It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

We miss you Akayla!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
John Moffat
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2010-11-11

We miss you Akayla!! Empty
PostSubject: We miss you Akayla!!   We miss you Akayla!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:00 pm

HI Everyone
i have only been a member here for maybe 6Months, and not posted until now. I always enjoy reading everyone's stories about their best friends. MY Wife Rose and I have rescued 4 dogs, our oldest was Akayla.
Akayla went to sleep Sunday Sept 16, peacefully. He hasd a fairly long life for a Sibe at 15.5 years. We had adopted him when he was about 18months old, he was a stray, and had been abused by someone, we do not knwo all the background other than were able to find out who the breeder was (he likely escaped from someone's backyear...we all know they love to run).
Akayla was my best friend for all 14 years we had him, I will always miss his excitement at mealtime, howling and prancing around waiting for his food (raw) to be put in front of him, while our other three dogs were more 'patient'. He never missed a walkies until his last 2 days. One week earlier he was running around in the sand at the back of our propertty (we live on 50 acres), he was playing with a friends puppy. amagint to watch a 15 year old dog run, jump, play rough, hard to believe how old he was. we watched in amazement. I said to Rose later that night that i was glad he had that playtime with a puppy, it may be one of his last, you see out other dogs are also a bit older (8, 12, and 13), and none like to play like Akayla did, he was SO HAPPY that day it brougt a tear to my eye.
On Saturday morning Sept 15th he had what we believe to be stroke, his right side was stiff, and i had to help him get up and move. We had a short walk Sunday morning around 5AM, he was very relaxed, i had a feeling it was time. it was not fair for him, you could tell he did not understand why he could not get up, go down the stairs, or eat. he would not even eat Cheese, his fav thing.
We went to the vets Sunday AM. i am happy in believing he was not really there, and am sure he crossed the rainbow bridge to see all his friends whom passed before him. am sure he is doing the things he loved to do, long walkies, playing with ANY dog/person, swimming, and howling to his hearts content.

Akayla, i really miss you buddy, Furry Dude. Will see you again one day. Miss our milti KM long walks....we took the cree to Algonquin Park last week and did a few short trails, were thinking of you at many of the usual 'photo-op' points in your Fav park. Godspeed

thanks for reading. i have wanted to share for a while, just needed some time.
wanted to attach a photo here, but not sure how too?

John and Rose Moffat
Burk's Falls, Ontario
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: We miss you Akayla!!   We miss you Akayla!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:52 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, We all know the pain all so well. My thoughts are with you and your family.
RIP Akayla, run free old friend.

By the way Welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: We miss you Akayla!!   We miss you Akayla!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Sad This made me cry. I'm so sorry for your loss, John. Know that Akayla loved you dearly and will be waiting for you on the other side.

RIP sweet boy
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: We miss you Akayla!!   We miss you Akayla!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:06 pm

So sorry for your loss but so happy to hear he got to have that day out playing and having a great time one last time.

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: We miss you Akayla!!   We miss you Akayla!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rip Akayla
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: We miss you Akayla!!   We miss you Akayla!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:44 pm

RIP Akayla, your people treated you well.
Back to top Go down
ksutton
Puppy
Puppy
ksutton

Male Join date : 2012-10-15

PostSubject: Re: We miss you Akayla!!   We miss you Akayla!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:08 pm

So sad to read, but I'm sure also sooooo many fond memories for you all! So glad he was able to live & appreciate the "good life" after you adopted him. Sorry for our loss -- thoughts & prayers with your family!
Back to top Go down
http://about.me/kevinsutton
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We miss you Akayla!!   We miss you Akayla!! Empty

Back to top Go down

We miss you Akayla!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Rainbow Bridge-