It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from Wisconsin!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

Hello from Wisconsin!! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Wisconsin!!   Hello from Wisconsin!! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Hello from Wisconsin!!
I'm Hughie from Delavan in southeastern Wisconsin recently reborn into the world of huskies.
My first I had from a pup and kept here until she was around 13 years and she lost mobility and was put down as a kindness. Maya is my current husky, she is seven years old and still acts three. A very fun companion and exercise partner. I just adopted her in January and she has worked in a harness with a great enthusiasm, with the exception of a great smell or "pee mail" that might make stop suddenly and cause dad to crash. Grandkids love her too, avatar pic is my Maya and oldest Granddaughter mushing a kick sled.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin!!   Hello from Wisconsin!! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Welcome! We're in Eau Claire, WI Smile

Have you joined our Wisconsin meet up group? We currently have 3 meets a month, one in Kenosha, one in Oshkosh and one in Eau Claire.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/174458369271335/
Back to top Go down
Cyberpup
Puppy
Puppy
Cyberpup

Male Join date : 2013-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin!!   Hello from Wisconsin!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:36 am

Welcome Hughie! It’s always fun to meet folks from Wisconsin. I grew up over on the Lake Michigan side of the state. At the moment, Colorado looks and feels like Wisconsin: we’ve had over a foot of snow in the last few days. My huskies just love it!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Super Nova
Teenager
Teenager
Super Nova

Male Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin!!   Hello from Wisconsin!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:09 am

Welcome to the group!
What parts of southeast WI? I grew up in Lake Geneva~ Hope you aren't getting too hard with crazy weather up there.
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin!!   Hello from Wisconsin!! EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:27 am

Thank-you all for the welcome! Jennet I do not Facebook but the some of the Grandkids do so I'll see if they can check the group out. Nova tell your keepers I am from Delavan sometimes known as the red headed stepchild of Lake Geneva...and I agree these are not the droids we're looking for. Move along wave
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin!!   Hello from Wisconsin!! EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:48 am

Welcome fellow Wisconsinite! wave
Back to top Go down
Super Nova
Teenager
Teenager
Super Nova

Male Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin!!   Hello from Wisconsin!! EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Hughie wrote:
.... from Delavan sometimes known as the red headed stepchild of Lake Geneva...

I laughed so hard when I read this. Genoa City is worse! I had the delight of living there for a while too. Delavan has its nice parts.
Back to top Go down
HobbesKitten
Newborn
Newborn
HobbesKitten

Female Join date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin!!   Hello from Wisconsin!! EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:35 am

Hi! I'm from Madison, it's awesome to see other Wisconsonites around. I'm chomping at the bit to move back home to Wisconsin when my husband's enlistment is over, I miss the snow (I know, blasphemy to say when it's finally gone away)! I love the idea of husky meetups, hopefully they're still going strong when we finally make it back to the land of the cheese.

On a more serious note....
Hello from Wisconsin!! 26749133
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin!!   Hello from Wisconsin!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Wisconsin!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1