It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Picking a name......this is hard!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Female Join date : 2013-02-16

Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Sackman1886 wrote:
Something I did was practice yelling it! If it doesn't sound good in a baby voice or being bellowed - you may need to keep thinking. Just practice...

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya, that sounds nice... Very Happy I know I'm no help - it's tough... We took a few weeks honestly. scratch Whatever you pick, once you have the little pup and they start looking you in the eye when you call it out, all of a sudden you know you made the right choice! Good luck!

lol! I have actually been doing that in my head, didn't want my husband to think I have finally lost it by yelling out loud.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Freya's name was something that stuck with me for years. I'm big on naming things. I prefer unusual names and namkes that arent heard of on a regular basis.

I hadnt seen Freya yet and we were on our way to view the pups when the name popped into my head and I knew it was her.

I like Nikita.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Female Join date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:42 pm

We had a list of over 20 names. Haha. We ended up like 2 of them so much, we gave him a first and middle. Haha. But it took us a LONH time to pick a name. So for worry!
Back to top Go down
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:55 am

CatDen wrote:
We had a list of over 20 names. Haha. We ended up like 2 of them so much, we gave him a first and middle. Haha. But it took us a LONH time to pick a name. So for worry!

We have a huge list too. I don't know how we are ever going to pick.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:13 am

Oh boy do I agree it is hard. When we got our lab Ruby, I wanted her to be Bella (yep love Twilight lol) but boys nixed it because of the movie lol. So one day my husband threw out Ruby and it stuck. Couldn't imagine her with any other name! Balon was easy, my boys are into Game of Thrones so Balon it was. Now for the third pup we picked Loki. Because of the siberians mischievous ways and well that's Loki!
Back to top Go down
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:02 pm

I actually like Sitka too but after using it some, it just didn't sound right so we named our newest dog Chinook which is another nice name.
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:11 pm

I vote for Mya but i also had wanted to name my Mishka Penny--got out voted by an 8 year old!!! Cannot wait to "meet" her!
Back to top Go down
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Mishka'sMom wrote:
I vote for Mya but i also had wanted to name my Mishka Penny--got out voted by an 8 year old!!! Cannot wait to "meet" her!

Don't you hate getting out voted by an 8 yr old??? I know I'm getting tired of it! Since we are getting our puppy so close to my daughter's 9th birthday, we agreed to let her name it. I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to that. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:30 pm

Ha ha ha! I dont know how i lost control. He said it had to sound like a "snow dog". I think he had his mind made up for a couple of years! LOL
Back to top Go down
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Mishka'sMom wrote:
Ha ha ha! I dont know how i lost control. He said it had to sound like a "snow dog". I think he had his mind made up for a couple of years! LOL

My daughter likes Nishka, she said she isn't ready to change her mind or consider another name just yet. lol
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Too cute!
Back to top Go down
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Mishka'sMom wrote:
Too cute!

She's my funny one! She did tell me today that She would at least think about a different name, then said "that doesn't mean I'll pick it, I'm just going to think about it for a second or two". KIDS!
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 am

The thing that made it easier for ME to pick out names was to not even think about it. I have never made a list, nor have I ever looked up names. They just came to me.

Kennedy has her name because at the time I adopted her, it was me (Kelsey) and my Lhasa Apso Kloe..so I obviously needed another K name. I didn't want a run of the mill name, so I thought of people who I went to high school with and their first and last names, and I ended up thinking Kennedy and I LOVED it!

My boyfriend named Sheba, and he looked up something along the lines of "most popular Siberian Husky names". So her name story is kind of lame.

Good luck on picking a name!! If i even THOUGHT about making a list..my dogs would be nameless for like..3 weeks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:07 am

You have your hands full with thst one!
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

Female Join date : 2013-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:23 pm

I get my puppy in June, and the name randomly popped into my head one day... Kiya... Ever since that day, my heart has been set on it. I think once you take your mind off of what you want to name it, it will just randomly come to you. I found that websites with names didn't really help. However, I may have to resort to them, if I have to get a male. But either way, go through movies/characters/people that you really enjoy and try to base the name off of one of those, if you are having a hard time finding the perfect name. But like others say, when you meet the pup, it's like meeting your newborn. The name will come to you. good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:26 pm

Alicia22 wrote:
I get my puppy in June, and the name randomly popped into my head one day... Kiya... Ever since that day, my heart has been set on it. I think once you take your mind off of what you want to name it, it will just randomly come to you. I found that websites with names didn't really help. However, I may have to resort to them, if I have to get a male. But either way, go through movies/characters/people that you really enjoy and try to base the name off of one of those, if you are having a hard time finding the perfect name. But like others say, when you meet the pup, it's like meeting your newborn. The name will come to you. good luck Smile

Congratulations! How in the world are you going to survivor until June? We only have 7 days left before we get our little girl and I'm about to go crazy from the wait. lol!

My daughter told me this morning that she has added Mary & Ruby to her VERY small list of names.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:38 pm

We will never ever be sick of puppy pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alicia22
Puppy
Puppy
Alicia22

Female Join date : 2013-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Thanks!! As for my survival...it is not going well at all. It is all I think about, so to pass time I am out buying stuff in order to be ready for June. Normally I am not one to wish time away on my life but June cannot come soon enough!

Having a list of names is a good start, especially when you go to pick up the puppy. When you see her in person, you will know what you want to name her. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picking a name......this is hard!   Picking a name......this is hard! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Picking a name......this is hard!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2