It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What's the worst your husky has done??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:56 am

Bobbing for minnows? That sounds like a fun outdoor activity lol!

On Tuesday, Dizzy 'pounced' on a 2 lb teacup yorkie in Petco. I didn't even see the thing coming! I can't totally blame him because it did look like a squirrel, but he got in big trouble for that one...
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:36 pm

Karli stole a piece of ham yesterday...we had finished dinner, I asked hubby to cut it up and put it in the fridge but he left the rest on the table. There was a chunk of skin with fat attached to it and she came trotting into the living room with it. I got it away from her, but good Lord to get that piece she had to jump up on a chair to get to the table!!!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Last week Link snagged a piece of my blueberry muffin right outta the bag when I took my eyes off of him for a second.  He then bowed down and looked up at me with a piece of the wrapper hanging out of his mouth.  It was kinda cute.  He got in big trouble though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:50 pm

n/t n/t

Last edited by Hollyfrost on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Lol the infamous anal glands Smile
Back to top Go down
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:05 pm

my Maya, she is now 1 year 1 month old hasn't done a whole lot yet.

she chewed up a PS3 controller and caught a couple of birds (that i know of).

this is the two biggest things she has done:

what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 AB8977AA-2AA8-42A3-AC3C-AA50E3318766_zpsvtytwhdu
the cross bar of a tv tray

what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 71F2C6A0-09B1-42C9-B344-8DF6355E003E_zpsinbslfcf
apparently she got on a paint and sheet rock kick for a little bit.

she has also eaten bits and pieces of blankets and and about a 3rd of two different curtains
Back to top Go down
Rundown
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Sometimes I feel like my boy isn't a Husky. The worst he did was eat a whole roast beef we let rest on the table. And yeah, that was our mistake.

He chewed on a couple TP rolls but never to the point where it's everywhere in the house.

Aside from that he knows his toys and never goes after anything. I can leave anything that's not meat unsupervised.
Back to top Go down
BluHana06
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-12-27

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 10:56 pm

Reading this makes me want to hide everything before getting my baby......
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 9:32 am

We've had 15 mo old Ami (pronounced Ah-mee) for almost 3 months now - the worst he has done is dig holes in the lawn but always in the root crotches of big pines so is no big deal to scrape the pine straw and decomposed needles/soil back into the hole so he can do it again.  Also, chew marks on his dish and oh yes, we've been building a dog house - it was almost finished and husband left a pair of plastic handled clamps attached to the door.  Which now have chew marks on the handle.   And, he did almost murder me - accidentally.  When we first put up his trolley run, he and I were not used to its idiosyncrasies.  I was playing with him and he got a case of the zoomies and managed to wrap the cable around my neck - was a bit scary trying to calm him down and try to keep the cable from strangling me at the same time!  However, Ami has been good because he is outdoor during the day and crated in his "cave" overnight in an outbuilding. (Loves his cave, he gets scratched and petted and his Kong with kibble for a midnight snack!)  

And that's because, 40 years ago I had Sasha.

Sasha was purchased as a 3 mo old pup when I was young and stupid.  She started the first evening by stringing toilet paper all over the bathroom, eating the feather flowers on top of the vanity, shredding the bottom of the shower curtain and the newspapers on the floor.  From there over the next year she managed to strip the whole apartment of wallpaper (vinyl wallpaper in student housing, they forgot the molding, she would take hold of a lifting corner, flip her head and the paper would come flying off the wall.)  Totally destroyed all the cushions on couch and chair.  Once, when left alone after a move, she pee'd in the middle of our bed (which we did not notice until we went to climb in!)  Any time we left the house she would immediately attack the trash and strew it all over the house - so we made her a special trash barrel with just cereal boxes and paper for her to attack (suspect now it was separation anxiety - it was always is the first few minutes after we left.)  As an older girl, she killed our kitten - my toddler woke up before me and opened the door to the basement where kitty was.  Not a fun morning.  She loved porcupines - I became very adept at making her sit while using pliers to remove quills from her snout (a small milk bone for every quill).  And on and on and on.  

