It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
dragonthewhitedread

Male Join date : 2012-10-30

Hello everyone! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:00 pm

I have thought about raw, and talked to several people that I know personally who have dogs and show their dogs and know a lot about different breeds and types of food and whatnot and from what I've researched raw is pretty much the best if you can go that route. My only issue with it is my husband I both work full time and I'm afraid it will be too time consuming trying to figure out exactly what kinds of protein and meats he would need. Not to mention it is the most expensive option (not that that is necessarily a factor, just a con) One of the people I talk to mentioned Avoderm and she says she uses that for her dogs and its all natural and grain free (no corn products) and that I might want to try that so I might give it a shot. If that doesn't work or Dragon doesn't seem to like it I might try Taste of the Wild. I know sometimes they can get tired of eating the same food so we will just have to see. Anyone else used Avoderm before?
Back to top Go down
Wintergreen
Newborn
Newborn
Wintergreen

Female Join date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Welcome and congratulations! Your new puppy is adorable Smile. Can't wait to see pictures as he grows!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:22 am

Ah I can't get over how beautiful he is, I especially love that signature pic. Looking forward to more!
Back to top Go down
Yaqui and the Sibe
Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

Female Join date : 2012-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:26 am

Thank you Megan, I love my little boy! I get to pick him up on Friday! I honestly can't wait, I'll be posting lots more pictures!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:27 am

Good! And I'll be stalking this forum lots then Very Happy I love watching them grow <3 Yuki just turned 16 weeks and I was like 'ITS MONDAAAY Time to take Yuki's weekly picture and put it on the forum!!'
Back to top Go down
Yaqui and the Sibe
Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:38 am

Yeah I've seen that a lot of the members have a weekly album! I want to have one for Nanuq as well, so far I have a picture of him for every week since he was 3 weeks old! I can't wait to see Yuki grow as well!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:40 am

Hi! I'm a soon-to-be husky mom too! But I'll be picking my little girl up in a month. I look forward to seeing lots of pictures! You're boy is such a handsome little guy! I'm sure Friday is going to feel like forever!
Back to top Go down
Yaqui and the Sibe
Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:43 am

Yay! I'm so excited for you!!! I can't wait, honestly you're right the days are going to go by really slowly!! I just hope he is happy here in my home!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:43 am

That's great! I keep a folder on my computer called 'Pups'. In that folder I have every single picture in full size of Yuki and Cloud numbered Yuki1, CloudYuki1, Yuki1, etc. Then inside that folder I have two folders called 'Forum Pics' and 'Yuki Growing Up'. Forum Pics has every single picture I've posted on the forum but obviously they're copies from the main Pups folder and they're scaled down to about 1/4th the original pictures size. Yuki Growing Up has her pictures from Week 2 to Week 16 and they are also copies from the Pups album but they are marked with the age she was and also scaled down to share with the forum. Complicated, I know, but it has helped me keep their pictures organized a lot and its really helpful when posting to the forum and such xD.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:44 am

And, Dot and Yaqui, I remember counting down too. I picked out Yuki when she was 2 weeks old and put down the deposit, so the wait was HORRIBLE. I kept texting Abby 'Hey Abby only three more weeks! Hey Abby only 20 more days!Ah I want her now!' XD XD
Back to top Go down
Yaqui and the Sibe
Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:52 am

That's a great system! Right now all I have is a Nanuq folder, but I like the idea labeling each by how old he is in the pictures! Brilliant! And I also keep texting my breeder, sometimes I feel bad....Very Happy she says I'm the most involved out of all of the prospective siberian husky parents to be! lol
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:53 am

Mobezilla wrote:
And, Dot and Yaqui, I remember counting down too. I picked out Yuki when she was 2 weeks old and put down the deposit, so the wait was HORRIBLE. I kept texting Abby 'Hey Abby only three more weeks! Hey Abby only 20 more days!Ah I want her now!' XD XD

Yes you did, I was running out of replies. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:56 am

