It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
erikaeasy
Newborn
Newborn
erikaeasy

Male Join date : 2013-04-16

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:18 am

Hello, meet Spock, he is approaching 7 month. And I'd very much like to hear what do you think of him.
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 ClnC8XH
It happened that all other non-dopey photos I have of him are from instagram, so sorry for that.
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 TXTWbDi

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 UHpBc9r

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 W6nvvXA

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 QVTo3x7

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 Al7XiyT

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 R358WhL
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:08 am

I like spocks head quite a bit, it's hard for me to comment on the body because no shot was really dead on and in decent lighting. Front seems nice.

Where is he from?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:11 am

Dizzy looks nice- I'm anxious to see him grow up.

Anya is a cutie. The ears may very well even out, give her time to grow into her head. Cato has a more prominent stop now, he didn't have a prominent one but his face is filling out.
Back to top Go down
erikaeasy
Newborn
Newborn
erikaeasy

Male Join date : 2013-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:56 am

mheath0429 wrote:
I like spocks head quite a bit, it's hard for me to comment on the body because no shot was really dead on and in decent lighting. Front seems nice.

Where is he from?

Ok, I'll do a better picture Smile

Here's his pedigree
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:36 pm

Sorry for the clutter in the back! But, I was wondering what you all think of Bane's conformation? Thanks in advance!

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 Ae8ee8ad-2cbb-424b-a85f-4d4eeee7d2de_zps657326a6
Back to top Go down
Convenant
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Is my husky real/good looking/properly featured?   Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:50 am

Hi,

My husky is 14 weeks old, and I'd like to know if her features are correct. Below is a few photos of my husky! Thank you in advance.

https://2img.net/h/oi39.tinypic.com/30tt95l.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/839/may28th2013773.jpg/

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/196/may28th2013768.jpg/

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/580/may28th2013767.jpg/

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/198/may28th2013775.JPG/

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/541/may28th2013777.jpg/

Thanks so much Smile if you need clearer pictures let me know.
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 1:48 pm

I think it would help if you had a picture of her standing, maybe one of her walking as well...
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 5:20 pm

Once they pass 8 weeks it gets really hard to give a good evaluation until they balance out again. Her eyes are way too round and non-oblique. Ears are very oversized but that could be her age. She has no stop which is a fault as well.

Last edited by HuskyMom09 on Thu May 30, 2013 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Bane wrote:
Sorry for the clutter in the back! But, I was wondering what you all think of Bane's conformation? Thanks in advance!

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 Ae8ee8ad-2cbb-424b-a85f-4d4eeee7d2de_zps657326a6

Bane I don't feel comfortable assessing until he is older - Puppies are really hard and it's ver difficult to tell. I will say this though, his tail looks very short, but it could just be the picture.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 12:32 am

He was definite wagging his tag in this picture haha I will take a picture of him again in a few weeks then. He also has a white tip on his tail that blends into most backgrounds. But! A picture in a few weeks and we can go from there then (: Thank you
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 12:39 am

Yup! Smile
Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 Luciferstacksmall_zpsbc4804da

i wanted a just for fun Eval on Lucis conformation. We arn't planning on showing =3

Last edited by Emily.Laiche on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:45 pm

I'm curious as to what you guys think of Kay, i think she's a little closer to standard then my other two. Razz I'm definitely wanting to do agility with her, i think she'll be great at it! Here are some pictures.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 993782_495882283815653_1108373443_n

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 1003711_497871416950073_1860444450_n

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 1000424_497872923616589_1226214745_n

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 1011886_497871560283392_1971150427_n

I have some video's of all three gaiting (me trying to get them to) that i'll post once i get them uploaded.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:51 pm

I think she's just gorgeous! I love her ears when she is focusing on something. Her eyes might be a little too round but I'm no expert on the subject.

