It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:17 pm

I stalked yesterday, all her huskies and pups are gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:28 pm

I was looking at all her pictures yesterday and about died over the bucket of puppies. I am so excited and cannot wait to see which pup you end up with!

jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:42 pm

yep love that red one Smile

Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Oh you people and your reds!

mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Nothing is final and won't be - but I thought I would share that I *MAY* be leaning more towards the red girl. I'm going to discuss some things with the breeder today hopefully but I wanted to hear all of your guys thoughts on me possibly getting a red LOL

mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:22 pm

I think it would be amazing if you got the red! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:28 pm

I dont usually like reds.. But that red one is stunning!!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
I dont usually like reds.. But that red one is stunning!!

That's me basically. lol I've never been a "red" person. She'll be a KB like her dad.

Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Chili approves. Wink Frosti says Bella, watch out for that RED- they're super bossy! Laughing I love that red, she caught my eye first! Then the agouti!

Ceara - I'll take that bucket o' puppies to go, with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy. Wink
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Aw! I'm super glad to have Chili's approval! Tell him it means a lot!!

I'll have that order right up for you!

Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:54 pm

hmm, If I were you i'd take em all!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Iluvmyhuskies wrote:
If I was rich I might consider it lol.

I could buy a cheap car with that kind of money.

Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 pm

That red *really* caught my eye. I wonder if her diminished amount of white and solid coat color is due to that "K" allele and if she is related to that black one she has (who does have the "K" allele)? Which brings me to my next question..... do you have a pedigree for these pups?
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:01 pm

She's the daughter of Onyx (who is KB). She has a double dose of red (dam is red) so she is( most likely) KB self colored red.

Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:10 pm

Ahhh ha. Many thanks. (and it's nice to be able to talk genetics with someone!!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:12 pm

I'll grab pedigree's in a second.

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:14 pm

deleted!

Last edited by Niraya on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks! **runs off to continue stalking breeder by studying pedigrees**
Back to top Go down
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

Male Join date : 2013-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Niraya wrote:

The bucket 'o' puppies!
mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 53998910

STOP IT!! That's the cutest thing ever!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:47 pm

I don't know your breeder's name either, so I can't stalk! Sad

Congratulations Ceara! The bucket o' puppies is adorable! I love the agouti faces. Smile I really like the middle one on the right.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:22 pm

The breeders name is in the thread! lol

Agouti gene - not a facial pattern or marking.  Dogs that don't have white (or open) faces are just considered "dark" faced dogs or heavily masked.

That's where the confusion comes from in the general populace.  People assume that since a dog doesn't have the traditional irish markings or the open/white faces that it's an agouti and that's wrong.

There is only one agouti in this litter.

Last edited by Niraya on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Niraya wrote:
There is only one agouti in this litter.

Just to check, is it the red one?
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:27 pm

No. The agouti is the one on the right between the red and the black.

The others are two patterned jet blacks/white (they won't be dilute)
red/white
gray white

Last edited by Niraya on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Niraya wrote:
Iluvmyhuskies wrote:
If I was rich I might consider it lol.

I could buy a cheap car with that kind of money.

Who needs a cheap car when you'd have em all to pull you..hahah. Just kidding
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 3:55 pm

mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 52807710

mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 55803810

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   mechta - Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next