It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What's the worst your husky has done??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gatorgirl
Newborn
Newborn
gatorgirl

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? Empty
PostSubject: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 4:10 pm

While watching Zeus doing his best to look like a fur rug I thought back to those days in the beginning and all of the craziness and energy he had.  Then I remembered how one day (he must have been 1.5 and Sheeba was over 2) when be left them alone in the kitchen with a baby gate up to run a few small errands and when we got back home (in 30 mins or so) Zeus and Sheeba had shredded all of the linoleum from the kitchen floor!!!!  My husband walked in and walked right back out!!!  And to think, we normally crated them but what can I say -- I was naive!!!  

So that got me thinking --- what crazy things have your guys or gals done??  Now I know I'm new here but I thought it might be a fun thread to start.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Okami isn't old enough yet to give me a good shock yet, but the craziest thing she has ever done is get the zoomies... it is REALLY funny to watch.
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 4:56 pm

When I try to sleep in past 6 AM on the weekends this is what happens... Laughing what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? 1625187496 

what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? 12089711

what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? 42023910
Back to top Go down
evy0501
Newborn
Newborn
evy0501

Female Join date : 2013-08-12

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:30 pm

my dog found a box of powdered paste,I didn't even know was in the house, while i was sleeping. when i got to the basement it was everywhere! it looked like it snowed down there.
Back to top Go down
gatorgirl
Newborn
Newborn
gatorgirl

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:46 pm

lillith87 wrote:
Okami isn't old enough yet to give me a good shock yet, but the craziest thing she has ever done is get the zoomies... it is REALLY funny to watch.

I have to ask what are zoomies???
Back to top Go down
gatorgirl
Newborn
Newborn
gatorgirl

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Wow Laura!!! They were like no sleeping in for you mom!!! Geez
Back to top Go down
gatorgirl
Newborn
Newborn
gatorgirl

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:50 pm

evy0501 wrote:
my dog found a box of powdered paste,I didn't even know was in the house, while i was sleeping. when i got to the basement it was everywhere! it looked like it snowed down there.
Talk about a mess!! One of those things you have to laugh at once you know that they are okay
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Evie's eating a live baby bunny under my kitchen table kinda took the cake 'round here affraid Before we got her I had heard one too many horror stories about the damage they can do when left uncrated so I vowed she'd never have that freedom when we aren't home.
Back to top Go down
gatorgirl
Newborn
Newborn
gatorgirl

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:30 pm

JillC wrote:
Evie's eating a live baby bunny under my kitchen table kinda took the cake 'round here affraid Before we got her I had heard one too many horror stories about the damage they can do when left uncrated so I vowed she'd never have that freedom when we aren't home.
Not a baby bunny! Holy cow that would take the cake!! I would take torn floors or furniture over something like that, imo
Back to top Go down
gatorgirl
Newborn
Newborn
gatorgirl

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:31 pm

And I just realized what zoomies are. We would say that they were freaking out again! The zoomies is a cute saying Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:26 pm

We left the pups in the kitchen baby gated in while we went out to dinner. We thought they were exhausted from the dog park, but looks like I was wrong.

what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? 551126_129052233906300_1303398847_n

From then on we decided to crate the dog's while we left. Hayden however decided to pull in my $400 down comforter.

what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? 1069884_297379480406907_1295096320_n

Nicky shredded our tax papers.

what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? 553460_127716670706523_1878961147_n

Along w/a case of bottle waters.

what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? 304710_127277007417156_378018069_n

One remote down

what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? 384729_127715860706604_415858742_n

These are the only one's I've taken pictures of, but there has been much more!
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 11:29 pm

well blu is a week shy of a year now and his worst memorable ones would have to be...

destroying my $100 brand new pair of addidas (yes i love my addidas) didn't even give me a chance to wear them once. destroyed one of a friends $13,000 antique couch, drank and entire hot pot of coffee (oh my god that day... now i only make one cup at a time).

there's many more but those have got to be the worst thus far.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Delilah shredded a few $20's. She's well behaved most of the time. I leave her uncrated most of the time because of her back and I only come home to a mess every once and while (she likes to shred paper).

Cato:

- 5 dogs beds
- a couch
- a check for $3600.00
-my homework...I know how cliche that sounds.
-a conducting baton
-stamps
-plastic cups - HE Loves to kill these, not eat them.

I think that's about it for now. He is crated whenever we aren't home because he likes to kill things.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:08 am

So far Bane and Willow have done the following....

- chewed two corners in the hallway
- destroyed a bookcase [ran into it...]
- ate a $400.00 check
- ate a corner of my ottoman
- ate two corners of my coffee table
- destroyed a box of ziploc baggies [were on the counter]
- destroyed the box, luckily not the pads to the swiffer!

They've also chewed up a corner of our old entertainment stand, but it was pretty much destroyed in the move from Texas to California, so I wasn't too upset over that. They still got a time-out though when we caught them chewing on it. >.<
Back to top Go down
SkyPlusUs
Teenager
Teenager
SkyPlusUs

Female Join date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:27 am

Phoenix has
Ate the waste pipe off my washer
Chewed a hole in the front of my sofa
Destroyed 3 TV leads - luckily they weren't plugged in, he found them in a box when we moved.

Thanks to Sky I have 2 pairs of crotchless jeans and a jumper with 1 and a half sleeves

Phoenix did his damage in 5 minutes while we were moving and he was shut in. Sky has taught me to put my clothes away lol
Back to top Go down
jbrown1028
Puppy
Puppy
jbrown1028

Male Join date : 2013-08-05

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:59 am

I must be the luckiest Husky owner ever! I know I have only had her for a few months now, but we never create her when we leave, she has a bed time of 10 - 10:30, but she is usually sleeping about 9:30 - 9:45, we are up at 6 AM and it's time for a day...

