It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New member cannot decide how to post photos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rotorhead
Newborn
Newborn
Rotorhead

Male Join date : 2012-11-26

New member cannot decide how to post photos Empty
PostSubject: New member cannot decide how to post photos   New member cannot decide how to post photos EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:16 am

I am a new member and cannot figure out how to post a photo of "my daughter" Karly. I have Windows 7 and 64 Bit Google, if that affects anything.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: New member cannot decide how to post photos   New member cannot decide how to post photos EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:24 am

Welcome! Posting pictures can be a bit tricky here on the site, and I do know members have had issues using Internet Explorer on here (it doesn't work well for me at work). Check out our sticky on posting pictures, but basically the gist is to use a photo hosting site (I use photobucket) and pasting the image links into the text box under the image button. That button is center, just above this text box.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

New member cannot decide how to post photos 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: New member cannot decide how to post photos   New member cannot decide how to post photos EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 am

I use imgur, and it gives you the correct formatting for message boards (as well as other format options) ready to copy/paste it. For imgur you don't have to click the picture botton above, just grab the code they give you right off the site.
It's also helpful if you want to resize the picture to message board size, as you can do this when you're uploading the file. I also set my albums to private, which is nice too.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: New member cannot decide how to post photos   New member cannot decide how to post photos EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:32 am

Also if you are using Internet Explorer, you may not see all of the image-hosting icons above your text box in an original post on a thread. Reply to that post and all of the icons will be available!

There are other problems with IE and this forum, so I just use Firefox or Chrome. Cool

Welcome! Can't wait to see those pics!
Back to top Go down
Rotorhead
Newborn
Newborn
Rotorhead

PostSubject: Re: New member cannot decide how to post photos   New member cannot decide how to post photos EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:33 pm

What is interesting is that the reply box has icons for posting an image, but if you start a new thread as I did originally there are no such icons over the dialog box.

I don't use image hosting sites. I don't trust people not to abuse them. There is no way to post a photo off my desktop?
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: New member cannot decide how to post photos   New member cannot decide how to post photos EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:37 pm

I've only ever used Tiny Pic. Hasn't been a problem for me but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Rotorhead
Newborn
Newborn
Rotorhead

PostSubject: Re: New member cannot decide how to post photos   New member cannot decide how to post photos EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:42 pm

I just tried uploading a photo from my desktop for an avatar and that effort apparently failed too. i do this on other sites with no problem but here I look dumber than my doggie!
Back to top Go down
Rotorhead
Newborn
Newborn
Rotorhead

PostSubject: Re: New member cannot decide how to post photos   New member cannot decide how to post photos EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:57 pm

What I can tell you about Karly is she was given me by a neighbor at age 3 1/2. I first encountered here while taking my evening exercise walk. She was pregnant with six pups, and did not like men period, but something about her face....sigh. I wanted her to be my friend. Weird that a human would find it important that some strange dog liked him. Anyway, she would come up to me if I turned my back, but never to my face. As soon as I approached her she would back away and bark. But if I turned my back, she would come up and sniff, then run away as fast as her pregnant body allowed.

When she had her pups, four survived, one was stillborn and a sixth died during birth. I started playing with her pups almost daily on my walks, and one time she came up, and used her strong nose to lift my arm up and gain my attention. Now, suddenly, I could pet her freely. Dogs are funny creatures, and I had never had a pet to this point in my life (age 53, almost 54).

Over a long 4th of July weekend their owners asked a family member to watch Karly and two of the pups, (two others given away) while they went boating nearby. The family member failed and the dogs got loose. They ended up in the local shelter but the shelter wanted $458 to return them. They were not registered or fixed, and the pound wouldn't turn them over without fixing them. So I stepped in to bail them out of jail, but even after calling the pound to tell them what I was going to do, they adopted them out after having them only 4 days. I was irate. I mean, really mad. I saw Karly and her male pup Kaden, and cried.
Next day I wrote a letter to the local paper pleading with whomever was taking these two dogs to give them back to their family. The letter worked. A few days later, after both were fixed, I paid their extortion and helped the owner take them back home. The cop working at the pound told me my article made them "look bad" and they received many angry phone calls. Heh, heh, heh, served them right!
So a month went by and the owner saw that Karly had now bonded with me, so she aked me if I wanted her. Holy cow! I didn't know up from down about dogs, other than I liked to pet them and play catch. So I got smart (sort of) as fast as I could, tried to dog-proof the yard and started taking Karly with me on my walks. She was the runt of the litter, was only 39 lbs when pregnant and 34 afterwards (she was too skinny, now she is 41 lbs and perfect) but regardless of her smallish size she is a puller! Nonethelss, a month later she came home. It took a while for us to adjust to each other, and she chewed through the fence once and ran back to her first home, but not since. My fiancee started calling her "my daughter" and that has stuck, so feel free to use the term. She is my daughter now. I added a middle name as well, Ann. Karly Ann.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New member cannot decide how to post photos   New member cannot decide how to post photos EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Welcome! im not sure why the upload from the desktop is not working for you on the avatar, unless the pic is to large, but it should resize it self. as for posting pictures in your first post you can go back and edit it and add the pics from your desk top then. there is the icon on the top with the pic and disk is the button to use to upload from your desktop. it would be great if you can start a new thread with your story in it and not under the photo issue as it will get skipped over

PostSubject: Re: New member cannot decide how to post photos   New member cannot decide how to post photos Empty

Back to top Go down

New member cannot decide how to post photos

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1