So you see, learning has occurred and Ami does not have a chance to be a really bad boy.  Sasha makes him my sweet golden boy who, so far, can do no wrong.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:00 am

That's a great story and reminds me a lot of my own. I got my first husky when I was 15 (Tasha), and she really schooled me. For the most part Dizzy is pretty good and I credit it to Tasha teaching me. She just passed away this fall 2 days after she turned 16.
Back to top Go down
JMS
Newborn
Newborn
JMS

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Last Christmas while visiting my family, Isi opened my little sister's pet bunny's cage, killed it and dragged it downstairs while we were all out. Came home and it was like a scene from some National Geographicl. Horrible! We still never figured out how she got the cage open. Sometimes instinct is not a pretty sight.
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 2:57 pm

Oh my, that poor bunny!! Sad

Last week my brother brought home a steak and cheese sub. He opened it up on the counter top and walked away to get something and well, I bet you can all guess what happens next!! Lol...Keera decided she was going to eat the entire sub in just under 5 seconds! She knows the counter is a no no but I guess that steak tempted her a little too much! Boy did she get a time out for that.  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 3:06 pm

Pulled my glasses off last night and left them on the coffee table because I had a headache and wasn't thinking straight. This morning after I fed the dogs and let them out, Loki goes back upstairs to sleep with Kevin and Django is chewing on a Nylabone. Instead of grabbing my glasses and putting them up I go about making my lunch and getting ready for work. I noticed how quiet it was in the living room and low and below Django has chewed up the frames.
Thank God I'm getting eye surgery in March. That is 2 pairs ruined. One by each dog.
Back to top Go down
Ragdog
Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

Female Join date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:30 am

whell, Mėta didn't do any kind of damage reseantly (she is always crated when we are not home, or sleeping), but i only have her for 6 months, and in that time she only:
* spilled youghurt on the carpet (yesterday)
* on the very first night in our house, she had big diarrhea on the linoleum , which it now has the brown stains.
* Chewed up her good harness (becouse my mom didn't get them off the dog)
But if i need to say, Mėta is a good dog, and never made any expensive damage. i don't think she ever did a money related damage Very Happy Right now, i'm happy about it Smile
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 11:43 pm

ruined two sections of my newish sectional! Dug holes right through to the wood supports!
Back to top Go down
katty_89
Newborn
Newborn
katty_89

Female Join date : 2013-09-26

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:58 pm

we thought Axel had been pretty good, besides when he was really young and destroyed three dog beds in four days... then we had some friends over, and one was looking for her sunglasses (expensive Christmas present she had only received three days earlier). we searched high and low and couldn't find them... until we went outside and found them chewed up in Axel's kennel lol. serves her right for leaving them outside on the table where he could reach them, still felt a bit bad though  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 12:49 pm

This is not destructive, but it is kinda funny. So Dizzy had been a little constipated this week. I was getting nervous cause he hadn't pooped for about 3 days, so I was letting him take his sweet time and sniff forever. Well, he came upon a dead pigeon in the park and took a nice whiff before I pulled him away, he then popped a squat and pooped right on the damn dead bird. There was a parks person working right nearby and she looked directly at me when he was going. So I had to pick up 3 days of poo off of a dead bird.  Mad I don't think I've ever washed my hands so much after a walk!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:46 pm

I'm sorry Jen, but that is too funny!

lol! 

Ragdog
Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

Female Join date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:09 am

wpskier222 wrote:
This is not destructive, but it is kinda funny. So Dizzy had been a little constipated this week. I was getting nervous cause he hadn't pooped for about 3 days, so I was letting him take his sweet time and sniff forever. Well, he came upon a dead pigeon in the park and took a nice whiff before I pulled him away, he then popped a squat and pooped right on the damn dead bird. There was a parks person working right nearby and she looked directly at me when he was going. So I had to pick up 3 days of poo off of a dead bird.  Mad I don't think I've ever washed my hands so much after a walk!
woah woah woah, w8 a minute, you mean? you mean you didn't had any poop bags with you? omg, that is discusting :/
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:30 am

Of course I had poop bags! But if the parks person hadn't been there I probably wouldn't have gotten near that dead bird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the worst your husky has done??   what is the worst thing - What's the worst your husky has done?? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the worst your husky has done??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3