It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:08 am

zizzuki wrote:
Niraya wrote:
Red's who are in the sun have their coat get "sunburnt" or "bleached". Red coated dogs are hard to care for in that way because even longer than 15 minutes in the sun a day can start the bleaching.

Oh. Well no her coats always been this color since she was a pup. Its never been a true red. At a show i went to I spoke to breeders about it and they all agreed shed be considered a red sable, but simply just red.

That's interesting as I would not call her a sable - as sables have dark pigments as opposed to liver. Time to do more research (since I haven't gotten to pigment colors and correlation in my genetics research yet)!

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

Female Join date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:26 am

Niraya wrote:
zizzuki wrote:
Niraya wrote:
Red's who are in the sun have their coat get "sunburnt" or "bleached". Red coated dogs are hard to care for in that way because even longer than 15 minutes in the sun a day can start the bleaching.

Oh. Well no her coats always been this color since she was a pup. Its never been a true red. At a show i went to I spoke to breeders about it and they all agreed shed be considered a red sable, but simply just red.

That's interesting as I would not call her a sable - as sables have dark pigments as opposed to liver. Time to do more research (since I haven't gotten to pigment colors and correlation in my genetics research yet)!

yeah when her coat first started changing i did a lot of research, but i seriously could not find a name for it anywhere. but i did find others with her same color. in person she looks like she has gray hairs mixed in.
Back to top Go down
Whosker
Newborn
Newborn
Whosker

Female Join date : 2012-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:26 am

Niraya wrote:
zizzuki wrote:
Niraya wrote:

Dilute red ...?
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

Niraya wrote:
zizzuki wrote:
Niraya wrote:

Yeah Sables Tend to have the black noses.

She could be a very dilute copper. Tika resembles that when bleached in the summer months too. Teek has a saddle though.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Img_6810

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Img_3810

Best I can find this instant of her colors.

Kelly and I will try and get a stack of both ours tomorrow to join in Razz

~Chris~

Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:37 am

well i got zizzy at 8 weeks in february, and within 2 weeks her coat changed instantly to this color. and she was never outside too long. especially it being february. so its not the sun causing it lol.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:41 am

"All brown or liver dogs always have brown nose leather, eye rims and pads. Likewise all black dogs always have black nose leather, eye rims and pads. It is only the reddish/yellowish/cream/white dogs that have nose color different from their coat color."
Quoted from one of my studies.

By the statement and according to her pigments - she's a "brown or liver" but in Siberian's they are called reds (because we don't have browns/livers such as what you would see in the Vizsla or the Labrador)

In other words if you REALLY wanted to know you could DNA test her.

Actually - If you don't mind letting me use the pictures you have posted here of her I can ask some people I know who are much more knowledgeable in genetics than my guesstimating to maybe give you an idea.

Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:02 am

Lol go ahead and use her pics, as long as you tell me what they say!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:03 am

zizzuki wrote:

No! I will not! I'm going to keep the information all to myself!! :3

Just kidding Smile

Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:02 am

Megan, thanks so much for starting this thread. Cato is gorgeous. And thanks to all who have contributed - it's fascinating! And so hard to think of 'faults' when all your dogs are beautiful. I am going to come back and read through it again properly tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:14 am

Jess, Zoey and Zizzy are the same color, her breeder has her listed as Sable, but she's light red Smile
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:19 am

My female is sable. Delilah has grey and red guard hairs, but her entered undercoat is a beige buff color and she has red all the way through her coat. Its not just buffing and burning. Very few dogs are true sables. For a while I thought she was wolf grey. I had three.of the really prominent Siberian breeders i'm Michigan educate me on this lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 am

Hmm is it possible to tell any faults at 4 months or should it wait until a year? I want to get into puppy shows soon (more for experience for myself) and kinda wanna know what her faults are before I derp into the ring xD
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:15 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
My female is sable. Delilah has grey and red guard hairs, but her entered undercoat is a beige buff color and she has red all the way through her coat. Its not just buffing and burning. Very few dogs are true sables. For a while I thought she was wolf grey. I had three.of the really prominent Siberian breeders i'm Michigan educate me on this lol

thats exactly how zizzy is in person! her undercoat is an off whitish under her red and she has the grey hairs mixed in with the red lol. her mom is registered as a sable.
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Jess, Zoey and Zizzy are the same color, her breeder has her listed as Sable, but she's light red Smile

lol zizzys just registered as red & white. but both zizzy and zoey were like a light cream red color as youngsters and then changed completely!
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Here are our examples of both decent breeding and very poor breeding.

