It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Currently feeding blue buffalo?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

Currently feeding blue buffalo? Empty
PostSubject: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:48 am

I want some opinions on people who are currently feeding blue buffalo... Koda is just finishing up his first bag of BBW puppy.. He loves it!! But im nervous with everyone complaing lately about it.. I havnt really looked into the issues people are having with it.. So i was wodering if anyone knew anything about it.. And if anyone is switching out of BB.. If so what are you switching too cause i have no idea what to go to..
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:55 am

I know I saw a recall thread here maybe search recall but this might help you.

*** DOG FOOD ALERT ***
Complaints are piling in about diarrhea, vomiting, seizures.
BLUE BUFFALO & NUTRO/NUTRO NATURAL
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/blue_buffalo.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/nutro.html

cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 am

I love blue buffalo. I just switched Karli onto the adult salmon wilderness version. There's no way I could switch to anything else as BB is the only decent dog food we have around here. I haven't had any issues with it. And some dogs are sensitive to things that other dogs aren't. My policy always is, if it ain't broke don't fix it!
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 am

I also feed BBW. I rotate between the flavors. I haven't had any issues with it so far. Unless there's a recall, I'm not going to worry too much.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:43 am

If you are very concerned with recalls (like I am) signed up for email alerts from
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recalls/ . Any recalls that happen come to my inbox and I tend to share on the forum. Last time BB was recalled was 2010.

*Edit I currently feed Loki Blue buffalo Wilderness puppy, before that he was Blue buffalo freedom for puppies and before that when we first got him he was eat blue buffalo life protection for puppies. We have not have any issues*
Back to top Go down
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

Male Join date : 2013-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:50 am

I have been feed Vegeta BBW Puppy and he destroys it as soon as I put it down. I haven't had any problem with it. He has tons of energy, coat looks good (could use a little more brushing but that's just because he doesn't like brushing), and his stool looks fine to me.

I'm limited on what I can buy where I live so I'm going to be sticking with it until their is an official recall or something happens (that sounds so bad but what else can you do? everyone has some form of negative reviews).
Back to top Go down
5woofs
Puppy
Puppy
5woofs

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 am

My pack didn't do well on BB... BIG stinky numerous poops. :/ And with 5 big dogs you don't want that, there's enough poo out there as it is, haha.

We use Earthborn Holistics grain-free. We used to use Canidae, and loved it, but Luka can't have rice, and their grain-free is crazy expensive while Earthborn's is more reasonably priced. I do know a lot of people that feed Blue though and never heard anyone have a problem. But it never hurts to have a couple brands of "go to" food just in case something crops up like this.
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Both of my dogs are on blue currently. We feed BBW. We don't have any problems except since getting the puppy, my older one wants to eat the puppy food and it seriously has given him the runs. Otherwise we've finally had good firm poops from Darwin (the older). He had a horrible cause of the runs throughout his whole puppy life basically.

My only thing is that I'm not sure if they love it. I read on here that peoples dogs just inhale it when it's put down. Mine will pick at it and leave it and then come back for more later. Not sure if it's just a Siberian Husky breed thing or they would rather eat something else.
Back to top Go down
Robinhuskylover2231
Teenager
Teenager
Robinhuskylover2231

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 2:08 pm

I fed Cally Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon Flavour from 6 months-like a week ago (a year and a month and a half) and she never had any issues on it. I was considering switching for a while and when I read all those complaints I made the decision to make the switch. I switched her to Orijen which is more expensive but also a grain-free Canadian brand of food.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 2:24 pm

darbear wrote:
Both of my dogs are on blue currently. We feed BBW. We don't have any problems except since getting the puppy, my older one wants to eat the puppy food and it seriously has given him the runs. Otherwise we've finally had good firm poops from Darwin (the older). He had a horrible cause of the runs throughout his whole puppy life basically.

My only thing is that I'm not sure if they love it. I read on here that peoples dogs just inhale it when it's put down. Mine will pick at it and leave it and then come back for more later. Not sure if it's just a Siberian Husky breed thing or they would rather eat something else.

Honestly, I'd be happy they aren't inhaling. My female never inhaled any food, regardless of what it was...and I'm okay with that. Less chance of bloat and choking.

There's really no reason to get upset about Blue. Not to mention, Canidae, on the same website is under scrutiny for similar things. All kibble comes with risk, as does all raw and all canned. Any food can have a recall, and probably has - including Orijen and Acana. Blue is a fine food to feed, IMO.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:51 pm

I just recently started weening Selena over to Wellness Core grain free puppy from BBW puppy...She was having awful gas (you had to leave the room lolol), smelly smelly poops and then started to get mushy so I was a little concerned when I started reading all the reviews and seen her vet. Her vet said they have seeing so many dogs come in for vomiting, diarrhea etc and BB was the common thing between them all. Her gas is already gone and poops are 90% better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:09 am

Same thing here. BBW is causing some major issues with our patients as well. Acute vomiting, raging diarrhea, lethargy, significant weightloss, abnormal kidney and liver values, etc. I've never been a fan of BB anyway, that's quite a well know fact around here lol I can always tell when a patient is being fed BB because there is always a ridiculous amount of plant material in the fecal flotations.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:20 am

I am not a fan of BB either, but I have kept my mouth shut because so many people like it.

My pack didn't do well on it at all. Kennedy who never turns her nose up at food unless something is seriously wrong, would kind of push the food around in her bowl and only eat about half of it and my Standard Poodle wouldn't even touch it. Kennedy was also shedding a lot more then normal on it and she had awful gas and loose stools..like ice cream poo. We had been feeding BBW. I don't really ever recommend BB.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Currently feeding blue buffalo?   Currently feeding blue buffalo? Empty

Back to top Go down

Currently feeding blue buffalo?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1