It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from Northern Maine!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kimber
Puppy
Puppy
Kimber

Female Join date : 2013-01-07

Hello from Northern Maine!  Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Hello everyone! I am so glad I found your forum here! I've already read so many old posts and am enjoying reading through everyones opinions and stories very much!

I have an older mixed female (Falon) that I saved from Tennessee. She was abandon on a horse farm I was at and was 2 days from going to a kill shelter! I told them I'd take her home with me! The vet told me she was approximately 6 months old and definitely German Shepard and they think part husky but could not be 100%. Anyway, she is now 10 years old and is the sweetest most well behaved dog I have ever owned. I figured that as she gets older but is still very active and healthy enough to play this year it was time to finally get another dog and finally get the full husky I have always wanted. I am sure my older girl Falon is going to help me to teach my new little one Kimber. Kimber was just born on January 3 and he will be coming home to us on about February 28th. We are super excited.

We live in Northern Maine where we have plenty of cold and snow. We currently have about 2 feet of the white stuff on the ground. We are very active and love hiking, playing outside on our 38 acres and exploring the trails on our property. We are a family of 5 and go out on our snowshoes as well and Falon loves running around to explore with us no matter what we are doing outside! In summer, we love going out to the lake and sometimes camp in our RV or tents (along with the dogs!) I am sure once Kimber arrives, he will love doing everything with us as well!

I look forward to "meeting" you all and reading much more on here!

Here is our new baby Kimber (first photo)
Hello from Northern Maine!  KIMBER_zps19ad5aa9
And so I don't leave out our older gal, here she is
Hello from Northern Maine!  2012123195184239_zpsa62227f5

Last edited by Kimber on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Welcome! I'm jealous of your 38 acres Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Hello and welcome! Lovely family you have!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:48 pm

February 28th is my birthday.. I think you should give him to me as a present Wink
Naw just kidding they're gorgeous, welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:37 pm

Welcome! Falon looks like a big sweetie Smile
I, too, am jealous of your 38 acres. And your snow! Today I was excited just because the darned sky decided to slush a little... And your adorable little pup of course. My girl was puppy 5 too Smile
Back to top Go down
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
dragonthewhitedread

Male Join date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:39 pm

What a sweet dog(s) especially the little pup. My parents were just in Maine with friends visiting Belfast? I think. They loved it said it was so beautiful. Congrats on your new little one and welcome!
Back to top Go down
Kimber
Puppy
Puppy
Kimber

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks everyone! It's very good to be here!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:51 am

Welcome.. love you cute little pup and the girl is really good looking..

Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 am

Also, I wanted to post this thread for you. It may help out when bringing home the little one!
https://www.itsahuskything.com/t7664-so-you-re-bringing-home-a-puppy#121642
Back to top Go down
Kimber
Puppy
Puppy
Kimber

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Just received the 2 week picture of my new baby! He's so cute and already changing so much!

Hello from Northern Maine!  KIMBER1-18-13_zpsde2fcf08

Last edited by Kimber on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Welcome! We're neighbors, I'm always up in Maine with my girl!
Back to top Go down
Kimber
Puppy
Puppy
Kimber

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 4:50 pm

How neat! Where in Maine do you go? I'm originally born and raised in southern NJ and we bought our house in Maine in 2008. We love it here so much! We are 1 hour north of Bangor (1 hour south of the Canada border).
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Oh wow you really are far north! I'm in Concord (southern NH), but we have family in York and we like to go camping in different places around the state.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Maine!    Hello from Northern Maine!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Northern Maine!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1