It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

Female Join date : 2013-03-17

Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) Empty
PostSubject: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi everyone!

Is anyone in the Winter Park / Orlando area?

I've looked for some groups but I can only find ones primarily around Tampa.
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Hey!

I live in Orlando (well parts of the time when I'm not at school). I'm apart of a group on Facebook for local meet ups in Orlando for Huskies. It's called CFLSnowdogs! They meet up on a pretty regular basis it seems at several different parks throughout the Orlando area. Though I haven't had the chance to meet up with them since I found out about them at the end of my spring break.

I'd love to try to do a meet up when I get back to Orlando. It should be in a couple weeks or so.
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:39 pm

Would you consider Melbourne close enough? Smile

I have a job interview in Melbourne next week (well, first a Skype interview then hopefully a second interview in Melb). If all goes well I would be relocating - probably to the North Melb/Vierra area. I hear they have a section of beach for dogs.
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Hey Liz!

I did join one of those groups... I thought it was the Tampa one. I couldn't find one that I thought was for an Orlando area! I need to find that. But yeah, let us know when you're in town! Smile

Hey Samantha! Smile Melbourne is about an hour and a half away from us, so that's a bit far Razz

I don't mind drives but I need to learn how to drive the Fiance's car first. (Mine recently died, and his is a stick shift. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 5:46 pm

I used to make it from Melb to UCF in 50 minutes, but that was back when I was young and drove like a crazy person. Razz I'm hoping I get the chance to move back to Florida. If so, I'll gladly make the drive for a meet up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:02 pm

I'll definitely let you know when I'm in town! If not within the next couple weeks, definitely in about 6 weeks I'll be back.

Yeah look up that one on facebook, because it seems pretty active, people are constantly posting on that page, but it was kind of hard for me to originally track down on facebook.

Have you guys ventured out to Fleet Peoples Park on Lake Baldwin yet? During the week it's not too busy, but on the weekend it get's pretty slammed.

Samantha if you move back, when I get to town it would be awesome to plan a meet up with all the dogs!
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Hey Liz and Sam!

Haha, Sam, I've been told I drive like a grandma. Sad I'm assuming that means impossibly slow? (Although, I enjoy the way my Grandma drives. Maybe that's saying something...) Anyway!

Give me an automatic and I'll make a drive to Clearwater in an hour and a half! Razz I've recently been trying to learn the ways of The Manual. Thus far I've managed to stall it at several lights, and accidentally shift into first from second (instead of third). Doh!

I'd love to get to hang with you guys! I will be visiting Fleet Peoples Park when he's old enough! I haven't been there yet but to my knowledge it's the only dog park near us! It is literally, though, two blocks away. (I'm pretty sure. At least Lake Baldwin is.) The vet we're taking him to is right there, too!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:21 pm

CFLSnowdogs - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CFLSnowdogs/?fref=ts
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Thanks Jennet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:45 pm

You're welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Chelsi once you get the hang of the manual you'll have a blast with it! I love driving my boyfriends manual. Though at first I used to get super nervous at stop lights, and then when we moved to Tallahassee with all the hills. It was a tad bit intimidating.

Fleet peoples is on Lake Baldwin so it's probably right around the corner for you guys then! My two love to get in the lake there. It'll be nice for you that you're so close within walking distance, so you can make frequent trips when Koda is older!
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 pm

darbear wrote:
Chelsi once you get the hang of the manual you'll have a blast with it! I love driving my boyfriends manual. Though at first I used to get super nervous at stop lights, and then when we moved to Tallahassee with all the hills. It was a tad bit intimidating.

Fleet peoples is on Lake Baldwin so it's probably right around the corner for you guys then! My two love to get in the lake there. It'll be nice for you that you're so close within walking distance, so you can make frequent trips when Koda is older!

YEEEEES!!! Oh my gosh, that is the same exact thing that makes me nervous! And there's a light at Semoran where you ALWAYS roll backwards--even if just a little. I always get so scared someone is too close behind me and that I'll hit them. (We all know how Florida drivers are, lol!) I'm starting to have a little more fun now--seeing how fast it will go and such. Razz

Yup! It certainly is. I can't wait to go there with him! Maybe we'll get to go check it out tomorrow--I haven't even been there before.
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Yeah we have plenty of lights here too that are on hills, with tons of college drivers so they stop basically right on your bumper. My heart used to race so much. I still get nervous when I stop on a hill I don't know, or something extremely steep. Someone has told me though, not sure if it's 100% true or not, but in the state of Florida, if you roll back and hit someone it's their fault, since technically you're supposed to stop a car length behind a car & you're supposed to be able to see the bottom of their back wheels. Since driving a manual, I definitely give people a lot more space when we stop. But I know the fun part! It's crazy how fast they can accelerate, though my boyfriend is much better at it then me. I still accelerate slowly most of the time!

Go and check it out for sure. It's definitely crazy on the weekends especially if it's nice outside. But during the week, if you can go during the day, it's not too bad and there is a regular group of people that show up. I've met plenty of people there that have sibe's as well. I can't wait to get back home!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:55 pm

The meet ups on CFLSnowdogs are a little sporadic right now. I've been WAY busy and don't always post them. But ideally, there should be a meet up almost every weekend. First weekend at Paw Park in Sanford, second weekend at Waggin Tails park in Orange City, and third weekend at Barkley Square park in Deland. Any other weekends are left up to what people want and you can always post on there to find people near by who would want to meet at a park. I meet up with a couple of ladies at Waggin Tails park near me a lot of mornings.

Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Yikes, I just realized Deland, Sanford, and Orange City are all about a 30+ minute drive from Downtown Orlando. Do people from Downtown/winter park area make it out there regularly for the meet up, or are the meet up people a bit more local to the area? When I'm home from school, I'm gonna try to make it out there.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:51 am

There are a few who make it from Winter Springs I believe. We used to have meet ups at Barnett, but hardly anyone would show up so we stopped. We had one or two at Fleet, but too many were concerned about the low fences and lack of fence when it hits the lake. And we had some at Hound Grounds, but I think either it was too crowded due to some training classes going on at the same time or hardly anyone showed up to those either. If you have any good suggestions for a good park, let me know.

Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:30 am

I've heard there's one in dr.phillips http://www.bringfido.com/attraction/2342/
Back to top Go down
Wolfpack5
Newborn
Newborn
Wolfpack5

Female Join date : 2013-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:19 pm

I live 10mins away from Winter Park
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)   Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area) Empty

Back to top Go down

Central Florida Dogs (Orlando Area)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1