It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nolesooner
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2013-04-08

My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! Empty
PostSubject: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 7:47 pm

Ok, this is probably a stupid question...but I figured that pups were supposed to loose teeth, but I wasn't sure of when.

She is bleeding pretty good. What is the best way to stop the bleeding? It's hard to hold a tissue there.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Do you mean 4 and a half month? That's about when Bode started losing teeth, completely normal. Though I never really noticed him bleeding any.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 2:22 am

Lucian bled sometimes losing teeth. It should stop on it's own after a few minutes. I wouldn't bother with a tissue, just let it clot by itself.
Back to top Go down
Me & Ghost
Puppy
Puppy
Me & Ghost

Female Join date : 2012-11-30

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Don't worry too much, it'll stop by itself Wink I remember playing with Ghost, and everytime I looked at my hands or arms I saw blood in them.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Karli was losing teeth and anytime I caught her bleeding I'd give her a frozen wash cloth to promote the teeth to fall out lol. So definitely normal. Frozen wash clothes will help with teething too.
Back to top Go down
nolesooner
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 pm

HAHAHA...yes I meant for and a half month old....lol.

Frozen wash cloths huh? Do they really like that? Thats a very interesting idea that I will have to try. Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm still new to this puppy thing, but it is sure worth it.
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 pm

we used to do the frozen wash cloths for my children when they were teething, my Grandmother called them sugartits because we used slightly sweetened water. If he doesn't like just plain water you could try watered down beef or chicken broth. Although judging by how quickly my dog chomps down on ice cubes i don't think the flavor will matter lol. Whatever you do don't use Origel, our doctor told us it can toughen the gums and prolong the teething process.
Back to top Go down
nolesooner
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:06 pm

ramoscl wrote:
we used to do the frozen wash cloths for my children when they were teething, my Grandmother called them sugartits because we used slightly sweetened water. If he doesn't like just plain water you could try watered down beef or chicken broth. Although judging by how quickly my dog chomps down on ice cubes i don't think the flavor will matter lol. Whatever you do don't use Origel, our doctor told us it can toughen the gums and prolong the teething process.

Lol, Juno LOVES ice cubes. So I can see that freezing a wash cloth with water would be fine.

I do have a question about her water drinking though.

How much water should I giver her a day? I have heard .5 to 1 full ounce per lb the dog weighs. She weighs about 24 lbs right now, but I feel like if I give her 24 ounces of water, she has to pee every 10-20 minutes. Is that normal?
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:18 pm

i never measured how much water Dakota gets. IF the water bowl is empty i refill it. When he was younger he had free access to h2o all day and at 7pm i'd pick it up take him out last thing before bed and he stopped having to pee in the middle of the night. Although we lived in a town house with a fenced in back yard so it wasn't a big deal to open the back door every 20 min to let him out to pee Smile
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:16 pm

I have never measured water either. I just fill up the water bowl when it's empty Very Happy . I don't think it really matters how much water they get; unless of course when the water intake is abnormal. I give my girls 24 hour access to water and always have.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:21 pm

Same here...never really monitored Karli's water intake either. And take it up an hour before she's supposed to go to bed.
Back to top Go down
nolesooner
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:52 am

Man....you guys are lucky. My dog will wake up to pee many hours a night if I do that. I was told by my vet that a dog should only drink one ounce per pound that they weight.

Of course, when I got my dog, she developled a bladder infection, and that DIDN'T help her peeing. Since then, I think she is now cured of her bladder infection, but she still wakes up EVERY night in the middle of the night to go pee. I don't know why!!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 3:51 pm

It could be that she's used to that...that because of the bladder infection whenever she has to go she goes. Although, to be honest, when Karli was that age I was still getting up at midnight to take her out to potty. I didn't cut out the midnight potty time til she was six months old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!   My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!! Empty

Back to top Go down

My 4 and a half week old husky just lost a tooth?!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1