It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

She opened her tummy! D:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SilverLeaf
Newborn
Newborn
SilverLeaf

Female Join date : 2013-04-09

She opened her tummy! D: Empty
PostSubject: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 pm

My Girl Zoey was spayed about a week ago. My mom took her cone off about 2 days ago saying she would be fine, she has more experience with spayed/ neutered animals than I do, and for the 2 days she was. She didn't worry at it or anything, and all was good. But a little while ago I heard a weird almost sucking noise and saw her going at it. I grabbed her and looked at her tummy and she opened up half of it. D: I called the vet and she said put the cone back on (which I already had) and put her in a clean quiet area and keep her quiet (which won't happen because she is alone in her kennel yet knows people are in the house, though she should settle soon). But I cleaned it off a little as gent;y as I could and now I am wondering, should I let it stay dry, or maybe put some triple antibiotic on it to help fend off any infection or anything that she may get from her being outside/ having licked hewed at it? What do you all think? I am going in tomorrow morning and she is getting staples I think the vet said, so it will stay closed and heal, but I don't know if I should keep it dry, and risk chance of infection, or put the antibiotic on it. >_< Help please!
Back to top Go down
NovasHuman
Teenager
Teenager
NovasHuman

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 pm

Oh no! I'd prob follow the vets advice or call my vet tech friend crying, good luck!
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:46 pm

I can not say for positive as I do not think I used anything on stiches but my vet suggests polysporin NOT neosporin. I am not sure of the difference but some chemical is different and the polysporin brand works better. She had us yse it on an open tear wound.

SilverLeaf
Newborn
Newborn
SilverLeaf

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 pm

I ended up calling my vet and she said the triple was fine since it was all I had. Zoey came home without stitches, just sutchers ( I KNOW I spelled that wrong..) on the inside to dissolve, and I think possibly glue on the outside. I don't know, but no stitches or staples. Tomorrow morning she gets some staples though, poor girl. Sadly I work 8 hours over the next 2 days, but I am gonna trust my siblings to keep an eye on her when they get home from school (3 hours after I leave for work).
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Good luck.....I forgot internals and glue recent fix wad a nueter ladt spay was five years ago and I was thinking external stitches. Oh well good luck maybe ask for a small amount of sedative to keep her calm for two days.

SilverLeaf
Newborn
Newborn
SilverLeaf

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:14 pm

HuskyLear wrote:
Good luck.....I forgot internals and glue recent fix wad a nueter ladt spay was five years ago and I was thinking external stitches. Oh well good luck maybe ask for a small amount of sedative to keep her calm for two days.

Hmm, I may just do that and see if I can. Hopefully she heals fast after the staples go in. I have friday off and a very short (only 3.5 hour shift at my other job saturday. And sunday is only 5.5 hours. So she should be ok for them, especially with my mom and siblings home. I am just worried, because they want to yell at her or just put her outside when she is barking and whining in her kennel. Sad They are used to dogs that not only don't have separation anxiety, but also ones that are mostly outside, or just quiet in general. Sad I have talked to them, and they are all getting better, but I still sometimes worry about their patience wearing thin, and them taking it out on her while she is still learning :C
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Soo scary! :S I hope she gets all fixed up alright.
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:01 am

I thought Neosporin was better than Poly, no...?
Back to top Go down
SilverLeaf
Newborn
Newborn
SilverLeaf

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 5:03 am

I don't know if one is better, all I know is the vet said I could use the triple and it looks like it has sealed itself (scabbed over). I am contemplating calling first thing in the morning before going into the vet and asking her about it. Since it is sealed I don't know if I need the staples, but I plan to call everything and tell her about it and ask her opinion. If she still suggests I do staples, I will, if not I will keep her under close observation and try to keep her as calm as possible. Hopefully she won't mind being kenneled too much, as again I do have long shifts at work over the next 2 days, but if she doesnt need staples I will be hoping to keep her as inactive as a husky puppy can be. Maybe just a lot of tug-o-war or something that won't let her risk opening it at all. A walk shouldn't hurt her.
Back to top Go down
SilverLeaf
Newborn
Newborn
SilverLeaf

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:36 pm

So I called the vet this morning and she didn't have to go in because it was sealed. I don't like that there is a bulge, but I think it is just the undisolved sutchers (still prolly spelling this terribly wrong). Gonna keep an eye on her and possibly send a photo to the vet to ask her opinion again. She is cone headed again till fully healed. I am gonna keep her activities to a minimum if I can. Gonna go take her on a calm 2 mile walk right now though and see how it goes. Smile
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Glad to hear she's ok! Smile
Back to top Go down
SilverLeaf
Newborn
Newborn
SilverLeaf

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 11:47 pm

yeah, she was getting restless so I took her on a 2 mile walk/ run, more walking than running, just to get her to drop some energy, she seems content now back in her cone and not trying to run around anymore. Smile
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:59 am

Glad its going ok

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: She opened her tummy! D:   She opened her tummy! D: Empty

Back to top Go down

She opened her tummy! D:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1