It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

Female Join date : 2012-12-07

people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. Empty
PostSubject: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:18 pm

A man approched me from the area I live.
He basically threatened to evict me (I'm moving anyways.) and sue.
And said my dog is to big, is agressive, doesn't have a licence, will give kids diseases, and I don't pick up after him..

I showed him the licence, that hes on a leash, and showed him I was carrying a bag.
I told him to check into the dogs that try to viciously attack me, that are unleashed, and their owners don't pick up after them.
He said he doesn't care. He is going to take pictures, and videos to report me and all owners to the dog warden for our dogs to be put down.
He also tried to follow me to see exactly where I lived, I just let Yuki eat snow while I waited for him to walk away..

I told him try what you want, this is a service dog in-trainning.
However; he said he doesn't care if I'm crippled he is reporting us, and will sue for me having an illigal-vicious dog around an area where children are.

Can you believe that??

Last edited by yinnyang on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:27 pm

What the hell. I don't have any advice, but I just think that's complete bull.

yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Yeah. I mean, clearly Yuki isn't agressive. He play bites, but never on anyone else but me.
I was dumb-founded!
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:36 pm

That is ridiculous!! I think someone is jealous they don't have a husky Laughing
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:38 pm

lol! That's what I thought aswell.
Yuu was wearing a sweater so he did look adorkable ^_^
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:40 pm

someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed....

Newborn
Newborn
Saide's and Wash's Mom

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Try having a pit bull people and there ignorance sadly sometimes fellow dog owners with be like that too. Its so hurtful when someone is so cruel to your best friend. Its going to be interesting to have a pit bull and a husky. I feel like we have to train our dogs to behave better than others just so they get the same chance. Its a good thing you are moving away form someone so horrible.
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Yeah I know what thats like. I personally love pits, and never really understood why people thought they're evil. Dogs are only bad if they are taught to be bad. A chiwawa, lab, golden retrevior, ect.. can be horrible dogs. If someone trains their dogs well I don't know how they still say it's a horrible dog. It is hurtful when things are said, but I guess you can only prove them wrong by showing off good behavior?
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:43 pm

That guy was clearly off his rocker, and I imagine the dog warden will realize it too... that's IF he follows through and reports it (which I doubt).
Back to top Go down
kobi269
Newborn
Newborn
kobi269

Male Join date : 2013-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:15 pm

You mentioned something in your OP, " I told him to check into the dogs that try to viciously attack me. ". Is it possible that has happened to him, he might have kids also, and that he is just being a jack a$$ to you because you were the next dog owner he seen. Just wondering as I have ran into that before. I use to own a black mut / golden mix, was taking him for a walk and someone approached me with the same bull. Nothing came out of it, but still i agree with the others that people are really ignorant.
Back to top Go down
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

Male Join date : 2013-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:32 pm

I have been asked no less than twice to remove my sister's Pit Bull from the dog park because he was playing with smaller dogs and the owners thought he was trying to attack them. (Needless to say he was among a pack of dogs playing and they single him out). The dog park he frequents is divided into 3 areas depending on size and yet idiots bring their small Dachshund or similar sized breeds into the big dog area. He's a gentle giant but doesn't know his strength sometimes so I always kept three eyes on him at the park. But he's never once done an act that I thought to be aggressive, nor growled, or done anything more than the typical bite and run away. So I can completely understand the feeling towards people that are ignorant of dogs or automatically assume that "Since I was attacked by a dog, the next dog I see must be just as bad".
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Ok never try to argue wirh crazy!!! I wonder what makes him think your dog is vicious??? Dies he think you are raising a wolf?? Lol
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Isn't Yuki a puppy??? This person sounds very off. I think I would keep my distance if you see him again. There are some strange characters out there!
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Wow... talk about ignorance...
Back to top Go down
TreemanAndy
Newborn
Newborn
TreemanAndy

Male Join date : 2012-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Many people have irrational fears for weird reasons. I deal with this all the time as an arborist. I imagine he has had a bad experience with a dog and reflects that on all dogs. He also might think you have a German Shepard. I would say the best advice is to not engage and try to avoid walking your dog near his house. If he has no proof of his accusations he will have a hard time prosecuting.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Maybe he thinks you have a Wolf-dog? Maybe that's giving him too much credit for knowing what a wolf dog is lol? To be honest you have the right to report crazy and suspicious people who try and follow you. Take your cell phone with you next time. If it was me and he approached me again and acted the least bit threatening or tried to follow me I'd call the cops and say "hey this guys stalking me and has threatened me".

My philosophy is generally Don't stir the crazy pot. But if the crazy persons unavoidable and making me feel unsafe I'd take action.
Back to top Go down
Kavik_the_Havoc
Teenager
Teenager
Kavik_the_Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 pm

What the heck set him off? Was it just random?

I've told my dad I like pits and am considering one for my second dog, among a few others, and he nearly exploded with reasons why I should never own one. Yeah, I would hit numerous brick walls for owning one and be looked down on at times, but that's just pure media bs. Like how the Doberman and German Shepherd went through a bad phase in the public eye. Pit-bulls are sweet dogs, very people friendly.

What's dumb is a neurotic Chihuahua is allowed to be aggressive towards people and will be continually bred with that disposition. No one cares because you can punt one of those suckers across the room if they get too annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:33 am

HAHA! I LOVE the Chi line..so very true. I feel kinda bad for small breed dogs. People bred the most horrible dispositions into them because hey, it's "cute" people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. 1625187496 .

That actually sounds kind of scary. I would make sure if you can to avoid walking near wherever he lives. He sounds like one of those people you should stay away from. Do carry your cell or mace with you on your walks?? He's crazy!

But though, does your neighborhood have a husky ban? If so then I'd watch out for him in that respect. If not, yeah he's crazy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:39 am

What's the sorry unless huskies are banned and you shouldn't have him? If huskies are okay there, if this man starts off on you again, tell him you will call the police because he is harassing you and making you feel threatened if he doesn't cut the crap.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:41 am

Some asshole that was causing problemms on my old block called animal control on Soshanna for being an unlicensed, vicious, pitbull breed who snarled at people. She was 4 or 5 months old.

Animal control came to the door as I was walking out with Soshanna. They met her, and I explained that he was a harrasive old ass. I would try that. Introduce your dog to animal control. They never bothered me again.

Eventually, the old man got standoffish and wielded a saw blade, so I called the police, and he was charged with harrassment
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 pm

You get so many replies over the night , o._o
I do carry mace usually, but I need a new bottle.

I think it was random. However;my dad said it sounded like the president of the condo association board? Dogs have always been allowed here, no matter what breed as long as its under 35lbs,and Yuki is barley 10lbs so we've got a ways to go. Rumors are spreading that the board is banning dogs, which on their part is illegal because they need to ask for everybody's vote in the entire complex and they did not.

Either way, if it was random or not. I did not appreciate being approached /threatened like I was.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 pm

They can't ban dogs of people who already live there, per your contract. Smile

My old apartment complex outlawed huskies, but I already had one and was grand fathered in.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:10 pm

When I moved into a rented condo, Luna and I were there for 1 day before we reported to the association for apparently spreading fleas to the entire building. Pretty amazing feat in one day with a dog who didn't have fleas. We got kicked out, so believe me I feel you in this situation!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.   people - Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ignorant people. I was reported to dog warden.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1