It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Exciting news everyone!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saide's and Wash's Mom
Newborn
Newborn
Saide's and Wash's Mom

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

Exciting news everyone!!! Empty
PostSubject: Exciting news everyone!!!   Exciting news everyone!!! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:31 am

Looks like I am getting a foster puppy tomorrow. (If she gets along with my dog) I can't wait! She is supposed to be part racing husky and is 5 months old. I only have a blurry picture of her but if everything goes well I will have more pictures tomorrow.

Exciting news everyone!!! 563775_10151415084683967_125430937_n
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Exciting news everyone!!!   Exciting news everyone!!! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:12 am

Awesome, kudos for fostering btw. Be patient with the new member and getting with your other dog. Have you fostered b4?
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Exciting news everyone!!!   Exciting news everyone!!! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:22 am

Fostering is one of the most amazing things a person can do in my opinion. I will not sugar coat it however. It does suck. I cried for weeks. BUT, knowing that YOU personally helped that dog find it;s forever home is a feeling that nothing compares to. When I start to feel sad, I look at pictures of the happy new family, and I smile. Knowing that you helped a forgotten little angel blossom into a beautiful dog...it's amazing.

Can't wait to see more pictures and I hope everything works out!!

What is the back story on this little girl?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Exciting news everyone!!!   Exciting news everyone!!! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:13 am

Panzer has made me cry more in 4 months than the rest of life has in a good 10 years. She's not a foster, just a private rescue from a racer (she's a full "racing husky"). Patience and Kindness. Over and over and over. Sometimes to this day, I still walk away from Panzer because I'm getting so upset that its no good for the dog to be around, and just go cry, punch the heavy bag, scream into a pillow, take a shower etc, so I can get it out and relax before trying to work with her again.
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Exciting news everyone!!!   Exciting news everyone!!! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:27 am

Congrats!! Fostering is an awesome thing. Our led to a foster fail but it was so worth seeing how Ripley came out of her shell and is now a ridiculously happy dog.
Keep us posted on everything!
Back to top Go down
Saide's and Wash's Mom
Newborn
Newborn
Saide's and Wash's Mom

PostSubject: Re: Exciting news everyone!!!   Exciting news everyone!!! EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Okay I was waiting for last night so I would have more information before I responded. So we met her last night and they got along okay and now she is with us.

Her story as much as I know it. Someone claims that there Husky(male) accidentally got with there pit bull(female) and had some oops puppies. The people who had them didn't want them so they were given out and Maya ended up with this older family. They took her because she was cute but didn't understand the work that a puppy of two large active breeds takes so they were going to put her in the pound. There adult son offered to take her because she was SO CUTE. He was not up for the energy level I was led to believe he had some physical limitations due to nerve damage and the hyper puppy frustrated him. He decided he would drop her off at the pound. Lucky for Maya (and for us) his girlfriend convinced him to wait and contacted the rescue group I work with and we got her.

So a little profile of Maya
House broken: mostly knows where to go the bathroom but isn't great at holding it after she tell you she has to go so you have to put on your boots quickly!
Energy level: high! She never tires out we had to make her leave our 3 year old dog alone when Sadie was trying to sleep and Maya kept pouncing on her.
Health: has a red bump on her chin that we will have the vet look at.
she has not been spayed and might not have had any shots yet. (we are going to try to get her into the vet ASAP)
Other concerns: she was taken from her mom and siblings between 5-7 weeks possibly younger so she has really bad dog manners. I am hoping our dog can help her with what she missed out on.

Other than that she is a cute hyper loving ball of energy and we are so excited to be foster parents (okay Sadie is not that excited to be a teething ring for the puppy) and we are going to do everything we can to help her get to her forever home!

Also I never fostered a dog before but I currently have some foster ferrets (Maya is kind of scared of them and they are in a cage) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Exciting news everyone!!!   Exciting news everyone!!! EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Poor baby has had a rough start to life the little time she's been here. I hope you're dog can teach her manners, so she can be adopted out into a loving family. Smile
Back to top Go down
Saide's and Wash's Mom
Newborn
Newborn
Saide's and Wash's Mom

PostSubject: Re: Exciting news everyone!!!   Exciting news everyone!!! EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Exciting news everyone!!! 32145_10200587668316628_911540411_n

New pictures Vet check up went well and we learned she is actually only 4 months old. She loves to run and is a goof ball. So foster puppy is getting ready to find her forever home!

We are loving having her but you can tell she is 4 months old she is a mix of loving puppy, crazy devil and little student. I can't wait to see how she grows up. Tonight we are taking her to a dog obedience class to help start getting her ready to find a forever home.

Exciting news everyone!!! 561543_10200587642715988_87434336_n
Back to top Go down
Kimber
Puppy
Puppy
Kimber

Female Join date : 2013-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Exciting news everyone!!!   Exciting news everyone!!! EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:57 pm

She is adorable! What a sweetie and what an awesome thing your doing!! I hope she finds her forever home with good people!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exciting news everyone!!!   Exciting news everyone!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Exciting news everyone!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1