It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Birthday tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Me & Ghost
Puppy
Puppy
Me & Ghost

Female Join date : 2012-11-30

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:38 pm

So taking a risk of sounding like a crazy person I would like to ask this:

Ghost will make 1 year in less than a month (february, 16). Did any of you guys did something special for your huskies on their 1st birthday?

I would like to treat him with something that would make him go bananas (I think this is the phrase you use). I wanted to see him really happy Razz
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Your not crazy, just crazy about your four legged companion, lol. I was thinking of doing a little B-party for Lucian. It's not until the end of July though. I was hoping to maybe get together with some other husky owners in the area at one of the dog parks, and making some kind of special treat for the dogs.

If you look on Gone to the snow dogs channel on youtube, she's got a few recipes for cookies, frozen treats, etc. Maybe give you an idea.
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Every year for Ava's birthday, she gets a special cake. We make a dog-friendly meatloaf in cupcake time. Ice it with cream cheese and then decorate it with cheese in a can and bacon sprinkles. And then she gets a slim Jim candle on top Smile

One of the girls in my class (vet tech program) brought us all cupcakes on her dog's birthday too. It was cute Smile
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Hate to say it.. you are all crazy..

Just kidding.. I celebrate doggy birthdays

I get them a salmon, and a new collar, and lead, and name tag, and toys, and training treats, and any other thing I was reluctant to spend money on, but did want to get my dog at one point.

Even my dad comes over and brings them all bones or buys the house a bunch of dog food for dog birthdays.

Unfortunately I don't get one until Soshanna turns 2 in March.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:53 pm

I don't celebrate dog birthdays, just extra treats and a slightly larger dinner than normal and that's about it. No parties, no special activities, no cakes.

Heh, wait till Melissa (mom of Mya, Kody & Asia) sees this thread...she knows how to throw a doggy birthday party!

Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Me & Ghost wrote:
So taking a risk of sounding like a crazy person I would like to ask this:

Not crazy at all, I've always celebrated my pets birthdays even down to the ones that live in tanks and such :p. I've just had my friends bring their pets and have a pet party with some pet appropriate party food. For Anakin's birthday I plan on baking a bunch of doggie cupcakes and having a little mini party with a few neighbors and friends.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 pm

Huskyluv wrote:

Heh, wait till Melissa (mom of Mya, Kody & Asia) sees this thread...she knows how to throw a doggy birthday party!

Razz I'm a little crazy with the doggie birthday parties, huh? Razz

This was Asia's 1st bday in October. She had about 15 doggie guests..lol. I'll try to find the threads now Smile Trust me, you're not crazy. If you're crazy then I need to be committed right now lol!

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Kody's 2nd birthday in August...
https://www.itsahuskything.com/t6049-happy-2nd-birthday-kody-cake-cutting-pics?highlight=kody

Asia's 1st birthday in October...

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t6640-the-red-ones-1st-birthday-few-more

Mya is having a doggie cake made for her birthday in March and we're hoping to rent out the doggie lake for an hour just for her Smile
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:43 am

I love you're doggie parties!!! bounce

Do you make the cakes Melissa or have them made?
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:49 am

I guess I don't do a big of party as Melissa I try to do something.. I also celebrate their becoming part of our family day being we do not know when Blaze and Kerian's birthdays are for sure.

I have made birthday cakes and give them the cake and maybe a trip to the doggie park.

Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:18 am

Storm got a private park party with about 12 of his friends and he passed out pupcakes and doggy bags as party favors Smile

Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Q   Birthday tips EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:06 am

Keyda81 wrote:
Your not crazy, just crazy about your four legged companion, lol. I was thinking of doing a little B-party for Lucian. It's not until the end of July though. I was hoping to maybe get together with some other husky owners in the area at one of the dog parks, and making some kind of special treat for the dogs.

If you look on Gone to the snow dogs channel on youtube, she's got a few recipes for cookies, frozen treats, etc. Maybe give you an idea.

I keep forgetting that Yuki and Lucian are five days apart in their birthday. So will we be spamming the forum with our birthday pictures? Haha my idea is to maybe go on a walk in Caesar's Creek or Sugarceek, someones recommended Yellow Springs is nice too. Yuki's favorite thing /is/ a walk in nature, perhaps Abby will join me with one, two, or all three of hers. I want to do that in the morning, and then go to the pet store to pick out any toys she wants, and then in the evening we'll go to her favorite place (the dog park~~) and hopefully I can invite some husky owners there to come join me to help celebrate.
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

Female Join date : 2013-02-14

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:42 pm

We are planning to get Lexi some stuff for her bday, but probably not having a party or anything like that. Just some treats and a couple toys probably.

