It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Gage- New pack member

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

Female Join date : 2011-08-29

Gage- New pack member Empty
PostSubject: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 pm

We brought home a new husky today!!! One of my husband's coworkers had adopted this 1 year old dog (then named Avalanche) because he "looked like a wolf" Rolling Eyes From the city shelter, which has a HUGE kill rate. Three days later, he and his wife decided they wanted a different puppy they saw at the shelter......and brought Havok back to the shelter and dumped him there, claiming Havok had snapped at him and his wife....Being an owner surrender, and the fact that they were told he had snapped at someone, his chances were pretty grim. It took some finagling, but we convinced the shelter to let us adopt him, and so fat, things are great! He is pretty skinny, but he has got along great with the boys s far, and surprisingly is not food aggressive with us (we haven't tested it with the other dogs yet). I will take a few pics and post them later tonight if I don't forget lol.

Last edited by capblossoms on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Shocked They really did that? Man... Well good thing you rescued him! Looking forward to pictures! And congratulations on your new boy.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Congrats on the new addition!cant wait to see pictures!

So sad he was dumped off like that, but at least he now as a great forever home with your family Smile
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

Female Join date : 2012-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Congrat, I know they your friends I still don't agree with what they did Sad
You better show pictures tongue
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Pics!
Gage- New pack member 2012-11-20_18-51-33_112

Gage- New pack member 2012-11-20_18-51-26_395

Gage- New pack member 2012-11-20_18-50-16_925

Gage- New pack member 2012-11-20_18-39-28_546

He's pretty thin, poor guy.
Gage- New pack member 2012-11-20_18-40-06_800

Gage- New pack member 2012-11-20_18-40-25_350
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Congrats on the addition! Poor guy was thrown away! Glad you got to save him though! He is handsome just needs some weight!

Last edited by anastasiya'smom on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

Female Join date : 2012-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Do you know how much weight because he does look skinny Shocked
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Poor boy! He does look SUPER skinny. I'm sure in your care he'll pack on the weight soon enough. Hate to hear when people think they can just throw away a dog. It's so sad. But in this case I know he'll be much better off, and well taken care of! Congrats on the addition. Smile
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:44 pm

congrats on saving him.. I am sure you will get him to healthy weight soon.. I Hope things work out with youother pups and him.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:07 am

Congrats! He has a really sweet face.

Pippa looked about like that when I first got her, but she's finally up to a healthy weight! I'm sure you'll have him looking great in no time!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:43 am

Thank you for saving him! OMG - can't believe what terrible people those people are, I'm so glad you saved him!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:43 am

Congrats on saving him, with that story they told, its amazing you save him. Kudos for that. You will get the weight back on in no time. He looks alot like my Sophie in the face, markings are pretty similar
Back to top Go down
yulia86
Puppy
Puppy
yulia86

Female Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:11 am

what type of heartless ppl are they? I think those ppl don't deserve a dog at all, ever. Sad
Good you found out and now you have a cute little sweetheart as an addition to your beautiful pack.
Smile
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:18 pm

After thinking about it overnight, and actually getting to see some of his personality, we have decided to rename him Gage. He has been such a sweetheart so far! No fights with the boys, he is a wicked cuddle bug with me (less so my husband, we think he might be somewhat leery of men) and he wants to play with the boys practically 24/7. And he is fast becoming a huge fan of the backyard lol!
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Hes very cute. It made me happy reading this. I had a coworker return a puppy to the shelter after 2 days because it quote " chewed stuff". Its sad people just discard an animal. Glad hes got a good home now
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 am

Good on you for taking in such a handsome boy. He's adorable if a little thin. But that can be fixed!! The damage that could've been done because the shelter was told he snapped...you have some awesome powers of negotiation!!!
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 am

He will warm up to your hubby, don't worry. Ripley is leery of men as well, but she loves Chris now, and some of the men at the dog park can pet her now. She licked one the other day and we were picking our jaws up off the floor. Some men she will still stay away from, she hid behind me on a walk once, but progress happens! Just give him a few weeks to get used to everything
Good luck with Gage, and good for you for helping.
Back to top Go down
capblossoms
Teenager
Teenager
capblossoms

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:14 am

Just a couple of new pics. He's looking and acting much better!!!

Gage- New pack member 2012-12-05_00-41-03_953

Gage- New pack member 2012-12-05_00-41-18_140

Gage- New pack member 2012-12-05_00-47-34_673

The three amigos!
Gage- New pack member Edit

Gage- New pack member 2012-12-05_00-45-58_699

Gage- New pack member 2012-12-05_00-47-59_389

Gage- New pack member 2012-12-05_00-48-01_302
Back to top Go down
miro333
Newborn
Newborn
miro333

Male Join date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:20 am

Awsome transformation. He look healty now, like a real happy dog!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gage- New pack member   Gage- New pack member Empty

Back to top Go down

Gage- New pack member

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1