It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Female Husky in Hobart, IN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

Female Join date : 2010-08-15

Female Husky in Hobart, IN Empty
PostSubject: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:44 pm

CeCe needs help! She originally came into the shelter as an owner surrender, however she was adopted 2 days ago and has come back as a bite case, the adopter said she snapped at her over a butter wrapper on the floor. She really needs to be given a chance and to be in the care of someone with the time to work with her She's still very young, 15 months old, she's spayed and utd on shots through September. She doesn't have long at our facility though, she has 9 days to find rescue! Please help and pass this along! Humane Society of Hobart - 219-942-0103 - 2054 East State Road 130 Hobart, IN 46342

Female Husky in Hobart, IN 100_1057

Female Husky in Hobart, IN 100_1051

Female Husky in Hobart, IN 100_1056
Back to top Go down
http://www.humanesocietyofhobart.org
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:18 am

Anyone in Indiana? Sad

Female Husky in Hobart, IN Hailey10
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Not in Indiana, but so very close. Man, I wish I could take her! I will ask around, tho. I wish shelters would make prospective owners take a short course, so they would know what to expect of Huskies. They wouldn't end up coming back so often. Sad
Back to top Go down
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:58 am

Unfortunately she has got to go to a reputable rescue, she cannot be adopted out, if anyone has any ties with rescues please help. I've been denied by every rescue in Indiana and those that haven't denied me just haven't responded. She's a good dog and will be pts after next Monday if I can't find as rescue to take her.
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:10 pm

I know only one private rescue and she is in No. MI. Plus she is in the process of moving. A few months from now, I'd be able to do something more. Makes me so sad....I will call Ronda anyway, just to ask.
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Did you try Pet Refuge in Mishawaka, IN?
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:34 pm

I've been emailing rescues in my area to see if anyone will do a long distance save... It's hard though since I can't take her in once she's rescued Sad

Back to top Go down
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:06 pm

Hadn't heard of the one in Mishawaka, I will send an email. I still haven't heard back from Northern Lights Sad
Back to top Go down
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:20 am

I think I found a rescue!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:33 am

Which one? Smile Yay!

Back to top Go down
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:35 am

Homes For Huskies in Lockport, IL
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:38 am

Awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and CeCe... thank you for all the hard work you do for these animals and please keep us updated!

EDIT: Did they say how they heard? Was it one that you emailed? I just realized that's one of the ones I emailed today... Keep us posted!

Back to top Go down
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:37 am

I emailed them around 8 last night and she replied fairly quickly. I emailed every breed specific rescue in the tristate area as well as Ohio and Pennsylvania(sp). I'm so excited I think I only slept about 4 hours last night!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Do we have official good news?

Back to top Go down
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Well she pretty officially told me she would take her when she emailed me but said she would rather wait until Thursday for a run to open up rather than having to put rescues in with her pack but that she would do it if she had to. My shelter has agreed to hold her until Thursday but now I haven't heard back from her since I emailed her to let her know that. I'm hopng she's just busy and will get back to me.
Oddly enough, I heard from 2 people at Northern Lights as well. 1 emailed me and said they couldn't take her and a different person called me and said they could take her, so that's a little confusing but I got the number of the woman who called me as a backup if this falls through which I pray doesn't happen!!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:09 pm

Myself as well. Can you email the other rescue back and ask them to get in touch with you to confirm Thursday because you just got a call back from another saying that they could take her. God forbid you get to Thursday and then no one can come get her?

Back to top Go down
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:53 pm

I emailed her immediately after I got her first message letting her know she did need rescue and that either my facility would hold her until Thursday or I would hold her at my home until Thursday if need be. I've called and left a message earlier, still waiitng on a call back or for her to email me again.
Back to top Go down
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:28 am

Confirmed, she's going to Homes for Huskies. I'm taking her out there Thursday morning and Linda is going to call me tomorrow to discuss what time and where!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:51 am

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:30 am

Autumn, thank you so much for the work that you do. I'm so glad that CeCe is going to find a home with a rescue and I hope she finds her forever home soon.

I hope you stick around with us and share your experience and stories. Welcome to the forum Smile

Back to top Go down
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:03 pm

OH MY GOD! I opened a sealed envelope left by the original owner today while I was looking over her vetting paperwork and guess what was inside?! PUPPY PICTURES!!!! Too stinking cute! Not sure if I'll be able to get them up here, they would need scanned. But they are actually breeder pictures from when she was first born through going home, as well as a picture of her mom, so I guess she's not a puppy mill/ petstore puppy like I originally thought she was, still probably a BYB pup but it's interesting to see the pictures, nice that whoever ends up with her will be able to have those baby pictures.
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:13 pm

YAY! So happy for Cece! I was unable to contact Ronda, and thought about your situation all weekend! So very, very happy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Autumn
Puppy
Puppy
Autumn

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:51 pm

Dropped her off with Linda at Homes for Huskies today! Cried allll the way home! I so wish I could have kept her!!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:08 am

Ok, this is soo weird! Before I got my puppy, Willow, I called Homes for Huskies (in September) asking specifically for CeCe...I saw her on petfinder.com. My preference was a red/white female to adopt and thought she was beautiful and wantd to inquire about adopting her. All I got was an answereing maching , so I left a message and they never called me back! About 3 weeks later I get a call from the Peoria Animal Shelter stating that Homes for Huskies gave them my name and number and thought I might be interested in two male Huskies/mixes in the shelter there. I had literally just gotten Willow. I was baffled as to why they (homes for Huskies) never called me back about CeCe but gave my name and number to the shelter. Why would they do that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female Husky in Hobart, IN   Female Husky in Hobart, IN Empty

Back to top Go down

Female Husky in Hobart, IN

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next