It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Silly husky things...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

Silly husky things... Empty
PostSubject: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Has anyone else watched their dog chase their tail only to catch it and trip themselves up?
Stig just managed it... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Lucian's done that several times. The funniest thing he does is when he gets the zoomies in the house. He'll run from my living room, to the back room. His "brakes" don't work all that good yet, so he'll turn and body check the couch, then run back the other direction, and do the same thing off the other couch. I have to get it on video one of these days.
Back to top Go down
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:18 pm

Yeah stig does that too, I blame laminate flooring.. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Lol, Lucian has no excuse for it then, it's all carpet! He just gets going to fast, and there isn't enough room for him to turn around.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Everytime Lycus gets the zoomies he runs around the entire house until he slip and slides through out the entire kitchen/hallway lol
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Ha!! Nook chases his tail as part of his nightly ritual. Usually he cant catch it and gets mad at it, growling and snapping. The other night one of his snaps connected. How I wish I had a camera to capture the look on his face. I'm still chuckling thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:24 pm

this thread already has me laughing out loud. keep em coming! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Luna chases my parent's Mini Dachshund's tail and Anja (Dachshund - 10 lbs) doesn't like it so she will snap at Luna (50 lbs) and Luna will run away terrified. My ferocious guard dog Razz
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Sophie chases her tail all the time and trips. Also when she's growling and fight playing with Kay she'll freak out and attack her tail when it touches her. Her tail swishes every which way when she's playing, she has a really long tail so it touches her all the time. Laughing

And I hate it when Kay gets the zoomies in the house. She goes CRAZY she'll growl and "attack" Maya or Sophie if they bump into her or catches her. So usually her and Maya will get into a fight since Maya doesn't like Kay's craziness. It's also bad when Maya gets the zoomies but luckily that doesn't happen much. Sophie will bounce off the couch when she gets them then Maya pins her and its over.
Back to top Go down
tcarp916
Puppy
Puppy
tcarp916

Female Join date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:48 pm

[quote="Keyda81"]He'll run from my living room, to the back room. His "brakes" don't work all that good yet, so he'll turn and body check the couch, then run back the other direction, and do the same thing off the other couch. /quote]

Same with Carolina and she's about 2. She doesn't run into to couch though, she'll slam into the door or her corner that she always sleeps in. Her race track consists of doing laps through our kitchen, into our dining room, through the living and back through the kitchen. I'm surprised she hasn't slipped on the laminate floor yet.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:24 am

Lucian totally avoids the kitchen when he gets zoomies, lol. I think he knows he'll fall on his butt.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:12 am

OMG FDreya is insane with her tail. It can get quite scary at times. Especially if she's doing it while on top of me. Or if she's doing it on the bed, I get scared she's either going to fall off or poush me off with the velocity at which she spins lol.

It's like she's attacking it, sha antaully snaps at it as if trying to tell it to back off or something lol.

She makes me dizzy just watching her.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 am

My Husky doesn't, but Lucy the Papillion mix does the oddest thing ever. Anytime something upsets her (she's very cranky, and rehabilitation is slow) she immediatly redirects onto her tail. I mean legitimate fierce attacking of her own arse. I've shown a number of trainers I've worked with and nobody has seen anything quite like it. Its gotten better as we've socialized her, but yeah.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:49 am

I suppose it's better her taking it out on her tail then on said offender. Unless ofcourse she's injuring herself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

Female Join date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:54 pm

well....when zizzys chewing a bone and her tail moves, she lunges at it thinking its someone else lol.
Back to top Go down
gocavs627
Puppy
Puppy
gocavs627

Female Join date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:49 am

Kane chases his tail quite a bit, then when he catches it he continues in a circle until he gets dizzy and falls over. Always good for a laugh. He and Halligan both have trouble staying upright on the wood floors, especially when they're chasing each other through the house.
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:59 am

Haha Koopa chases his tail a lot, but it's so long he catches it often...But he won't let go! So he'll trip & do a barrel roll with his tail still in his mouth and try to get up but his feet will be tangled in between. It's hilarious!

He also gets the zoomies on a regular basis and he'll make the circle around the living room at full throttle and jump on the sofa and off the other side then bark before running and jumping either on or over the love sack and back to the couch! Haha. It's hysterical to watch because if he's the only one inside he'll attack the love sack but if the cat is on the lovesac he hurdles it instead of getting on it. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:38 am

Korra does the tail chasing/attacking too! She will also scratch her ears/neck with her back leg and then start attacking her foot! Like "what is this doing in my face??!" lol. She'll get her foot as far into her mouth as possible, bite, and shake it so hard she'll roll herself over. Silly husky things... 1625187496 lol.
Oh. And sometimes she'll kick back at herself and then growl at her foot.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:24 pm

I never really knew what the “zoomies” were until I experienced it with Nikko! It is a sight to watch, especially when they both get going.

Nikko will start by coming up to me and nudging me when he wants to play, then when you go towards him he will start running all over the place…up the stairs, down the stairs, jump on the couch (sideways so that his paws are hitting the back of the couch), in the kitchen, under the table and back again. When he hits the laminate flooring it is hilarious! He will slide all over the place and slam against the door. If you go up to him he tries to run backwards and it looks like a cartoon character!
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Thane definitely does the whole tail chasing thing. He also likes to use the slide when he see's a jungle gym at a park.
Back to top Go down
gocavs627
Puppy
Puppy
gocavs627

Female Join date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Kane likes the slide too!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Maya loves slides, she goes crazy and pulls me up the jungle gym to get to it.
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Male Join date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Bella chases her tail all the time she starts off running in wide circles that get smaller and smaller until she's curled up in a tight spinning ball of fur. She usually keeps going after she catches her tail and then when she stops she just savages it.
When she gets the zoomies it's a bit scary, she runs along the back of the couch sideways like wall walking in Prince of Persia and runs faster from a standing start than I actually can run. My girlfriend always freaks out about it but i've learned the only thing to do is secure your easily broken things and just watch.
When she finishes she just stops running a looks at you like nothing happened. This normally is the prelude to a wrestling match.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Lucian has a few other silly things he does. He's a weed whacker for starters. He'll sit there and pull out the long blades of grass along my fence, then shake his head to get them out of his mouth. Lol. Never eats it, just pulls it out.
He also takes apart his toys. He'll chew at the seam until he gets a thread lose, and then pulls on the thread until he gets it apart. It's pretty funny to watch.
Back to top Go down
kobi269
Newborn
Newborn
kobi269

Male Join date : 2013-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Kobi got the zoomies after chasing his tail lol thought I would share it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silly husky things...   Silly husky things... Empty

Back to top Go down

Silly husky things...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next