It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Yay, finally! :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Which name do you like better for my Puppy?
Chrome
Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 6 ]
Dash
Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 Vote_lcap78%Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 78% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 8:27 am

I'm on a vacation at the moment so a little behind on threads, but congratulations!  I know this has been such a long time coming and I'm so excited for you. Sounds like you'll have a young pup around the same time my second child is due.  So I'll have someone up all night just like me.  Razz  Keep us updated!

Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 8:53 am

Congrats! I never used to like piebalds all that much, but they are really growing on me. Starting to think I might want one someday. Smile Who knows though. Also isn't it interesting that the piebald bitch didn't produce piebald, but the black and white bitch and red stud did?
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:04 am

@Sheba&Kennedy: Thanks! You're probably right though, there's no way I'll be able to think of a name before seeing him personally. But I'll still try and set up a list of names that I like beforehand and maybe that will help... Maybe... Also yeah, Sasuke is from Naruto. Razz

@NovasHuman: Ancient Greek names, that's a good idea! Although I never lied Apollo much, my sister and I agreed that he was a jerk for killing his sister's boyfriend and because he took Troy's side (I think...?) in the Trojan War. Thanks for the ideas! Very Happy

@Rocio_Caballero: I've never seen Yu Yu Hakusho actually. I suppose it's going to have to go on my list of anime to watch in the near future! xD

@Mobezilla: Again those are some pretty good names, onto the list they go!

@Huskyluv: Oh cool! Babies are so much fun having around, especially when they start talking and you can bribe them with candy to torment their siblings! I just hope that sleep is overrated... ;-;

@wpskier222: Thanks! I'm not really a fan of piebalds lie you were, the pattern is nice but I just prefer the more "classic" patterns I guess. Also it was pretty interesting wasn't it? Although I think Kermit (the dad) had some piebald parents/grandparents, so maybe that had something to do with it?

Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:21 am

They would both have had to have piebald somewhere in their lineage. The more traditional Irish markings (like the dam) are dominant over piebald, piebald is only dominant over pure white in terms of pattern. I definitely understand preferring the more traditional husky look, my first two definitely are, although everyone seems to think Dizzy is a malamute puppy. Rolling Eyes I've never seen a piebald puppy though, so that could have something to do with my attraction to those little guys. They are just way too adorable!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:27 am

Yeah, perhaps one of Arrow's Great Grandparents was piebald... Although it doesn't say on the pedigree so yeah I don't know... #noob :s

It will certainly be interesting to see how the piebald puppies grow up though, the 1 picture a week thing is pretty helpful! xD
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:32 am

First of all, LOVE that they named them for BG call signs.

Second you have to get Dash, That pup has some serious swag. He's already "Draw me like on of your french girls" posing.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:42 am

LOL I didn't even think about that, but you're right! When I go see the breeder in a few weeks I'll ask her if anyone has been adamant about picking Dash yet, if she says no and I like his personality then I'll have to ask her if I can choose him. xD
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:25 pm

wpskier222 wrote:
Congrats! I never used to like piebalds all that much, but they are really growing on me. Starting to think I might want one someday. :)Who knows though. Also isn't it interesting that the piebald bitch didn't produce piebald, but the black and white bitch and red stud did?
I thought the same thing Jen, not one from Roxanne, but Arrow has 2! I'm not really a piebald fan either but the two pups are so interesting looking. I can't wait to see what they'll look like as the mature!

Kellyb wrote:
First of all, LOVE that they named them for BG call signs.

Second you have to get Dash, That pup has some serious swag. He's already "Draw me like on of your french girls" posing.
^^ I laughed out loud. Dash definitely has some swag.

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:47 pm

ohmygossshh starbuck is way too cute, i love her mask :3

but for the boys...dash's picture is adorable Smile

Congrats!

ummmm names...
Okami
Ezio(AC2)
Tidus (FFX)
Roxas (Kingdom Hearts)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Booker(Bioshock Infinite)
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

Female Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:15 pm

That pose on dash is adorable....and I like the name dash! I'm usually not a fan of pies but I did fall in love with one from sibersong. If you go on her website his name is Ezra! I'm into stalking different breeders websites....stalking anything and everything husky actually!! Lol
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:

Congrats!

ummmm names...
Okami
Ezio(AC2)
Tidus (FFX)
Roxas (Kingdom Hearts)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Starbuck is awesome! Although she's also the only one that doesn't have an "available to approved homes sign" under her name, so she might be the female that the breeder is keeping. Those are also some great name (although I have to confess that I've never played KH before, at the very least I know who the characters are though!) I'll definitely add them to the list! Very Happy

