It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Bathroom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JayBeeMusik22
Newborn
Newborn
JayBeeMusik22

Male Join date : 2010-05-31

Bathroom Empty
PostSubject: Bathroom   Bathroom EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Ok my 2mth old girl does fine when she has to use the bathroom, she'll wake me up to go outside the room, She waits to go pooh when she's outside but some times it seems as if she thinks the hard wood floor thats right outside my room (dining room/kitchen) is the area to go pee. Any advice?

P.s.

Any advice on how to help stop her from trying to eat anything off the ground in the house? Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Bathroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathroom   Bathroom EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:41 pm

i know Tori will have some info for you but what i have been reading about others who are potty training puppies ( i have not) you need to take them out every 2-3 hrs regardless if they have to go or not. that will stop most accidents from happening in the house. being a puppy it takes a few more month for them to get better at it and hold it longer. if you catch your girl in the act correct her and take her out side right away. you can not do to much if you find it after the fact as they will not "get it". as far as eating stuff off the floor you can't really stop that at any age, you just have to keep food from hitting the floor. ( you are talking about food right?) if she is eating socks or shoes or anything like that you just need to puppy proof your area and not leave that stuff around. i believe a husky does not learn from you, you learn from your husky and some one had a funny saying some where but what i have learned from our huskies is no food on the ground is safe, no paper is safe if left alone, if you ask them to do something they talk back, see where im going with that...

can't wait to hear more of your puppy adventures Smile and welcome again.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Bathroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathroom   Bathroom EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum! Smile

Jenn is absolutely right. A puppy cannot hold it in for more hours than he is months old. Thus, your 2 month old girl should be going out every 2 hours and you can't really expect her to hold it in longer than that.

Check out the Potty Training Sticky thread:
Potty Training

That will give you some helpful tips and hints. Smile

I will also say that for hardwood floors, make sure you are THOROUGHLY cleaning the area. If the wood stain/sealer is still in good condition, you should be fine, but you want to make sure that you use an enzyme cutter to actually get rid of the smell. Otherwise she's going to keep going there because she thinks it is okay.

Bathroom Hailey10
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

Bathroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathroom   Bathroom EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Welcome! She is a cutie! I am not one for help on the potty-training, as all mine were aopted when at least a yeard old, and they seem to learn from one another.
Actually, I have no help on the eating everything off the floor issue, either. They find anything and everything to put in their mouths. One of ours ate rocks and needed surgery, and another here on the forum has a dog who ate a dishrag and needed surgery. Not trying to scare you, just want you to realize what you are up against. Practice all diligence when a husky is involved....

My hubby is the one who said you do not train a husky, the husky trains you...they train you to NOT leave things on the counter, they train you to NOT leave your socks lying around, etc., etc., etc.......

Can't wait to see her grow!
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

Bathroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathroom   Bathroom EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:01 am

I totally agree with amy!!! My sniper has had 2 surgeries pertaining to eating things. I dont recommend this to anyone! Its very expensive!!! Keep things picked up off the floor or put your pup in a basket muzzle. This is only for their safety! You live and you learn. Our sniper started out eating our 2 year olds socks and pooped them out well she finally got a rag!! but it got stuck! and she still hasnt learned after surgery number 2! so we are still working on it! Good luck and nice looking pup! cant wait to see more pics!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bathroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathroom   Bathroom Empty

Back to top Go down

Bathroom

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1