It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Yay, finally! :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Which name do you like better for my Puppy?
Chrome
Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 Vote_lcap22%Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 6 ]
Dash
Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 Vote_lcap78%Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 78% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
ela_eli
Newborn
Newborn
ela_eli

Female Join date : 2013-08-13

Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:15 am

Congrats!! Dash is so cute and good looking! I am to no help with names (sorry Razz) When I picked Nala's name I started with a list, then started to search what they meant and stuff. I just couldn't ignore the name lol! But I think that when you see more of his personality you'll definitely know which to pick. Again, congrats! Smile
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:19 am

Congratulations!!! bounce 
The puppies are adorable! and Dash is so gorgeous, I cracked up when I got to his photo - I just want to put sunnies on him and give him a speech bubble saying "Ladies..."
He looks to have some serious character, I love it!

Names are hard we went through so many! In the end we didn't really "decide" we kind of just knew. We had our boy picked out when he was just two weeks old but it wasn't until a later visit that we named him, we had been throwing round names out of greek mythology for awhile but couldn't agree on one then when we were visiting and as I was watching him with his littermates and his attitude reminded me of a piece of music from Metallica - Orion. I played it later in the day and my partner looked at me with a big grin on his face and Orion he was Smile

For your boy the first name that came to mind was Casanova Razz but if you like the sound of something greek then I like these two titans for a Husky
Perses - Titan of destruction and peace
Coeus - Titan of intellect
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:08 am

FYI Aidan, Rachel will take videos and things and post them on her FB, if you have one! She took some super cute videos of the pups escaping the whelping pool and such.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:54 am

Ashley&Kaia wrote:
That pose on dash is adorable....and I like the name dash! I'm usually not a fan of pies but I did fall in love with one from sibersong. If you go on her website his name is Ezra! I'm into stalking different breeders websites....stalking anything and everything husky actually!! Lol
She is adorable. Wow, I'm in love with the male "wolf." He's about everything I want in my next husky!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:50 am

ela_eli wrote:
Congrats!! Dash is so cute and good looking! I am to no help with names (sorry Razz) When I picked Nala's name I started with a list, then started to search what they meant and stuff. I just couldn't ignore the name lol! But I think that when you see more of his personality you'll definitely know which to pick. Again, congrats! Smile
Thanks! I agree on the personality thing, until I know for sure what he's like it will be very hard to pick a name of any kind. Razz

GeorginaMay wrote:
Congratulations!!! bounce 
The puppies are adorable! and Dash is so gorgeous, I cracked up when I got to his photo - I just want to put sunnies on him and give him a speech bubble saying "Ladies..."
He looks to have some serious character, I love it!

Names are hard we went through so many! In the end we didn't really "decide" we kind of just knew. We had our boy picked out when he was just two weeks old but it wasn't until a later visit that we named him, we had been throwing round names out of greek mythology for awhile but couldn't agree on one then when we were visiting and as I was watching him with his littermates and his attitude reminded me of a piece of music from Metallica - Orion. I played it later in the day and my partner looked at me with a big grin on his face and Orion he was Smile

For your boy the first name that came to mind was Casanova Razz but if you like the sound of something greek then I like these two titans for a Husky
Perses - Titan of destruction and peace
Coeus - Titan of intellect
Ahahaha! In the future when he's old enough to go to dog parks I'm sure he'll have no problem getting a Girlfriend! He might even be able to help me get a Girlfriend of my own, who knows? Razz

Those are also some great name suggestions as well, so thanks for that! I'll have to keep them in mind when I go up to see him. xD

ccurran07 wrote:
FYI Aidan, Rachel will take videos and things and post them on her FB, if you have one! She took some super cute videos of the pups escaping the whelping pool and such.
She has an FB that she's putting videos on? Okay then, I don't have an FB of my own (I've been thinking about getting one though) but I'm a certified stalker. So stalker mode engaged! Wink

Also today is the day she'll update the pictures for Polaris correct? I can't wait to see them! xD
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 11:58 am

Haha I stalk too! Yes they are 5 weeks old today!!! I can't believe it
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Congrats, Aidan! I am really happy for you.

As for names, I picked "Juneau" from the Capital of Alaska. I did a big State Project in 6th grade and my state was Alaska. I became obsessed with Huskies ever since I was a little girl, so the name was fitting.

You'll find your name. Trust me. I didn't pick Juneau until the day I picked her up! I also wanted her name to start with a 'J' because mine did too. And so does my boyfriend's name. lol

There's a city in Alaska called 'Sitka'. It used to be governed by the Russians a long time ago.

I don't usually quote sources from wikipedia, but here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitka,_Alaska

If that isn't your taste, you could pick names from Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and the Game of Thrones. Any Disney movies you like? What's your favorite movie? Favorite book? Favorite video game? Favorite Pokemon? Just search for a list of the cast members and pick one you like.

I don't watch anime, so I can't give you any suggestions for those. Sorry! Sad I used to watch Sailor Moon though, lol.

