It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Howdy from Northern Alberta!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SiberianLove
Newborn
Newborn
SiberianLove

Female Join date : 2013-02-15

Howdy from Northern Alberta! Empty
PostSubject: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi! I'm new here so thought i'd dive on in and introduce myself and my fur baby.

I grew up with Dogs and Horses and when my Fiance and I moved out together, we immediately got a fur baby. I'm a photographer, so I work from home so this was an ideal situation to raise a high-energy, working dog though for the first few months I was working 4 hours per day, so crate training was a must.

My Fiance's is a mechanic and was always called "Cooter" (from Dukes of Hazzard) growing up, so the name stuck when it came to chosing a name for our new pup. Little did we know, it was slang for female body parts as well... I swear, we had no idea! Though... it is a conversation starter Razz

So anyway, we purchased Cooter from a less than profesional "Breeder" and though he's from 2 CKC registered parents, he himself is not registered. He's primarily a 'pet', so it's of no concern to us though we will be using a more reputable breeder in the future should we decide to purchase another. To sum it up, the major thing that bothered me with this woman was she charged a $400 deposit - no big deal, right? Well a week later she e-mailed me saying I have to pick him up within the next few days, or she was going to sell him to someone else and the deposit was non refundable... also, not unreasonable, until you consider the fact that he was only 5 weeks old. The woman lived 10 hours away, and it was lucky we just happened to have a family member going through so he could pick up the pup for us ... very sad!

He was the runt of his litter, but upon bringing him home we immediately switched him over to Wellness and started encorperating little bits of raw meat and vegi's once he hit 8 weeks old, and he's now 65 pounds and 24" at the wither.

He's 14 months old and we've got him now able to pull my fiance (175 pounds) on a snowboard and smaller women in a sled. There's photo's of him decorating the local groomers store, loves people and has a great relationship with our cats and horses.

So ... thats our story Smile

Howdy from Northern Alberta! 644645_3304135381663_1708937725_n

Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:47 pm

Welcome!!!
More Canadian! We're slowly creeping in!

He's so cute, and he clearly knows it. Smile
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Welcome and what a handsome husky.
Back to top Go down
SiberianLove
Newborn
Newborn
SiberianLove

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:04 pm

It's quite obvious he thinks very highly of himself! lol. The photo above was taken in late October of '12.. he looks so serious, but he's really your typical husky - excessively goofy! I'm going to start teaching him to stand up relatively properly (though I know nothing about showing or anything, so Google Images will be my friend) to get some nice photo's of him after his next grooming appointment in march.

Thanks for the warm welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

Female Join date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:17 pm

Welcome! And that's good lookin dog you got there!

Scott
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Welcome Alaina! You have a real pretty boy, he reminds me very much of my boy when he was younger. Gives me a trip down memory lane, like looking at a young Dakota. I love you

Being a photographer you must take lots of pictures of him! I look forward to seeing more of them. Wink

Newborn
Newborn
SiberianLove

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:39 pm

I'm embarrassed to say I have very few photo's of him Embarassed *bad mom*!

This year I plan to change that, though Razz
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Bodhi says hello from Oregon.
That's a good looking fellow!
Back to top Go down
Kodasmom
Puppy
Puppy
Kodasmom

Female Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Absolutely beautiful. What a great outcome for Cooter. He probably never thought he was going to have such a great life.
Back to top Go down
SiberianLove
Newborn
Newborn
SiberianLove

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Kodasmom wrote:
Absolutely beautiful. What a great outcome for Cooter. He probably never thought he was going to have such a great life.

It's terribly sad - the 'breeder' he came from, and my ignorance in the beginning. I've done my fair share of "Don't Buy A Dog From ____________", but she just keeps pumpin' 'em out.. I e-mailed her in June (he was born Nov. 11 of the previous year) and she didn't even know who I was, and when I gave her his birthdate and asked for info on his parents, she couldn't remember who the dad of his litter was .... such a shame.
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

Female Join date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Hello & Welcome! I too am a photographer! Smile

Your baby is gorgeous though!! Smile
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Welcome! Your pup is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
SiberianLove
Newborn
Newborn
SiberianLove

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks everyone Smile Here's a [cellphone] picture from our adventure today.. we try to get him out 2x per day hauling 80 pounds of landscaping rocks in his cute little sled.

Howdy from Northern Alberta! 482299_3904936841324_1180746108_n
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:33 pm

He is one handsome fellow!! I am new here too, I found myself stumbling on this site as I research so many time I decided I should just join already. We also picked up our pup early. He was given to us from a coworker at my husbands work, I asked my husband to get his birthday because we were going to the vets later that day.... it is only then I realized he was only 6 weeks old. He has been great though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Northern Alberta!   Howdy from Northern Alberta! Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Northern Alberta!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1