Ashley&Kaia wrote:
That pose on dash is adorable....and I like the name dash! I'm usually not a fan of pies but I did fall in love with one from sibersong. If you go on her website his name is Ezra! I'm into stalking different breeders websites....stalking anything and everything husky actually!! Lol
Oh wow you're right, Erza seems pretty awesome! I really like his dark mask and it will certainly be interesting to see how the piebald puppies grow up. xD
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:08 am

I have absolutely no suggestions on names (I'm horrible with that), but the pups are precious. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 12:59 pm

Names should mean something to you in my opinion Something close, near and dear to your heart.

I write fiction, not so much anymore but a lot when I was in grade school. I was in the young author's conference for a couple years. Once I wrote a story where one character was a wolf. I wanted the name to sound Native American yet be original. I came up with Shaqua by just putting sounds together. I was in 4th grade. I didn't get Shaqua until my senior year in high school but I just knew the name was perfect. I have a good amount of Native blood in my heritage so it just seemed fitting, not only for her breed but for someone who would become such an integral part of my life.

Journey, who will be coming to live with us the end of October, got her name from my sense of adventure. Her full name goes with the theme of the litter (women warriors of history) but we chose Colestah, a Native American warrior. Perfect for her full registered name of "Polargold's Journey of Colestah". Of course, just like Shaqua has, Journey will be joining me on my grand geologic adventures (see https://www.facebook.com/GeoJeep) so the name will be fitting for her personality as well. Smile

Make sure you chose a name that means something to you. It really does make a difference. The right name can make the bond you have with your pup even that much stronger. Your pup will be learning mannerisms from you so anything that says something about who you are in the core will be perfect.

Last edited by CavingSiberian on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hit enter before I was finished ;))
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:35 pm

Demon&Dakota wrote:
I have absolutely no suggestions on names (I'm horrible with that), but the pups are precious.  Congratulations!
Thanks! I'm pretty bad with names too, so no worries. xD

CavingSiberian wrote:
Names should mean something to you in my opinion Something close, near and dear to your heart.

I write fiction, not so much anymore but a lot when I was in grade school. I was in the young author's conference for a couple years. Once I wrote a story where one character was a wolf. I wanted the name to sound Native American yet be original. I came up with Shaqua by just putting sounds together. I was in 4th grade. I didn't get Shaqua until my senior year in high school but I just knew the name was perfect. I have a good amount of Native blood in my heritage so it just seemed fitting, not only for her breed but for someone who would become such an integral part of my life.

Journey, who will be coming to live with us the end of October, got her name from my sense of adventure. Her full name goes with the theme of the litter (women warriors of history) but we chose Colestah, a Native American warrior. Perfect for her full registered name of "Polargold's Journey of Colestah". Of course, just like Shaqua has, Journey will be joining me on my grand geologic adventures (see https://www.facebook.com/GeoJeep) so the name will be fitting for her personality as well. Smile

Make sure you chose a name that means something to you. It really does make a difference. The right name can make the bond you have with your pup even that much stronger. Your pup will be learning mannerisms from you so anything that says something about who you are in the core will be perfect.
That's very interesting, I never thought about names like that before! The problem now would be to find some sort of life experience that's really left a mark, which is much easier said than done... :/ (On a completely unrelated topic though; I've got some Native American blood too, although probably not as much as you. xD)
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Congrats!!! Sorry i havnt seen your post sooner!!! I know your young to be getting a dog, but you seem very mature for your age and done a lot of research and waited for the right opertunity. Im sure your parents are very proud of you! Your in a similar situation i was in when i picked koda. I was deciding between 2 males, the agouti and white (koda) and a black and white. Since he was born just in pictures i likes koda more, i was lucky and got to go up and see him when he was one week old. Even them when i liked him more i still waited just incase i changed my mind when his personality came out a little more. Even though i think my whole family new i was picking koda. I went up to visit him again at 4 weeks and right when i seen him i knew he was the one. He was the most active and playful one of the litter! So keep ur options open aslong as your breeder will let yo. I was happy to find out later that the people who were going to get the dog i didnt pick perferred the black and white. So everyone was happy then. I love dash! And i was going to go down the ancient greek names too, put i i seen the name koda and was locked on it.
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:04 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:

Congrats!

