It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
montoyan
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2012-12-09

Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) Empty
PostSubject: Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX)   Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 4:36 pm

I'd like to find Leonidas(Leo), my Siberian Husky, a good home I'm willing to let him go for $150. he is 2 years old has all his vaccinations and fixed. that price includes his kennel bowls etc... The $150 is pretty firm it will be used to adopt a new buddy for my other dog. The only reason why I have to let Leo go is because he was my Ex-Girlfriend's and she abandoned him here with me. He is a Beautiful dog and I wish I had the resources to keep him. Please help me find him a good home.

I am in Humble, TX Just outside of Houston, TX

Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) 47118111
Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) 19028710
Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) 38815910
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX)   Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Is there any particular reason why you can't keep him but want another dog after he's gone? Does he not get along with the current dog? Are you not able to give him the exercise he needs?

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX)   Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:20 pm

I agree with Kristina!!! We could use more information on to as why you can't keep him. And why you want to get another dog after he is gone.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX)   Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Huh? Says the only reason you're letting him go is because he is your exes and she left him?

So you want to get rid of a dog that is already probably devastated and use the money you pocket to get a new one. What resources do you lack for this dog that you don't lack for another?

I'm not even going to get started on how bad that sounds.
Back to top Go down
montoyan
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX)   Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Ok the dog was found by friends of my Ex, then they were looking for a home for him and my Ex begged me until I said yes to take Leo in. When we broke up I asked her to take "her" dog and she didn't. He's not a bad dog I love the guy but he is too much to handle. My other dog is a 14lbs Shorkie(Miniature schnauzer Yorkie Mix). I don't want to take Leo to a dog pound because I don't want him to be put down.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX)   Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks for elaborating Smile He's a handsome boy and i'm sure he will find a home. Please just be sure that he goes to someone Husky knowledgeable or at least someone who is willing and capable of owning a Husky. I'm sure you've noticed they're unlike other dogs Smile

I think there are a few rescues in TX- perhaps email them to list him as a referral?

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX)   Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Texas Sled Dog Rescue is based in Houston (we're soley based on fosters). I volunteer with them. They're on FB.

Husky Haven Inc. is also another rescue group in Houston, also on FB.

How is he with other dogs? Does he try to be the alpha male in the pack (i.e. dominant over you)? Any history of aggression? Does he walk on a loose lead (no pulling when walking)? Has he tried to escape from your yard (assuming you have one)? How is he with kids?

These are the kinds of questions you'll be asked if you turn him into a rescue.

I'd be willing to take him in but I have to talk to the boyfriend first and it will have to wait until after I get back from my visit home on Christmas.
Back to top Go down
montoyan
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX)   Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:26 am

Leo Is Good With Other dogs kind of overly playful at first but then he calms down. He is the alpha over my other dog but he does obey me, a little stubborn but always ends up following the command. He pulls at first when walking then he loosens up some, always testing. He has never tried to escape from my yard. When he has interacted with kids at my home. he was not aggressive towards but he would make them nervous so there are not many interactions with children.

If you would like to meet him I'm sure we can work something out.
Back to top Go down
montoyan
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX)   Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Please, I know someone wants this guy to have good home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX)   Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX) Empty

Back to top Go down

Find Leonidas a good home(Houston,TX)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1