It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

~Greetings from Sacramento~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sua
Newborn
Newborn
Sua

Female Join date : 2012-11-10

~Greetings from Sacramento~ Empty
PostSubject: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Hey there! I love you

This is my boy Artemis. He's a 16 week old husky that I rescued from a neglectful owner. She kept him in a wire crate and hardly ever let him out. When I went to pick him up he was covered from head to toe in his own waste and fleas. I wrapped him up in a blanket and quickly took him back to my home. It's been a couple weeks now and he's getting along great with my two other dogs and people. He really is a great guy and I can't believe that his previous owners didn't see that.
~Greetings from Sacramento~ Dsc03410
~Greetings from Sacramento~ Dsc03511
~Greetings from Sacramento~ Dsc03513
(first time I took him to the dog park)

I decided to make an account on this site to further educate myself on huskys and the people that care about them. All of you seem very kind and helpful. I really hope that we can be friends. Smile

Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Yay! Another Californian! Very Happy Kale and I welcome you from Turlock!

Artemis is such a doll! Can't wait to see more pics and hear mor stories of your little man!

Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Dragula64
Teenager
Teenager
Dragula64

Female Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Hello and welcome! Thanks for rescueing! What a beautiful pup!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:33 pm

What a beautiful baby.. Thanks for rescuing him. look forward to lots of pictures and adventures with him
Back to top Go down
Sua
Newborn
Newborn
Sua

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I love you
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:08 pm

He is beautiful! Smile Welcome to the forum!

What are the breeds of your other two? Smile
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Artemis is a handsome fellow! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sua
Newborn
Newborn
Sua

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:18 pm

UndarthAngipoo wrote:

Thank you!
Not sure about the other two, they're both strays that my family took in.
I can post pictures for you though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Sua wrote:
UndarthAngipoo wrote:

Thank you!
Not sure about the other two, they're both strays that my family took in.
I can post pictures for you though. Very Happy

We'll never say no to pics! Smile And kudos to you and your fam for rescuing those other two as well!
Back to top Go down
Sua
Newborn
Newborn
Sua

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:35 pm

@anastasiya'smom- Thank you kindly! I'm very happy to be apart of such a friendly community. It's very clear to me that all of you really care for your pets.

@UndarthAngipoo-
This is Lucky. We've had him for 6 years. I think that his previous owners abused him or something because he's really shy and timid. It took him a very long time to warm up to me and my family. Towards Artemis he acts like a big brother. I'm really shocked about how well they get along.
~Greetings from Sacramento~ Dsc01110

Here's Special. My grandfather found him lying on the side of the road after being hit by a car. He nursed Special back to health and they here best friends until my grandfather passed. We took Special in after that. He's been with us for 11 years. Smile
~Greetings from Sacramento~ 2mo86zt
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:39 pm

They are adorable! Your family is very special to take in these dogs and nurse them back to health!
Back to top Go down
Sua
Newborn
Newborn
Sua

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:42 pm

anastasiya'smom wrote:
They are adorable! Your family is very special to take in these dogs and nurse them back to health!

I'm glad you think so. Smile
Lots of animals out there that need homes and help. I'm very fortunate to be raised in a household that adores (and is in the position) to help animals.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Welcome! He's just too adorable! How could somebody treat him so badly?! Some people just have no heart! I'm so glad that he's with you and your family now Smile

Sua wrote:
anastasiya'smom wrote:

I'm glad you think so. Smile
Lots of animals out there that need homes and help. I'm very fortunate to be raised in a household that adores (and is in the position) to help animals.

My parents are HUGE dog/animal lovers. I too am so greatful for that. I was raised with 4-5 dogs at all times. I wonder why I have 3 now? LOL!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:00 am

Welcome! I love his bi-eyes! Your other two are adorable as well!
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:08 am

That's amazing for your family to be so involved in rescuing like that. Kudos to you guys - seems like Artemis will fit in perfectly! I love that the timid one is acting like a big brother! Smile
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:44 am

Welcome! What a beautiful pup you have. Special reminds me of teddy our toy Australian shepherd we had for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sua
Newborn
Newborn
Sua

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:50 am

@MelissaI- That is very awesome! ^^ Your parents seem awesome. Very Happy

@26nikita- Thank you so much! <3 That's very kind of you to say.

@UndarthAngipoo- Hee hee it is quite a character change in Lucky but i'm happy that he's opening up to others. C:
By the way, I really like the quote in your signature. I find that to be very true. XD

@MayaAndSophie- Ah thank you. :> I have yet to seen a toy Aussie but I'll do some research on the breed and ask my vet about it. Who knows, Special might be one. :O
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:03 am

Idk if a toy Aussie is actually a breed. We got him from the mall (horrible place to get a dog), my mom wanted a lap dog Rolling Eyes My girls are enough of a lap dog for me. Very Happy They sell weird designer dogs there, the names get more and more strange the every time I go. But if you research it I think you could get the general idea of what they're mixed with. Teddy didn't look much like the pictures of toy Aussies I saw.
Back to top Go down
Sua
Newborn
Newborn
Sua

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:20 am

MayaAndSophie wrote:
Idk if a toy Aussie is actually a breed. We got him from the mall (horrible place to get a dog), my mom wanted a lap dog Rolling Eyes My girls are enough of a lap dog for me. Very Happy They sell weird designer dogs there, the names get more and more strange the every time I go. But if you research it I think you could get the general idea of what they're mixed with. Teddy didn't look much like the pictures of toy Aussies I saw.
Oh my! They sell dogs in the mall now? O__O That is news to me. XD For sure I'll do some research on it. Thank you so much for your help. <3

Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:23 am

Sua wrote:
MayaAndSophie wrote:
Oh my! They sell dogs in the mall now? O__O That is news to me. XD For sure I'll do some research on it. Thank you so much for your help. <3

Hey Abby, I actually saw a toy aussie at the dog park the other day xD It was 9 months old and about Cloud's size.
And yes, they sell dogs at the mall here in Ohio. I got my American Eskimo from that place, and although I kind of regret where I got him, I don't regret giving him the great home he deserves.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:26 am

Sua wrote:
MayaAndSophie wrote:

No problem Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler
Puppy
Puppy
DarkWolfProwler

Female Join date : 2012-11-18

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 am

What a cutie! I hope maybe we will meet when I come back to the states in February. My dad lives in Citrus Heights!
Back to top Go down
Sua
Newborn
Newborn
Sua

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 pm

DarkWolfProwler wrote:
What a cutie! I hope maybe we will meet when I come back to the states in February. My dad lives in Citrus Heights!
That would be awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yulia86
Puppy
Puppy
yulia86

Female Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:41 pm

The are all very nice and sweet, of course i love Artemis the most, but don't tell Lucky and Special Laughing
Back to top Go down
theredofshaw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:17 pm

welcome from a sacramento native!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Greetings from Sacramento~   ~Greetings from Sacramento~ Empty

Back to top Go down

~Greetings from Sacramento~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next