Happy early bday Ghost!

Scott
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:02 pm

I do celebrate and Balons is today lol. Mine get a special treat from the doggie bakery, and a new toy!
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

Female Join date : 2013-02-14

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Balonsmom wrote:
I do celebrate and Balons is today lol. Mine get a special treat from the doggie bakery, and a new toy!

Happy birthday Balon!

Scott
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 pm

normally i just bake S&J doggie cupcakes for their b-days, Sierra we know, Jack we made his got ya day his b day.
BUT...... next month i am throwing Sierra a doggie birthday party cause she is turning 10 and well thats HUGE so i sent invites to all my friends with dogs or not and were gonna take over the dog park near our house, no one ever shows up there, and i will make snacks for all the guest Smile im also making Sierra a birthday bandana to wear and im sure she will get a ton of treats that day Smile

so anyone on here that im not friends with on FB but live near by send me a PM and i will give you all the info if you want to come Wink

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:02 pm

Fun parties, Melissa and Claudia! Smile

We celebrate at home, and they usually also get to go to day care to play with their buddies. We'll bring some treats in for all of them. This year the day care bought Frosti doggie ice cream (Frosty paws! Teehee!) and bought a cake for the entire staff! They sent us some of the cake, too! So sweet! Smile

Birthday tips Frosti10
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:39 pm

So I want to bring back this thread for a little bit of feedback because my baby boy Siku turns 2 on July 31st (he is our oldest husky). Last year I just did a treat that said Happy Birthday, he got a couple of presents, and got to go to daycare for the day since I had to work. I'm not doing a party this year because my friends already think I'm nuts and not many people that I know have dogs. So we will just have a fun day, I get to choose my day off that week because I have to work Saturday, so I'm obviously going to take that Wednesday off so we can have some fun together (not sure if I'm going to bring his brother yet) but we will hike and swim and do all of his favorite stuff. Plus I want to get him a cake this year and found this website: http://thebarkeryonline.com it says its an all natural online bakery so thats good, and because I don't want to bake it from scratch. Good idea to order it or bad idea? Plus how long do you think it would stay good for? It says it takes at least 24 hours for it to be made, and then you have to account for shipping time. Its a little much for only 2 dogs but its all about the cute presentation and the pictures! Hahaha. Anyone have any different ideas or any suggestions as far as cakes, treats, birthday bandanas or any fun toys for him as well? I know I want to get him a puzzle because he has lost all interest in his Kong Wobbler and we need some more mental stimulation.
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:31 pm

siku&nikolai wrote:
So I want to bring back this thread for a little bit of feedback because my baby boy Siku turns 2 on July 31st (he is our oldest husky). Last year I just did a treat that said Happy Birthday, he got a couple of presents, and got to go to daycare for the day since I had to work. I'm not doing a party this year because my friends already think I'm nuts and not many people that I know have dogs. So we will just have a fun day, I get to choose my day off that week because I have to work Saturday, so I'm obviously going to take that Wednesday off so we can have some fun together (not sure if I'm going to bring his brother yet) but we will hike and swim and do all of his favorite stuff. Plus I want to get him a cake this year and found this website: http://thebarkeryonline.com it says its an all natural online bakery so thats good, and because I don't want to bake it from scratch. Good idea to order it or bad idea? Plus how long do you think it would stay good for? It says it takes at least 24 hours for it to be made, and then you have to account for shipping time. Its a little much for only 2 dogs but its all about the cute presentation and the pictures! Hahaha. Anyone have any different ideas or any suggestions as far as cakes, treats, birthday bandanas or any fun toys for him as well? I know I want to get him a puzzle because he has lost all interest in his Kong Wobbler and we need some more mental stimulation.
the dog cakes are cute do you have a local dog bakery though? I found a local dog bakery which made a natural cake fur stryker that way you don't have to worry about shipping ect..
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:44 pm

No, unfortunately no local bakeries. That one is in Massachusetts, so kind of close and I can't imagine that the shipping would take to long. I might have to bake one, just won't look as nice! I'm not very good at decorating! Haha.
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:55 pm

Id go for it if you don't have a local dog bakery. Shipping should be fine mine took 2 days to thaw even after I got it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Birthday tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthday tips   Birthday tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Birthday tips

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1