The worst thing I can think of

1. Unrolled a roll of TP from the bathroom
2. Shredded a paper towel (Single sheet)
3. Reached inside our fire pit for an empty bag of McDonald's while there was a fire.
4. Shredded a $0.88 tennis ball.

Now I need to go check on her, because ya'll are making me paranoid. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jbrown1028
Puppy
Puppy
jbrown1028

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:04 am

Bane wrote:
- ate a $400.00 check
mbarnard0429 wrote:
- a check for $3600.00
Checks must taste better...

Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:33 am

Let me see if I can remember everything
-Kevin's leather wallet with 80 bucks in twenties, his debit and credit card, and driver's license
-a blue tooth headset
-PS3 controller
-several boxes of kleenex
-a pair of $120 or eye glasses
- 2 8 inch round vanilla cake waiting to be frosted
- a video camera (still works)
- a camera bag
- a TV remote
Back to top Go down
jbrown1028
Puppy
Puppy
jbrown1028

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:21 am

Clm wrote:
destroying my $100 brand new pair of addidas
I agree Blu... Addidas tastes sooo much better then Nike Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:49 am

Juneau hasn't done too much. lol.

-Bf's credit card
-Our $300 comforter (for a $700 bed set - afraid to buy a new one in case it doesn't match the skirt, sheets, pillows, duvet)
-corner baseboard by the stairs
-torn up a small line of carpet, but it probably isn't noticeable to new people (hopefully LOL)
-my $20 shirt I got from American Eagle (and yes I bought the exact same one again lol)

That's all I can really think of.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:01 pm

gatorgirl wrote:

lillith87 wrote:

I have to ask what are zoomies???
Lol the zoomies are what I call it any way and I have seen a few other people refer to it as this... ( I will try to get a video of her doing it, very difficult since it is random)

Zoomies: When huskies want something really bad, or when they have too much pent up energy, when you try to take something from them or anything for no reason at all, they will put their ears back, and run top speed in the room in crazy circles, stop abruptly with a no motion freeze, then continue top speed crazy circles.
Back to top Go down
mmwhiteside
Puppy
Puppy
mmwhiteside

Female Join date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Rogue has destroyed:

-My daughters:
Phone charger
Computer charger
4 sets of earbuds
Numerous bracelets (that Cassie was usually wearing at the time!)

I thought it was kind of funny and told Cassie that is what happens when she doesn't put her things away. However then Cassie started locking all of her stuff in the room and NOW the list contains:

-$400 comforter
-Cushions off BOTH the couch and love seat
-Stairs (yes, he is systematically CHEWING the stairs when he can!)
-2 rugs
-REEF flip flops (he's a name snob - he doesn't eat cheap ones even when they are side by side!)
-2 pairs of Crocs (but that's ok, I don't like them anyway!)
-Toothbrushes (my step son and his girlfriend spent the night and that is all he took from them!)
-Inflatible Air Matress (well - except their bed - all four corners!)
-EVERY toy I have bought him EXCEPT his black Kong!

I am sure there is much more - but this is the quick list. I would also like to mention that I have had to tell my daughter Cassie on more that one occassion that I no longer find it funny that he ate her stuff first (but in reality it is still worth a couple of giggles!)

I know anytime he is quiet that he is up to no good. Really - I swear I never had to watch my daughter this much when she was little!
Back to top Go down
gatorgirl
Newborn
Newborn
gatorgirl

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:38 pm

Oh my goodness guys!!! After reading all of these comments I do think we've been on the lucky side!! No one can say we don't love our doggies I love you 
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Dizzy's worst happened this weekend. He had been very quiet and mellow all day Saturday and I was quite enjoying that. I let my guard down a little (stupid) and realized I hadn't seen him in a while. I figured he had gone to sleep in his crate, but I went to check and found him up to his ears in cat food. He had actually figured out how to open the lid of the bin (it has a top that is hinged on one side and then the handle snaps it closed on the other side)! He was very quietly munching away when I caught him. I said his name and he jerked his head up and the lid flew up and hit the wall and smacked back down on his head. He ran into his crate and immediately puked cat food everywhere (pillows, towel, carpet, and himself) and he still had the runs this am.

what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? 1625187496 
Back to top Go down
gatorgirl
Newborn
Newborn
gatorgirl

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:44 pm

mmwhiteside wrote:
Rogue has destroyed:

-My daughters:
 Phone charger
 Computer charger
 4 sets of earbuds
 Numerous bracelets (that Cassie was usually wearing at the time!)

I thought it was kind of funny and told Cassie that is what happens when she doesn't put her things away. However then Cassie started locking all of her stuff in the room and NOW the list contains:

-$400 comforter
-Cushions off BOTH the couch and love seat
-Stairs (yes, he is systematically CHEWING the stairs when he can!)
-2 rugs
-REEF flip flops (he's a name snob - he doesn't eat cheap ones even when they are side by side!)
-2 pairs of Crocs (but that's ok, I don't like them anyway!)
-Toothbrushes (my step son and his girlfriend spent the night and that is all he took from them!)
-Inflatible Air Matress (well - except their bed - all four corners!)
-EVERY toy I have bought him EXCEPT his black Kong!

I am sure there is much more - but this is the quick list. I would also like to mention that I have had to tell my daughter Cassie on more that one occassion that I no longer find it funny that he ate her stuff first (but in reality it is still worth a couple of giggles!)

I know anytime he is quiet that he is up to no good. Really - I swear I never had to watch my daughter this much when she was little!

On the eating everything except his Kong -- Zeus would do the same things too!!  All of those stuffed toys I would get him and Kongs and he would chew up the kids stuffed animals instead.  Kids or dogs, when it's too quiet then bad things are going on!! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the worst your husky has done??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next