It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello From Charleston, SC! :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sw33t_angel
Puppy
Puppy
sw33t_angel

Female Join date : 2010-07-29

Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  Empty
PostSubject: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:50 am

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member, along with my 1 year old female husky named Sora! Smile

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Welcome to the forum!! Your fun is just beginning at 1yr old Smile Can't wait to see pictures!

Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:16 pm

Welcome! i was just in NC for a week, dang it is hot and sticky there. i can not wait to hear stories of your adventures with you girl Sora! feel free to start a scrapbook with pictures of her!

Puppy
Puppy
sw33t_angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Yes, it has been very hot!! Sora has been playing in her swimming pool a lot! Smile
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sw33t_angel
Puppy
Puppy
sw33t_angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Yes indeed. It is actually Japanese for "sky", and her blue eye symbolizes that perfectly, as well as the name is from a character in Kingdom Hearts which is a video game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:09 pm

LOL- where is Heather (Takoda) when you need her? You'd be her new best friend.

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:20 pm

OMG! Where in Charleston are you?! I've just moved to Charleston and have been hoping to find some other husky owners in the area. Very Happy We are currently staying in Mt Pleasant but we just bought a house out in Moncks Corner and will be moving in the end of August.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

Puppy
Puppy
sw33t_angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:44 pm

We actually just got a house in Mt. Pleasant! Smile Right off of Longpoint Road.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:57 am

Sounds like a meet-up is necessary!

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:03 pm

That's great! I was talking to a realtor in the Charleston area (he's not the realtor we used to find our house) and he was telling me that his daughter has a husky named Dakota (they call it Cody for short) and she lives in Mt Pleasant as well, she's in the Park West development where they have a dog park in the community. I would definitely love to meet up at some point, are you all settled in to Mt Pleasant already? Since we will still be in Mt Pleasant for another few weeks it would be a perfect time to meet up while we're still close by. :-) If you're interested please send me a PM.

Puppy
Puppy
sw33t_angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:37 am

We are actually moving everything in this weekend! So might take a week or so to get settled, but I will definitely try to set something up if you are still in the area! Smile
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:01 pm

We'll be in Mt Pleasant for about 3 more weeks before we move out to Moncks Corner. I would definitely love to get together before we leave Mt Pleasant. Of course I would still be game for occasional meet ups even after we've moved to Moncks Corner, but it'll be so much more convenient now while we're already in the area. Wink

Hope your move goes well, are you moving from out of state? We are moving from FL and with 3 weeks left till closing there is so much going on! lol

Puppy
Puppy
sw33t_angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:20 pm

House in Mt. Pleasant fell through, apparently it had a flea infestation and I am worried about bringing my dog in, and they are very hard to get rid of. I don't want to chance it, so it looks like I will be staying in MB for a little while longer.... Know of any rentals in Mt. P? Smile haha
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:28 pm

ewww fleas! good call you don't want to mess with that shit.

come to Colorado we don't have that issue. my goal is to get all the husky people to Colorado!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Aw man that's too bad. Eww, glad you didn't go into a home with a flea infestation...that's never fun. So is it back to the drawing board on your house hunting?

I'm sure there are rentals in MtP but I'm not in the know on that right now. We've been staying in a hotel in MtP for the past 6 months! Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  85993 I am so ready to move into our new house! Two and a half weeks till we close on ours!!! Very Happy

Hope you find something soon.

Newborn
Newborn
bjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Hey there ..I'm from Charleston also. I have a male( Koda ) and female ( Kara ) going this weekend to a rescue to maybe adopt a third. If y'all ever decide to meet up let me know. I would love to introduce ya to my husky family. Smile
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:15 pm

bjohnson wrote:
Hey there ..I'm from Charleston also. I have a male( Koda ) and female ( Kara ) going this weekend to a rescue to maybe adopt a third. If y'all ever decide to meet up let me know. I would love to introduce ya to my husky family. Smile

Hello and welcome! Are you actually in the city of Charleston? We'd love to do a meet up sometime after we get settled into our new house next week. I have Charleston down as my location since that is what more people will recognize but we actually live in Moncks Corner now.
Back to top Go down
sw33t_angel
Puppy
Puppy
sw33t_angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:22 am

I think we all need to meet up at some point! If I can ever get a house to rent in Charleston.... Nice to know of some great huskies families close by! Smile

Back to top Go down
sw33t_angel
Puppy
Puppy
sw33t_angel

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:54 pm

I think we finally got approved for a rental house in West Ashley!! I will keep you guys updated if I am "officially" moving! Would love to have a husky play date!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:49 am

Hi guys, since you're both in the Charleston area there's a 2010 Lowcountry Paws and Claws Pet Expo taking place at the Exchange Park Fairgrounds in Ladson from 11 am to 4 pm on Saturday, September 18, 2010.

I hope to be able to make it and it'd be great to meet some other huskies while we're there!

Admission and parking is free! Pets welcome but must be on a 4 ft non-retractable leash and you are responsible for picking up after your pet. There will be 65 vendor booths; races, contests, a mixed breed show and demonstrations; and a low cost microchip clinic from noon to 3 pm. The first 25 microchips (1 per family) will be free and the rest will be only $10 each. Events will be inside the Exhibit hall.

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Charleston, SC! :)    Hello From Charleston, SC! :)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello From Charleston, SC! :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1