It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
serendipity3043
Newborn
Newborn
serendipity3043

Female Join date : 2012-07-09

7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents... Empty
PostSubject: 7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents...   7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Meika is 7.5 months old now. We are still dealing with pee accidents. It's never in the same spot so it's not like she smells it goes back there. And, most of the time she is like walking and peeing. The spot is loooooong, like in the kitchen or dining room. Sometimes she does dribble in the living room. We've finally got her completely trained with pooping so that's not a problem. (Knock on wood.)
Most of the time we know she's done something because she will just go get in her crate. That's what prompts us to start looking. It's driving me crazy. It's like she still doesn't have complete bladder control yet.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to help her along?
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: 7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents...   7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:01 pm

My girl is almost 8 months and still has accidents every now and then. Especially in the morning! We have a routine at my house, which is kinda funny. Since Nicky sleeps in my room, I yell downstairs "ready? I'm letting Nicky out" and my mom will be waiting at the back door to let her out immediately or else she will have an accident. I'm hoping she will grow out of this, which I'm sure she will. I wouldn't worry about accidents as of this moment, it happens Smile

If its really often I would have her checked for an uti

Last edited by Hayden_69 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents...   7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Does she pee a lot when you take her outside and how often does she do it? Not trying to scare you but if she is peeing like that even outside it sounds like when Anna had bladder crystals. Anna knew she was doing something wrong just couldn't control it. She would pee little tiny spots on the floor and when I took her potty it was just little puddles. And I had to take her every 30 minutes. I would have her checked out by a vet but that is just me.

But she could just be having a problem with the potty training. Anna wasn't fully potty trained till about 6 months but we had the minor setback mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: 7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents...   7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm

You may want to consult your vet and make sure she doesn't have a UTI, I know the time it takes for pups to be fully house trained varies but I feel that if you've been consistent with training that she shouldn't still be having accidents.
Back to top Go down
serendipity3043
Newborn
Newborn
serendipity3043

Female Join date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: 7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents...   7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:46 am

When we take her outside she will squat and pee sometimes up to 4 or 5 times. She will also go out multiple times within a 30 minute window.
Hmmm...I had her checked for a UTI a few months ago because she was peeing 3 or 4 times when going out, but the vet said it wasn't a UTI, she just had a "weak" bladder. But, that was when she was around 14 weeks.
I don't want to waste money (it's $35 just for the test) but I don't want her to be suffering either. So, now I'm really torn... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: 7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents...   7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:59 am

You can try cranberry supplements, that is what we do with Ares. He always has urinary issues and walks and pees. I have no idea what it is. He is always drinking and walks and pees at least 1-2 times a week and he's 10 months now.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: 7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents...   7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Hmmm... I agree with the others. I would get it checked by a vet. It could be a UTI or bladder crystals like what Anna said. BUT...

I totally understand you not wanting to go to the vet to find out everything is normal - every time I go it's at least $55 just for walking in. I'm paying for full-time college and working minimum wage (yes, it's possible!). I'm thinking about getting this thing called "Pet Assure". It's a ~$10/month membership that gets you 25% off a vet visit, no matter what (wellness, accident, spay, etc). Check it out: http://www.petassure.com/.

If you want to hold off the vet, I would do what Jennet said with the cranberry supplements. You can probably find those on Amazon or something.

For what it's worth, I've had Juneau since 7 1/2 weeks old. By age 8-9 weeks she knew better than to pee in the house, but still had accidents. By week 10 she learned to go to the door and knock against the slate blinds (to make a noise) to be let out. She doesn't bark, which is odd. At 3 1/2 months, she would only have 1 or two accidents a week. By ~4 1/2 months she was completely potty trained. At 7 months, I can totally trust her with free range and she doesn't have any accidents. Some dogs learn faster than others, but at 7 1/2 months I would expect for your pup to normally be able to hold pee for at least 1-2 hrs before wanting back out. Just my .02. Smile
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: 7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents...   7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Lola at 10 months there was a fifty percent chance she would pee in her crate if left for two hours. I did the uti test and it was negative. The vet said she might have a weak bladder and she recommended that she take the drug Proin for a month. She can now hold it for four hours. We are going to take off the Proin next week to see if her bladder is better. If she reverts to having accidents, she will have to go back on the drug. A two month supply is $18.
Back to top Go down
Petra13
Newborn
Newborn
Petra13

Male Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: 7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents...   7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 5:08 pm

they need to pee after a meal and after a nap , also in every 2-3 hours when they are puppies and also after a game . That how is mine . If i miss one of these she goes and pee Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents...   7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents... Empty

Back to top Go down

7.5 Months old and still having pee accidents...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1