It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Natural Balance Dry Dog Food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Switch to Natural Balance
Good Idea- Make the Switch
Natural Balance Dry Dog Food Vote_lcap0%Natural Balance Dry Dog Food Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Okay Idea- Keeping Looking
Natural Balance Dry Dog Food Vote_lcap100%Natural Balance Dry Dog Food Vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
Bad Idea- Find Something Else
Natural Balance Dry Dog Food Vote_lcap0%Natural Balance Dry Dog Food Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

Female Join date : 2013-03-01

Natural Balance Dry Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Natural Balance Dry Dog Food   Natural Balance Dry Dog Food EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 pm

I have already looked on the Dog Food Advisor site and like the look of it. It isn't the greatest dog food, but it is pretty good. It's better than what I'm forced to feed my girls right now. Razz It also isn't too bad on price which is a big deal for me since I am currently taking care of 2 rabbits (pellets, hay, veggies & litter), 2 cats (dry and wet foods & litter), and 3 dogs (dry food & everything else I want to get them like treats and things).
Dog Food Advisor Page

Just trying to get some opinions on it before I make a switch. Kumari is very sensitive and will throw up from basically any and all foods/treats tried so far. Mady and Phoenix have stopped eating all of their food right away as they used to. Mady is 9 (in May) and her teeth are bad so I understand that may be the issue. Phoenix is 3 (in May) though and I'm not sure if she doesn't like the taste or if it is just filling her up faster. They each get 2 cups a day, but Kumari should be getting 2.5 cups. However, too much food at once can make her sick. She will eat it even if she isn't hungry because she doesn't want the other dogs or cats to "steal" it, even though none of them would. She does not resource guard it, just stands above it for a while slowly eating it to make sure the others don't take it.

I know Kumari would probably benefit from a better food, even grain free or chicken free, but I don't know about Phoenix. I'm unsure if she needs better food or if I just need to change how I feed her. She is fed twice a day, she has been fine for 2 years always eating when I feed her, and I was feeding her closer to 3 cups a day to keep up with her energy and metabolism, then I convinced my parents none of them needed to be on healthy weight food, and switched her to normal dog food and lowered her to 2 cups. Once the change was made she started eating little to almost nothing. Should I start taking the food away after a set amount of time if she doesn't eat it in the morning or evening to start teaching her to eat it when it is available? I just don't see the point of this because she doesn't pick at it during the day or night or anything. Normally she eats a few pieces and then lets it just sit until the next meal. She eats more if I stay in one place that she can see me and I don't move, but still not all of her food.

My questions are:
1. Does anyone here feed their dogs this and what do they think about it?
2. Those that don't feed this, do you think it looks like a good idea?
3. Should I be changing the way I feed Phoenix?
4. Any ideas why she may have suddenly started doing this?

Thanks for any and all help.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mette.c.smith
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Natural Balance Dry Dog Food   Natural Balance Dry Dog Food EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 4:44 pm

I would suggest Taste of the Wild, it is pretty inexpensive and grain free.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Natural Balance Dry Dog Food   Natural Balance Dry Dog Food EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:52 pm

Thanks Megan. How much is "inexpensive" though. lol
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Natural Balance Dry Dog Food   Natural Balance Dry Dog Food EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:57 pm

I think when I fed it it was 45 for a 30lb bag. Cheaper than natural balance from what I can see.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Natural Balance Dry Dog Food   Natural Balance Dry Dog Food EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:03 pm

Okay. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Natural Balance Dry Dog Food   Natural Balance Dry Dog Food EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Heart.Of.A.Wolf wrote:
Thanks Megan. How much is "inexpensive" though. lol

on petflow taste of the wild is $48.99 for a 30lb bag and nature balance is $49.99-$61.99, depending on the flavor you get, for a 28lb bag
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Natural Balance Dry Dog Food   Natural Balance Dry Dog Food EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:00 am

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natural Balance Dry Dog Food   Natural Balance Dry Dog Food Empty

Back to top Go down

Natural Balance Dry Dog Food

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1