It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

[UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AndrewBk
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-11-16

[UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL Empty
PostSubject: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi, I really hope it's okay that I'm doing this. Last Saturday I went to the Chicago City Animal Care & Control (CACC) center, which also serves as the city's pound and shelter, and met a beautiful red Siberian girl they were calling Nikki. She's three years old and knows sit and shake, and she came to sit in front of me when I called sternly.

Here are some photos that CACC posted on facebook:

[UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL 530971_291096744335195_799340780_n[UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL 387859_291096841001852_2077889563_n

There are conflicting reports about whether or not CACC euthanizes animals that have been on the adoption floor too long. Some say about a week - some say the animals that you see are NEVER euthanized, which is a claim I don't put much stake in. Nikki has been there since November 9, and I asked yesterday and they said she was still there. I've been very worried about her, but I'm not at all a good candidate for rescuing or adopting her, for several reasons:

I have never owned or rescued siberians or any other arctic breed before, and I do not have the experience or the physical capacity to keep one (big yard, but a four foot picket fence? Ha!). I also have cats.

I realize that resources to rescue sibes are extremely limited, but if anybody has any ability to help, that would be amazing. If someone has the resources to house her long-term, I could pull her from the shelter and transport her there, so long as it's within a four hour drive of Chicago (but that's negotiable - I could go farther if necessary). I really do not want to hear about this beautiful girl having to be euthanized, so any help at all would be extremely appreciated!

Last edited by AndrewBk on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:34 pm

I would be interested in housing her. I love the reds. Do you know how much her fee is? Do they have any more info on her?
Back to top Go down
AndrewBk
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Her fee is $65, which can be paid by credit or debit card (or cash obviously). The only other thing I know about her is that they picked her up as a stray, so I'm assuming she's an escape artist.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Haha, they all are, well my male Steve isn't that good, the girls make a hole and he can't fit. PM sent
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 4:51 pm

I wish she was closer! My boyfriend is looking for a red Smile Good luck Kevin!
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:36 pm

I wish we were in a better position to take on a second. I'd snatch her up in a second.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Kevin I hope you can help!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Keep us posted, Kevin!

[UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL Hailey10
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Will do, Andrew is on his was to get Nikki as we speak and then he will call and let me know. If he gets her, we have it planned to have her arrive here tomorrow to meet her family.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Are you going to keep her or just foster her?

Sounds awesome!

[UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL Hailey10
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Aw she is a beauty,.. I would love to have her if our limit is was more than two.

Kevin are you adding to your family again..??
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Awesome!!!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 6:00 am

I might be adding. I will no more today around noon when they go to see. AndrewBK went to go get Nikki today and pull her, but she was informed that there is an application already in process for NIkki. She was informed that they were to come back later that day to get her. So she is going back tomorrow tomorrow, well today, but I work nights and haven't slept yet so its still friday for me at least. I will actually be meeting another husky named Mojo saturday at a rescue where I will be working around there to help out. So my day could be double red day!! I have worked with this rescue all that I can, they are such a great group of people too. So If Nikki goes with AndrewBK, then she is bringing her down asap, so I gave her my number to call me to let me know the status and I will then drive back home to meet up with her and Nikki with my furkids.

Thanks goes to AndrewKB, I don't know her name yet, we were so busy on communication of yes get the dog, our emails didn't say what our names were...lol.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Well I got a text, Nikki has already been adopted after all. I want to thank AndrewBK for her help with this one even though we didn't accomplish our goal, we did see that Nikki's goal was fulfilled and she is in her new home!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 6:34 pm

The goal was accomplished and that was the important thing.
Back to top Go down
AndrewBk
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:01 pm

It's true! Nikki was adopted from the shelter sometime yesterday. It's been a crazy couple of days, but I'm just really glad she got a home. Here's hoping it's a good one, that lasts forever.

Thank you all so much for your enthusiastic response to Nikki's situation, and especially Kevin for his generous offer to house Nikki. You've got an amazing community here, one which I hope to be part of someday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL   [UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL Empty

Back to top Go down

[UPDATE: Resolved] Emergency - Red Sibe in High-Kill Shelter - Chicago IL

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1