It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How to cope with losing Gabe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Red Gabe 111
Newborn
Newborn
Red Gabe 111

How to cope with losing Gabe Empty
PostSubject: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Let me tell you a little about our son Gabe, he is a red sib, 1 year old. Gabe could do many tricks including up, down, sit, lay and the lastest was a low crawl. He was famous for husky hand holding and would pull anyones jacket off who came to visit. He wanted to be the center of attention which we gladly gave him. Gabe had lots of room to exercise, he was attached to a zip line but came in every night, he had his choice of sleeping places in our home, Yes, he was spoiled, we admit that. Thursday at 3:30 Gabe broke free and disappeared. We put up flyers with his picture asking people to "Help Gabe find his way home". We have searched and searched. Although we are not ready to give up all hope, I want some piece of mind for my husband, he jumps at ever sound, looks at every house and continues to want to sleep with the door open in case he does wonder back he can come on in (leaving the door open would sound crazy except were we live it is okay to do so..). We aren't yet at the point of being able to face this loss head on but would love some advice on how to cope. There isn't a stone unturned in searching for him......We miss you Gabe. We love you
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:53 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:37 am

I know how you're feeling. I once had a dog take off and I searched all night in his favorite places. I was calling animal control the next morning to let them know, and, a call came through: A woman who worked at the Post Office downton had found him, and he had our phone# on his tags. (Thank God). That dog had gone MILES from our house! His poor pads were torn from walking.
I don't see a recent post, so I am hoping all is well. Do not give up on him! My ex had a dog gone for 1 1/2 years, and one day, he was standing out front. Let us know what the situation is....
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 pm

hoping your boy gets home safe, was he chipped? and like others have said try looking as far away as you can and put up as many posters and info as you can.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Oh no! I am sending good vibes your way!! This sucks... I've only lost Koda once and it was my own fault for letting him run offleash. NEVER again, so I can only imagine your panic and heartbreak.

All I can say is keep looking! We almost adopted a dog that had been in the shelter for a month when the owners finally came looking and found her. Just call call call, post flyers, craigslist adds, use here, facebook, anywhere you can get the word out. Hopefully someone will find him.

Good luck and keep us updated!

How to cope with losing Gabe Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Red Gabe 111
Newborn
Newborn
Red Gabe 111

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Just a quick update on Gabe. He is still missing. We thank all of you that responded and for those that just read it and took a little extra time with their "kids".....we hate the "D" word. We are still looking, still putting the word out, still going door to door talking to people. I'm sure to known in this town as the crazy lady that rides around yelling gabe out her car window . Gabe has been gone over a week now and its still hard to not have him getting in between us, howling at us, loving us.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 2:27 am

Where are you located?

How to cope with losing Gabe Hailey10
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:48 am

Keep you chin up! We are all hoping it turns out well for you. You didn't say, was he microchipped?
Back to top Go down
Red Gabe 111
Newborn
Newborn
Red Gabe 111

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:16 am

We live in Tennesse (laweranceburg). And sadly no he was not chipped. But since its the weekend and a beautiful day I think lots of people will be out in their yards so the crazy lady will be riding slow yelling "Gabe" out her window again today. Wish us luck.
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Best of luck you not-so-crazy lady!
Back to top Go down
combat.tinkerbell
Newborn
Newborn
combat.tinkerbell

Female Join date : 2011-08-22

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:59 am

I Know This Thread Is Old But Did You Ever Find Your Baby?? :'(
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/combat.tinkerbell
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Yep! Smile http://itsahuskything.forumotion.net/t802-gabe-is-home

How to cope with losing Gabe Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
combat.tinkerbell
Newborn
Newborn
combat.tinkerbell

Female Join date : 2011-08-22

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:18 am

YAYAYAY!!!! Thank God. That Just Made My Day lol. I'm Really Glad You Found Him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/combat.tinkerbell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to cope with losing Gabe   How to cope with losing Gabe Empty

Back to top Go down

How to cope with losing Gabe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1