Tika was taken from a champion Canadian breeder. Mother from Kortar Kennels, father from Innisfree.
Her Stack
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Img_3910
Her profile
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Img_3911
Face
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Img_3912
From above
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Img_3913

Now for Ripley, very poor breeding, mixed with Chow Chow and probably something else too.
Her stack, you can see the Chow tail very well
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Img_3914

Her back legs in particular are really bad
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Img_3915

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Img_3916

Face
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Img_3917

View from the top, you can see her Half Mask very well.
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Img_3918

Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:58 pm

heres zizzy free stacking it yesterday. her front legs are stretched out too far. Razz and she needs a bath....badly lol. Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 05810
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 5513772820_fcb7b2cd12_z

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 5513178135_99014ee62f

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 5751659818_2057dc543c

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 6680163935_60fd1c9a5c

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 7082401705_91a539c28d

The last pic she's kind of free stacked a bit weird... But I would say I like her stop and head but she's too leggy and straight?

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:35 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 5513772820_fcb7b2cd12_z

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 5513178135_99014ee62f

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 5751659818_2057dc543c

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 6680163935_60fd1c9a5c

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 7082401705_91a539c28d

The last pic she's kind of free stacked a bit weird... But I would say I like her stop and head but she's too leggy and straight?

i dont think shes too leggy. she looks a lot like a friends of mines dog she shows.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:30 pm

The main thing I notice about Cheyenne is her front. It's very straight-looking. I would have to feel her to really know more. feel her angles? Are they according to standard? She's not too leggy really, its just her angles. Her back legs are underangled. She could use more rounding.

For those who don't know terminology, here is an awesome pic.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Standard
Back to top Go down
tiffany
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:33 pm

All 3 of my boys would be laughed out of the ring lol Izzy wouldn't even want to go in a ring . i will say they all have nice movement and once in harness, they can run forever.

Koozie would have the best shot i think. although his coat is always crappy no matter what and he has missing teeth.
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 20110107_606
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 20110107_540
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 20110107_500

Keno is on the small side, his coat is nowhere near show quality and he has missing toes and zrd so he has flare ups and his tail is just whispy thing.
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 20110107_470
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 373
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 005
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 033

Klutch is still growing, but he might end up on the larger side of the standard. he also seems to have a short tail.
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 062
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 025
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 021

Izzy, she'd want to eat any female dog she got near lol
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 311
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 001
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 pm

tiffany wrote:
All 3 of my boys would be laughed out of the ring lol Izzy wouldn't even want to go in a ring . i will say they all have nice movement and once in harness, they can run forever.

Koozie would have the best shot i think. although his coat is always crappy no matter what and he has missing teeth.
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 20110107_606
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 20110107_540
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 20110107_500

Keno is on the small side, his coat is nowhere near show quality and he has missing toes and zrd so he has flare ups and his tail is just whispy thing.
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 20110107_470
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 373
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 005
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 033

Klutch is still growing, but he might end up on the larger side of the standard. he also seems to have a short tail.
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 062
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 025
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 021

Izzy, she'd want to eat any female dog she got near lol
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 311
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 001

oh my all of your dogs are so beautiful! izzy and koozie are definitely my favorites of them i must admit.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Some more pics of Cato I made him stnad still - ignore the mess. hahaha

This isn't great but it is a pic of front

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Photoon12-2-12at446PM

Rear
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Photoon12-2-12at446PM2

Free Stack!
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Photoon12-2-12at445PM2

HE was not being compliant - my freaking brother decided to come in at that exact moment

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Photoon12-2-12at447PM
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:18 pm

zizzuki wrote:

So what I've been told is (from the pictures) she's a red. With no obvious black in the coat (from looking at the pictures) and since her points are liver (with no noticeable black in the coat) she's a red - though she's an "unusual shade of red"

Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Megan, thank you for posting the drawing. I've been around more show horses than dogs. Been looking at Lola compared to the breed standard. I will have to post photos and see if you all see what I see.
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:15 am

Niraya wrote:
zizzuki wrote:

So what I've been told is (from the pictures) she's a red. With no obvious black in the coat (from looking at the pictures) and since her points are liver (with no noticeable black in the coat) she's a red - though she's an "unusual shade of red"

Lol tomorrow i'll get some close ups of her fur and under coat. She is quite unusual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next