It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Spotted a husky tied to a tree!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

Spotted a husky tied to a tree! Empty
PostSubject: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:02 pm

So the past couple of days when I take my girls for their walks, when we get to a certain intersection of 2 streets I swear to god I hear a husky howling. Selena will stop in her tracks and listen too. My mom kept telling me someone must be watching a wolf show on tv or something so I figured she must be right UNTIL, last night I decided to walk up one of the streets for a change and what do you know....a poorly taken care of, matted husky is tied to a tree in a back yard 20 feet from us! I KNEW I HEARD A HUSKY!!! But this poor thing..it looks like it lives tied to this tree, they obviously don't take care of it what so ever and my girls go for 3 walks a day and no matter what time this dog sounds like it's in the same place howling. Mad Mad No It kills me..I really want to knock on their door and ask if I can take their dog for a walk with mine & never bring it back!!!!

Ahhhh!!!Mad  What would you guys do?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:14 pm

i would call animal control and report abuse. tell them you would be willing to take the husky if they do in fact see it in unfit conditions. or try to walk up that street and try to chuck some food to it and talk to it from the street if no one is home. i hate stories like this.

Puppy
Puppy
mmwhiteside

Female Join date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:26 pm

I agree with calling animal control and offering to take it in if they do find it unfit (which TIED to a TREE...REALLY?!?!). You would do better in finding it a fit home home than letting them keep the poor thing outside with no room to run and no grooming. These kind of stories make me so mad and sad. WHY do people get pets and then just ignore them?? Do they truly not realize these are living, breathing, FEELING mammals that deserve more in life? Uugh!!Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Animal control sounds like a great idea! I'm going to take our walk down the road again tonight and I'm going to pray to god he/she isn't still there!! Maybe if I stand there long enough with my dogs (he/she constantly howls at my girls) the owners will come out to talk if I'm lucky. I happened to stop and talk to the people who live in the house next door to where this husky is (this was before I spotted the husky) and I noticed he had surveillance camera's all over his house, I'm sure they point over to where the dog is. I bet you he knows something about it, I'll have to see if he is out again tonight.

I will keep everyone posted! I'm definitely not letting a husky live a life attached to a tree Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
laurnerox1
Newborn
Newborn
laurnerox1

Female Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 5:41 pm

I would definitely call animal control. Now they normally won't take the dog immediately, but rather give the owners time to change the environment. They have so many days to do so (or show they're trying) or else they will lose the dog. Animal control can offer that they surrender the dog in exchange for not being charged with abuse. It's good that you know where this dog is and can routinely check on it to make sure it's okay. Don't let the owners see you checking on it, or else they'll know you're the one who called animal services and may do something drastic. I was almost an animal control officer and have seen some pretty bad things happen to animals from owners who think they may 'lose' them.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Call animal control. Pray that they can seize him/her. He is definitely living in unfit conditions.

See if you can find a local husky rescue in your area. Volunteer to foster for him or have them help you find a foster for him.

Keep an eye out!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:04 pm

This is sad ... I hope something can be done to help the poor thing.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Ditto on the animal control. If they don't do anything about it, try to talk to the owners. If he's friendly, I would just steal him Wink lol
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Ok so I went by tonight...he was just lying there, in the dirt..didn't even move this time. This breaks my freakin heart UGH! I noticed a bowl that was tipped over and looked like it has been there forever. OH and I almost stepped on a dead rat in front of their house. Talk about disgusting. Mad 

Sorry for sharing such sad information but if I don't vent I might have to choke the owners Evil or Very Mad 

I'm calling animal control in the morning!!!!! This pup is coming out of there one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
Flhuskylover
Puppy
Puppy
Flhuskylover

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 1:54 am

Laura, is the husky ok? I hope you are able to get animal control to get him out of there. This story makes me soo sad. I just don't understand people.
Back to top Go down
seanbrunett
Teenager
Teenager
seanbrunett

Male Join date : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 11:24 am

Such a sad story, keep us updated once you call animal control!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 11:26 am

Let us know what happens! I hope this poor baby can be taken away from these horrible people.

Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 2:01 pm

that reminds me my neighbors down the street have a beautiful grey boy chained to a tree during the day (with a crappy rope) and a 4 foot fence at night, I told my husband if that husky escapes and runs to us we're keeping it. But keep us posted
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Take pictures of the husky's living conditions. If animal control doesn't do anything notify the police.
Back to top Go down
laurnerox1
Newborn
Newborn
laurnerox1

Female Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:56 pm

send us pics when the pup becomes yours Smile Smile
lol. I hope he gets a better home!
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:38 am

Well, I ended up not calling animal control. I'm wondering if someone already did or the owners did something with the dog! I have not seen him in a few days. I went by before I was going to call, mind you it has been 90-100 degrees plus awful humidity so I really did NOT want him out there and what do you know..there was a really freaky guy outside the house and the dog was no longer there!!  I didn't even see the tie out. I hope to god he is some where safe. I will keep continuing to check! I just went by about an hour ago and still no sight of him scratch Neutral
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:25 am

Aside from being tied to a tree, did the dog look unhealthy, dirty, etc? Maybe he belonged to someone visiting and they couldn't keep him inside for whatever reason. I still don't agree with tying the dog to a tree, especially in the heat and with no water!

Maybe strike up a conversation with the people (if they look friendly enough) and say something like "Hey, I noticed you guy's had a Husky. Maybe we could arrange a playdate" and perhaps they will say what happened to the dog. If you're really curious, call you're local shelter and see if someone turned over a Husky recently.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Sometimes things aren't always as they look. I remember a few months ago, I saw a tri-paw husky pup tied in a backyard unattended with junk all over the place in my neighborhood. I was worried about it.

But it turned out the people had just moved in. The junk was from the previous owners and the new owners have been gradually fixing the house up since then. They even put a fence up this week and the dog is fine. Bode loves running into him on walks!
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Obviously I am not sure the true reason behind it BUT there is no need to leave a dog outside, all hours of the day/night..especially in this heat. It definitely looked like he had been there for quite some time as his empty bowl was disgusting from what I could see, he dug all around as far as he could reach to make himself a home of dirt and he looked extremely filthy and run down.

I'm going to try to get some words out of the owners or maybe see if the neighbor knows anything next time he is out with his dogs. I just pray the dog is either "some what" safe in the house or someone has already took care of this issue!
Back to top Go down
mmwhiteside
Puppy
Puppy
mmwhiteside

Female Join date : 2013-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Thanks for keeping us posted Laura. This story has hurt my heart and I really hope the husky is somewhere safe. I know living here in AZ I don't let my boy stay out long at all because it is just too darn hot. He loves it outside but sometimes after only being out for just 20 minutes it takes him at least that long to cool down once he comes inside. I would never dream of tying him to a tree! And I know how he loves to play in the water (and his water bowl sometimes) so leaving a bowl out is pretty pointless unless you are going to check on him often. Uugh! I realize I am preaching to the choir here, but it just makes me so sad!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotted a husky tied to a tree!   Spotted a husky tied to a tree! Empty

Back to top Go down

Spotted a husky tied to a tree!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1