My breeder originally told me that they would send me one set of pictures at about 5 weeks, so I didn't get my hopes up, but I ended up about five pictures every single week! I was at work checking my email and I'd suddenly jump up and run over to the nearest co-worker and go 'LOOK AT MY PUPPY!!!!' It always brightened my day to see her Smile And I kept emailing my breeder back asking how all the pups were doing and if Yuki was very vocal yet xD Annoying as heck - and I still annoy them! Now I post pictures of Yuki on their facebook page Very Happy Still, its nice to know the breeders care about your interest, and even though Its been weeks since I picked up Yuki, there's some comfort in still being in touch and connected with my breeder. They even have a family album on the website of all their litters, its so cute <3 I'm so long-winded today, must be bored Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:57 am

MayaAndSophie wrote:
Mobezilla wrote:

Yes you did, I was running out of replies. Razz

But I LOOOOVE to annoy Abby <3 -runs over to phone to text-
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:58 am

It really does feel like forever..
Luckily I get some of my husky fix from the forums! Was Yuki on the Daily Puppy? haha, I think I saw her? My girl looks just like Yuki, same bi-eyes (right now at least) and mask that goes down on her nose too-even on the same side lol.

It sounds like he will definitely be happy in your home! I'm interested in seeing how he changes- they grow so fast!!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:00 am

Ahhh! Yes she was Dot! And you HAVE to post pictures of your pup, I don't think I've seen her yet. Also, where abouts are you? If you're close enough we'll have to set up a playdate.
Back to top Go down
Yaqui and the Sibe
Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:01 am

I'm so glad to hear that I am not alone! lol!
Every time I get a picture I also share it with my friends and family! They all love him so much. Some of my friends are super excited about him coming home, that they've even offered to "puppy-sit", y'know if you ever have to go out town or anything...hahhahaha they are really irresistible!
Back to top Go down
Yaqui and the Sibe
Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:04 am

It's crazy how much they change, when my puppy was born he was jet black...he has changed so much!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:07 am

Washington state, unfortunately! I would love to set up a play date, I'm looking for some more husky friends in the area! I haven't been part of a forum yet so I've been mostly lurking but I will post a thread in the welcome mat when I get home and show you guys my baby!
Back to top Go down
Yaqui and the Sibe
Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:12 am

Oh I can't wait to see her! I must say I'm sucker for cute puppy pictures!!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:15 am

Yuki will most likely lighten up I saw a picture of her mom as a puppy, IDENTICAL to Yuki. Here are her parents.
Mom Miya next to Yuki at the reunion.
Hello everyone! - Page 2 72po21
Dad Denali
Hello everyone! - Page 2 72cbr6

Like I said her mom looked identical to Yuki as a puppy except for the fact the mom has both blue eyes, so I really think Yuki will lighten up into a grey like her mom but husky coats are so unpredictable!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:16 am

Dot wrote:
Washington state, unfortunately! I would love to set up a play date, I'm looking for some more husky friends in the area! I haven't been part of a forum yet so I've been mostly lurking but I will post a thread in the welcome mat when I get home and show you guys my baby!

Yay can't wait for pics!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:47 am

Mobezilla wrote:
Like I said her mom looked identical to Yuki as a puppy except for the fact the mom has both blue eyes, so I really think Yuki will lighten up into a grey like her mom but husky coats are so unpredictable!

Her parents are beautiful too! I love how their coats change, it's fun to watch!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:51 am

Dot wrote:
Mobezilla wrote:

Her parents are beautiful too! I love how their coats change, it's fun to watch!

Thanks Smile I love her mom, I really hope she looks like her <3
Back to top Go down
Yaqui and the Sibe
Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 am

Well Nanuq is home!! The past day and half have been awesome! Sure he peed on the carpet, and he pooped too! But tonight he went outside! and it was great!!! I'm so happy to have him!! Here's a few pictures of my little puppy!

On our way home!
Hello everyone! - Page 2 Img_2113
Nanuq's new favorite toy Smile
Hello everyone! - Page 2 Img_2115
Just chilling on the grass
Hello everyone! - Page 2 Img_2116
Playing with the grass and leaves
Hello everyone! - Page 2 Img_2210
Cool shadow
Hello everyone! - Page 2 Img_2211
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-