ummmm names...
Okami
Ezio(AC2)
Tidus (FFX)
Roxas (Kingdom Hearts)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
Dante (Devil May Cry)

Tee hee the first one you listed... I think it is a PERFECT name ..... lol <3
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:22 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
Congrats!!! Sorry i havnt seen your post sooner!!! I know your young to be getting a dog, but you seem very mature for your age and done a lot of research and waited for the right opertunity. Im sure your parents are very proud of you! Your in a similar situation i was in when i picked koda. I was deciding between 2 males, the agouti and white (koda) and a black and white. Since he was born just in pictures i likes koda more, i was lucky and got to go up and see him when he was one week old. Even them when i liked him more i still waited just incase i changed my mind when his personality came out a little more. Even though i think my whole family new i was picking koda. I went up to visit him again at 4 weeks and right when i seen him i knew he was the one. He was the most active and playful one of the litter! So keep ur options open aslong as your  breeder will let yo. I was happy to find out later that the people who were going to get the dog i didnt pick perferred the black and white. So everyone was happy then. I love dash! And i was going to go down the ancient greek names too, put i i seen the name koda and was locked on it.
Thanks! Also that's a really cool story as well! I'll be going up to see them right when they're around 4 weeks old (3.71 to be exact I believe...) maybe I'll be able to decide then... xD

lillith87 wrote:

Jennet&Embry wrote:

Congrats!

ummmm names...
Okami
Ezio(AC2)
Tidus (FFX)
Roxas (Kingdom Hearts)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
Dante (Devil May Cry)

Tee hee the first one you listed... I think it is a PERFECT name ..... lol <3
I must agree, it's a perfect name. Wink
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:07 am

Congratulations! I've been waiting to see when you would be getting one!

As for names, I've been going through the same thing. I'm not very good at picking names, my hubby usually does that but for our new puppy I really wanted to do it. My favorite pokemon has always been Evee or one of her evolutions (its varied from time to time) so I picked Evee.

If you're looking for greek mythology (which I love) I can help there:
Zeus
Ares
Achilles
Persius (call Percy for short)
I'm not that good so the list is short. Can't wait for more pictures!!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:52 pm

EEVEE! :O

Thanks! Greek names are pretty cool as well, so I'll add them to the list! ^_^

In other news; I think I'm getting Dash. The breeder emailed me earlier today to let me know that she received the deposit/contract that I sent out on Thursday. In the specifications of the contract I put down "Dash or Black & White Male" and I believe she took it as a deposit on Dash. Also they'll be having more pictures in a couple of days, I could post them if you guys want me to.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:43 pm

AMB wrote:
Also they'll be having more pictures in a couple of days, I could post them if you guys want me to.
I'm confused - how could you possibly ever think that we wouldn't want you to post them???????

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question 

Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:57 pm

I seriously had to laugh out loud. Razz

I had to ask in case you were all replaced by green and purple polka dotted aliens from Mars, not liking puppy pictures would be a red flag! (Seriously though, I didn't want to be a copycat so that's why I asked... It was kind of a stupid statement in retrospect though. xD )
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Man. I posted so many puppy pictures when I got Mechta. I don't think I posted as many to the forum - but I have hundreds upon hundreds plastered all over Facebook.

Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:26 pm

So, did you see that Rachel took the "available" off Dash's picture!? Yay! I'm going to visit next Tuesday, so I will get some pics of him for you Smile
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:00 pm

AMB wrote:

I had to ask in case you were all replaced by green and purple polka dotted aliens from Mars, not liking puppy pictures would be a red flag! (Seriously though, I didn't want to be a copycat so that's why I asked... It was kind of a stupid statement in retrospect though. xD )
I definitely wanna see pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Niraya wrote:
Man. I posted so many puppy pictures when I got Mechta.  I don't think I posted as many to the forum - but I have hundreds upon hundreds plastered all over Facebook.
Okay, I'll update with pictures as often as I can then! Razz

ccurran07 wrote:
So, did you see that Rachel took the "available" off Dash's picture!? Yay! I'm going to visit next Tuesday, so I will get some pics of him for you Smile
I didn't notice it until you pointed it out just now... I need a word for this to express my excitement, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious should suffice! Very Happy

More pictures would be awesome if you could manage it!

Mobezilla wrote:

AMB wrote:

I definitely wanna see pictures Smile
Okay then! The next time I go up maybe I'll be able to get a video of them too, mwahaha. >:]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yay, finally! :D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next