It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How does your dog play?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

Male Join date : 2013-01-31

How does your dog play? Empty
PostSubject: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:10 pm

On our nightly walk today Vegeta came across a absolutely stunning Lab puppy out on her potty break. The lab's owner wanted the pups to play so they did. It was a good play sess, but I did notice two things. First was that Vegeta was very dominate, he had the little girl on her back and was standing over her for a few seconds before they went back at it. No real surprise there, he has a lot of personality and a definite top dog (which is a good and a bad thing). The second was how vocal he was. He was growling the whole time. Not an aggressive growl just a playful growl. At first I was worried, don't want him to hurt the girl, but after a while it was obvious that was just his play voice and the other owner was fine with it so go with it.

My question is how does your sibe play? Are they loud and mouthy? Just mouthy? Like to bark? All of the above? In my experience with other dogs, each dog kinda seems to have their own way to play so what's your sibes?
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Pippa is loud, (sometimes overly) mouthy, and never stops. Seriously, I could be there for hours and she'd still try to play with dogs coming in on our way out.

She does her weird attempt at barking, she woo woos at dogs when they won't chase her, she growls some, she is EXTREMELY mouthy, and very dominant.

She gets too crazy at the park sometimes, so I'll get her away and make her sit for a few minutes, but she definitely the life of the park a lot of days.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Loki is a growler and grunter. He loves to chase and be chased. Depending on how the other dogs are playing is if he is mouthy or not. He also "butt bumps" other dogs into walls or corners. Haven't seen him get anyone on their back yet.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Kiba likes to play chase and be the one who's chased. Seems to be her favorite game at the dog park. She's part bunny rabbit too becuase she's always bouncing around. Usually if she gets caught she ends up rolling over in submission right away and then as soon as its safe gets back up and plays chase again lol. She's not mouthy or vocal but we did see one other (older) husky at the park and she was extremely vocal. Very growly sounding but not in a mean way at all just the way she sounded i guess.

Dogs are so funny arent they. Its always entertaining watching them
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Lol sounds pretty normal to me. When mine play it sounds like they are killing each other. Smile
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:37 pm

My girl plays with our neighbors 60 pound lab everyday for at least an hour and they do growl back and forth at each other but its sort of a quiet growl. It is definitely just a playful growl as they are best friends and whine looking out the windows for each other lol!

Did I forget to say they also climb every snow mound? LOL
How does your dog play? Image_16
Back to top Go down
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:39 pm

my two Zoë (the husky mix) and Maya play pretty rough together to the point where Zoë will make Maya whine but when Maya whines Zoë will always stop and give her a second and usually Maya will start the play back up. Zoë and Maya is sometimes a little mouthy but not a lot. Zoë is 39.7 pounds where right now Maya is 19.6 pounds and what Zoë doesn't realize is Maya is going to be bigger and heavier and the table are going to be turned.

i have a friend across the street that has a beagle the Zoë loves to play with and they play supper rough but they like it.
Back to top Go down
lpp06
Puppy
Puppy
lpp06

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Sky and Carter are EXTREMELY mouthy. Sky is extremely vocal while playing, she does this half growl/half woo sound that is really weird. Neither of them use their paws much with each other, couple swats here or there.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Bourbon has been mouthy as in chew tugging on the neck ruff. He started this in the beginning in playtime at class with all dogs adn always w Baylin at home trying to throw her on her back. Most of the time they play growl and sometimes Bourbon whines/yelps and Baylin will have to be told to settle so she will bark at him. Right now he is not that vocal unless the neigborhood dogs are out and he is not free to run to the fence. Then he gets VERY vocal with a whiney bark or eeee noise that to me is pure baby. He loses to paw aat Bayling or nudge her when she is sleeping and he wants to play waiting for him to realize if he barks she will wake up.

This is him "chewing" and pulling her into play.
How does your dog play? 20130214

Onyx_Blitz
Teenager
Teenager
Onyx_Blitz

Male Join date : 2012-09-12

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Onyx is mouthy when other dogs won't play with him. He is also a nibbler, on the back of the neck and the feet. I have to watch though, because he will use his paws on shorter dogs, its kind of funny but he is a slapper...lol.

One time when we met another husky at petsmart, we decided to let them play a little in the store. She was really mouthy and people were looking at us like the dogs were fighting. We were cracking up.
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:58 pm

This all sounds very fimiliar!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Crispin
Newborn
Newborn
Crispin

Male Join date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Crispin wrestles, chases, gets chased, and what has been dubbed "puppy boxing" in our playgroup. He is extremely mouthy, especially with spitz-type dogs and GSDs. When he's tired he'll just lay down and bite onto another dogs face and let it do the same (seems to be a really common GSD thing). He loves to be on his back when wrestling, but is insistent that someone put him there. He's entirely too forward and will bite/box another dog's face before doing a proper greeting unless forced to do so by us.

We don't let him be loud. He'll bark if no one is paying attention to him (his "come chase me!"), but while running/wrestling he's pretty quite so we stop him if he starts barking/growling/whining since it almost always means he's overstimulated, upset, or something hurt.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Karli is very submissive, so she ususally ends up on her back quite frequently. She doesn't bark, she only barks at my hubby when he wont play with her actually. She licks their faces to make them chase her and she gets good results that way. She attempts to wrestle but she's not very good at it which is why she ends up on her back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does your dog play?   How does your dog play? Empty

Back to top Go down

How does your dog play?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1