Luna play rough and they tell me its ok. You just need to let them know a head of time. I've been lucky where I'm at, Luna befriended a husky mix and malamute. the owners understand:)

Even at the daycare I told them Luna play rough please put her in the middle class dog. I'm afraid what luna might do to the little dogs lol. Even there she managed to befriend a husky lol
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:51 am

Haha. Oh okay. Well I haven't taken her to any dog parks yet since I haven't had the time but I have Fall Break and I will be able to take her. I just am not sure how she is going to act since she acts like a loon with Molly constantly biting her neck. I guess it is just something I will get used to and I will make sure to let people know that she can play rough. Thank you!

Sara, that looks absolutely awful, like Junior said she should report it.
Back to top Go down
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:59 am

This dog park incident is the exact reason why my husband and I are too afraid to take our puppy to one. You just never know what can happen. A few years ago in our area, someone brought an adopted greyhound to a dog park, and the greyhound killed a small maltipoo type of dog. Apparently when adopting the greyhound, the new owners were told by the adoption agency that they could not take a greyhound to a dog park because of their training to go after small animals. They didn't listen and the poor little dog suffered for it. I'm too afraid to take that chance. There's always that 1 irresponsible person out there who doesn't care enough.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:59 am

It was reported. I'll ask her if she knows what happens with the dog if I see her again. Not sure if they know which pit bit her, but at least one had a bite history.

Pit bull attacked Luna  Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Just my luck: I took Luna for a walk and our neighbor's two pit bull came outside the gate and walked toward Luna. I picked up Luna and Scream as loud as i can and the owner came and told the dogs to get inside. I'm not sure if the dogs are aggressive, but I didn't want to take that chance.

I hope our other neighbors don't call 911 because I really screaming like I was being attack. I can honestly say I"M AFRAID OF PIT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pit bull attacked Luna    Pit bull attacked Luna  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pit bull attacked Luna

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1