I have a bearded dragon that we named "Draco Solis", which is Latin for Dragon of the Sun. Maybe you could give him a Latin name? "Spirit of the Wolf". 'Lupus' is Wolf in Latin.

Axel
Aero

Well I know that's not a whole lot but I helped you brainstorm a little, I hope.
Back to top Go down
li_izumi
Puppy
Puppy
li_izumi

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Jasparr wasn't named the first week I had him, and then a different name for several days (he was briefly Shadow). A name will come to you.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:58 pm

I was going to call Dizzy Pike, after Pike's peak in Colorado, but my hubby liked Dizzy better (after Dizzy Gillespie). Our cat is named after Miles Davis (we're jazz musicians).
Back to top Go down
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:22 pm

PM me if you like Greek names a lot, being greek I can help you there haha. My little terror is named Zoe which in greek is pronounced Zo-E and means life. If you just wanted mythology google will be of some service.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:33 pm

@ccurran07: Bah, FB really isn't being my friend right now. Finding people's pages is hard than I thought, time to stalk harder. Razz

@VintageJeans: Juneau is a pretty good name. Also those are some pretty good Books/Games/Movies to choose from as well, and a Latin name might also work. Sitka also sounds a bit interesting and I'll have to look into it more, thanks for the advice! Very Happy

@li_izumi: Ah okay! I was hoping to have his name picked out before I got him, but that might not be the case. At the very least I'll have a nice long list to choose from! Razz

@wpskier222: That's pretty interesting, I didn't know you guys were musicians let alone that Dizzy was named after one! xD

@ZoeTheHusky: Okay, I'll send a pm then! Greek names are pretty good so any suggestions would be great! bar Herodotus D:<
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:19 am

Mobezilla wrote:

AMB wrote:
@Mobezilla: It is really exciting! I also like the names Zoro and Tsume (did you just reference Wolf's Rain? :O ) So those are some good suggestions!
Yes.. yes I did :)References are from Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho, Darker than Black, One Piece, Code Geass, and Wolf's Rain.
Glad to see there's another "Wolf's Rain" fan around! My husband and I are just about six episodes into it so far but we love it. Smile 
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:24 am

Also, Aidan, I just joined but I'm glad to see you will be getting one of Arrow's puppies! I will be getting Capella/Layla from Roxanne's litter, one of Polaris/Caoihme's littermates. I saw the pups on Sunday and they are very active and Arrow is a great mom. She "hides" the pups sometimes with her head ... "Nothing to see here!" So cute. Congrats! Looking forward to seeing them grow. I check Rachel's site pretty much daily now, haha.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:25 am

capellalayla wrote:
Glad to see there's another "Wolf's Rain" fan around! My husband and I are just about six episodes into it so far but we love it. Smile 
Hehe yup! I actually recently watched Wolf's Rain as the first time I tried to watch it there weren't any english sub episodes available and I refuse to watch dub. By the way I love Capella, shes the one I rooted for when I first saw the litter posted. She's so adorable! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:29 am

Yay, more Wolf's Rain Fans! Very Happy

Also thanks and welcome! Arrow sounds like a great mom and I can't wait to go up there again to see them myself. I heard about you getting Capella (I'm guessing that you're going to call her Layla?) Everyone on here loved her heart shaped pattern! So congrats to you as well. ^_^

Edit: The breeder should be updating the pics today, mwahaha.... >:]
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:39 am

Haha, yep, Capella's new name is Layla. I'm so excited to see she's gotten so much love on this forum! We fell in love with her heart-shaped head, too, and her strong personality. Rachel's got some really amazing dogs. I'm convinced Arrow is a human in a dog's body. Wink 

Congrats all around! I'll be checking up later today to see the new pics from Arrow's litter. Smile 
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:48 am

Yup, we went up on Labor day to see the first litter and Arrow was just super-friendly. Very Happy

Pictures... I need more pictures.... xD
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Where...are...pictures...!? Her FB says they're updated but when I go on, same pictures. I stalk hourly
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:17 pm

I'm not entirely sure, but I think she's keeping the same pictures for this week... maybe...? D:

I don't think I can survive another week without puppy pictures, you must go on without me. Razz
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:19 pm

Nooo....it cannot be. It says updated pics. Must not toy with people feverishly awaiting pup pics
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Maybe something weird happened and they didn't really update but she thought they did...? Either way this is a tragic day indeed. D:
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:19 pm

I hope they update the pix soon. Btw, I notice someone keeps hitting the treat/good advice button. Please read the post called "what are treats?" They should only be handed out when someone gives good advice/information that helps, not used as a 'like' or 'agree' button. Smile
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Right, as much as anyone likes treats I'm afraid I have to agree. :s

Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 12:47 pm

Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 Image017

That's Dash at 1 week old! Very Happy

(click here for the others if anyone is interested)
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Edit its working now - Dash is adorable!!! Ahmygherdd <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yay, finally! :D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next