Its too bad dark colored Sibes aren't trendy enough to do well in the show ring. Maybe next decade the look will come back into popularity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:57 pm

eddycaaa wrote:
I think she's just gorgeous! I love her ears when she is focusing on something. Her eyes might be a little too round but I'm no expert on the subject.

Its too bad dark colored Sibes aren't trendy enough to do well in the show ring. Maybe next decade the look will come back into popularity.

I love her ears the most. I love you I do think her eyes are too round.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Kay.

Maya.

Sophie.

Also when i take the girls out on the scooter Sophie will run for a bit but then stops running and ends up being dragged. I'm not sure if she just needs more practice or if she's not cut out for pulling?
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Dark (read: black/white) Siberian's do very well in the ring.  Maybe they are not as popular as they once were in the 80's/90's..but they still very much do well and are out there.

My friends Black and white bitch just book her first best of breed for a five point major this past Sunday.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Niraya wrote:
Dark (read: black/white) Siberian's do very well in the ring.  Maybe they are not as popular as they once were in the 80's/90's..but they still very much do well and are out there.

My friends Black and white bitch just book her first best of breed for a five point major this past Sunday.

Oh nice! That hasn't been the case in my experience but I've only been to one Siberian Speciality. It was mostly the dilute reds/black that were taking home the ribbons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:23 pm

The solid colors are very rarely ever seen in the ring - most black/red and whites are dilutes. Which is what I'm talking about. The conformation ring favors gray/whites, red/whites and black/whites - all diluted.

I didn't know you were talking about the solid colors/jet blacks.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 2:30 pm

MayaAndSophie wrote:
I'm curious as to what you guys think of Kay, i think she's a little closer to standard then my other two. :PI'm definitely wanting to do agility with her, i think she'll be great at it! Here are some pictures.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 993782_495882283815653_1108373443_n

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 1003711_497871416950073_1860444450_n

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 1000424_497872923616589_1226214745_n

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 1011886_497871560283392_1971150427_n

I have some video's of all three gaiting (me trying to get them to) that i'll post once i get them uploaded.

No idea on conformation Abby, hopefully someone else can comment..
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:58 am

Hi everyone, If anyone has a spare moment I would love some opinions on my boy Orion - I have very little idea about what makes a "quality" sibe in regards to technical breed standard but I am very interested in learning all I can! Apologies for the shocking photo quality Orion was not interested in co-operating with the camera Smile

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 P6240010

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 P6250111

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 P6240011

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 P6240012
Back to top Go down
Tammara.Lanham18
Newborn
Newborn
Tammara.Lanham18

Female Join date : 2013-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 2:24 pm

How do you go about showing dogs? I am very interested in all this because my little girl dolly has 3 Champions in her bloodlines, I have an example of the AKC breed standard for siberian huskies but dolly is still very young and has a lot of growing to do. How would I tell if she is show quality?
I dont have any stacked pictures because I have never tried but here are some pics maybe to get a good idea of where she is looking wise.

She is only 13 weeks old so she has a lot of growing to do still

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 Dolly_12

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 Relaxi10
Back to top Go down
Tammara.Lanham18
Newborn
Newborn
Tammara.Lanham18

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 01110

I just took a better picture of her body structure

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 01310
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:38 pm

She has a nice topline- who is she out of?

To start, get into some handling classes great bonding experience and learning opportunity. Then, once she gets to be 6mos old, just enter shows. You can get on a Premium List like through Onofrio or BayRay. The list will come to your house and let you know when shows are closing and when you have to enter by. They have online listings as well.

www.onofrio.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Tammara.Lanham18
Newborn
Newborn
Tammara.Lanham18

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:36 pm

The story with how I got her is a long one, A friend of mine's mother purchased her from a mall in hopes of replacing a passed on pet, couldn't handle her, so sold her to me. I purchased her pedigree and found that there were champions in her fathers side. CH kristaris JJ, Ch innis free's chips ahoy, and CH kristari's Maximillian III, and a litter mate of a show dog (Innato's let freedon ring) named Intatto's Yes I am a pirate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next