It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Help needed dog found tied up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

Help needed dog found tied up? Empty
PostSubject: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Today while walking saya I found an extremely skinny pitbull terrier tied up at the park, The owners left it there I got him water and some food he drank about three bottles of water in like 30 seconds and finished his food I brought him home and put him in the crate and he has been ng non stop Ive called many animal services and most of them are closed and animal control apparently doesnt pick animals up here in NYC WTF. I took him to the precint and the asshole cop told me "We are not the damn ASPCA we take humans here, not dogs, call them we cant do anything about it." Help anyone Help needed dog found tied up? 1625187496
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Our e-vet back home took animals and then transferred them to a nonkill shelter, but not sure if any of your vets do that. I honestly would try to find a home for it myself, with hwo quickly pits are euthanized, but that's not few sale for everyone.
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:47 pm

My sister and I dont want to take it to a shelter if its going to get put to sleep he is only 3-4 months old I hope I can find somebody for him
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Best bet is to call rescues and no kill shelters tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
dragonthewhitedread

Male Join date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 7:37 pm

I agree about trying to find a home for him yourself, that way you know where he is going and better insure he gets a forever home.
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 7:44 pm

GOOD NEWS I found this lady online who rescues pitbulls. When I called her she told me that she couldn't take anymore today because she had already adopted 4 but after I told her it was a puppy she said that she would take the 1 hour drive to my home and pick him up and that I had to sign a contract saying that I allowed him to be spayed/neuter and that she was going to give me consent to visit him whever I wanted. She told me that it was good that I didn't took him to animal control because every shelter is killing pitbulls now, because of the high volume of pitbulls. I looked at her website and she has been adopting pitbulls for over 40 years she is a 72 year old woman with a MASSIVE HEART, I can't tell you guys how happy I am that this little trooper is going to a good place. She told me not to take animals to the aspca because even they are killing animals now thanks to the high volume of pitbulls that are arriving.
Back to top Go down
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
dragonthewhitedread

Male Join date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Yay! Glad it worked out for you and the pup Smile
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Some pics of this handsome boy
https://imgur.com/N5m3c

and here is saya guarding his crate she even brought her toys to him
https://imgur.com/0SJ8D
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Can you meet her halfway or something like that? I know it can be a real money pit for all the traveling rescues have to do. BTW, good for you for saving the poor boy! Can't believe people would just dump their pets like that, but they do. Real shame.

Help needed dog found tied up? Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Sara sadly I dont drive she didnt even ask me if I did she is just an hour away so she agreed to come and get him. In return I will donate many of sayas toys some of her leashes some dog food I have since saya is on raw and some $$$ Im extremely grateful to this lady for saving this dog
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Poor boy, he's so cute! I really don't understand how people can be so heartless. Thankfully now he has a chance at a better life. Thank you for taking him!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Good job for helping that cutie out! I hope she finds him a great home. Smile
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Wow, that is so sad that he was treated that way, kudos for taking him and all the effort you did to find him a lead to a great home.
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 11:53 pm

She came and picked him up and ask me for a name and I decided to choose trooper(My inner self wanted Haku, but trooper was more fitting Smile) She seems to have a lot of connections and is knowledgeable she went to take him to a friends private vet clinic and told me that if I ever needed any help to contact him. this is her website http://www.earthangelsnyc.org/ this lady is such a SWEETHEART!!!
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:37 am

Awesome news I love you

Thanks for saving this little boy! If you find some free time you should volunteer at the rescue Smile It's a rewarding experience
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:03 am

Yes my sister wants to volunteer and i might look into it as well. Saya seems to miss the dog she is laying by the crate where he was in and she is barking and howling at it.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:39 am

My dogs would do that also when the foster dogs would leave, they would even open the door to the crate and go lay down it in days after they left.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:35 am

Good for you! I decided to volunteer at my local husky rescue and it makes you feel great. We go to events and socialize with people about huskies. I'm actually fostering one of their rescues! His name is Haku (funny how you said you wanted to name him that).

Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:12 pm

In reality I do feel great about the fact that I brought him home. Although I did not foster him or anything I'm glad that lady picked him up and she is currently nursing back to health to put him up for adoption. A friend of mine contacted me and he is interested in adopting him so I will contact her and tell her about it. I feel awesome knowing that I did not call animal control, who would've probably euthanized him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help needed dog found tied up?   Help needed dog found tied up? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help needed dog found tied up?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1