It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Greetings from Canada!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SolitaryHowl
Puppy
Puppy
SolitaryHowl

Female Join date : 2012-10-30

Greetings from Canada! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 1:22 am

Hi everyone. Smile

Let me tell a little about my dog. His name is Suka, and he's 7 years old. I adopted him from the shelter 3 years ago, and I love him to bits! He's neutered but is still a dominant little sh*t!

Greetings from Canada! Because_i__d_rather____by_canuckzd-d4pbgns

I'm still not sure about his actual breed (see https://www.itsahuskything.com/t6808-purebred-or-cross-with-x ), though!

I have tried to get into mushing, but when Suka developed arthritis I abandoned the idea. Sad
He wouldn't be a good sled dog, anyways, he's too stubborn and he doesn't like to pull!

I made a facebook group, called Ontario Siberian Huskies (https://www.facebook.com/groups/261562583949820/), where meet ups with members from Ontario, Canada (most members are concentrated in the southern Ontario region) can be made.

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:34 am

Welcome and kudos to you for rescuing.

Just curious, how long has Suka had the arthritis issue and do you do anything special for it?

Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:21 am

Welcome Suka is a good looking dog.. Thanks for adopting and giving him a great life.
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:23 am

More Canadians!
We are in Montreal and have 2.

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:32 am

Ah another double-forum buddy! Welcome, and as always Suka is gorgeous <3
Back to top Go down
SolitaryHowl
Puppy
Puppy
SolitaryHowl

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks everyone! Smile

Ah, hi Mobezilla! How are things going? Are things calming down?

Huskyluv: Suka's had arthritis since he was 5 years old...so 2 years ago. (It was diagnosed as minor arthritis in his right hip). He has brutal flare-ups once in a blue moon - this past summer he couldn't even get up. Thank goodness I keep a bunch of Deramaxx tablets (very fast acting anti-inflammatory given by my vet) on hand at all times!

He's on joint supplements with MSM and glucosamine (Vermont Naturals: Hip + Joint XL). They seem to be working for him - he has less flare-ups and his day-to-day life seems to be pain free.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:44 am

Yes definitely! I've switched Cloud and Yuki from Blue Buffalo to Taste of the Wild, no more issues, solid stool, and happier pups! After giving Yuki the dewormer and still no worms I'm starting to doubt if my vet even did the test or just took my money for the test and dewormer, soo I've decided to switch vets and get another test done there. Pups are going to the pet sitter today, SO excited! We go there twice a week now on my longest work days and it gives me peace of mind knowing they can run around in a big yard while I work for their dog food Smile Glad to see Suka's doing well, although its funny he hates snow XD I never knew that about him!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 1:35 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:
Huskyluv: Suka's had arthritis since he was 5 years old...so 2 years ago. (It was diagnosed as minor arthritis in his right hip). He has brutal flare-ups once in a blue moon - this past summer he couldn't even get up. Thank goodness I keep a bunch of Deramaxx tablets (very fast acting anti-inflammatory given by my vet) on hand at all times!

He's on joint supplements with MSM and glucosamine (Vermont Naturals: Hip + Joint XL). They seem to be working for him - he has less flare-ups and his day-to-day life seems to be pain free.

Wow, he's so young to have to deal with arthritis, poor boy. Sounds like you are giving similar stuff to what I use for my chi that has joint problems, I give her the Vermont Naturals Hip and Joint supplements too. Glad to hear that you've got it under control as well as you do. Smile

Puppy
Puppy
SolitaryHowl

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
SolitaryHowl wrote:

Wow, he's so young to have to deal with arthritis, poor boy. Sounds like you are giving similar stuff to what I use for my chi that has joint problems, I give her the Vermont Naturals Hip and Joint supplements too. Glad to hear that you've got it under control as well as you do. Smile

I know! Sad And he's costing me so much money, lol!

I suspect the cause of his arthritis is either he was poorly bred and/or he was exercised too much as a puppy which caused damage to his joints.

Other than that, though, he's the perfect first dog I could have ever asked for. He's such a sweetie, in his own non-cuddly way!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Welcome! Suka is gorgeous! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charsmom
Teenager
Teenager
Charsmom

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Welcome! Nice to see another Canadian on the board.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Welcome to the forum. Suka is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:02 am

welcome Suka, another Canadian here Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:26 am

Welcome! Suka is very handsome!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:54 am

Welcome! Thanks for adopting and giving handsome Suka a wonderful home. He looks a lot like my Blaze.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Welcome !!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Canada!   Greetings from Canada! Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Canada!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1