It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Yay, finally! :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Which name do you like better for my Puppy?
Chrome
Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 Vote_lcap22%Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 6 ]
Dash
Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 Vote_lcap78%Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 78% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:45 am

Yeah, I woke up like 3 times at odd intervals and had trouble falling back asleep each time, but overall I slept better than expected! I wont actually get to pick him up until 5pm, but I'll be leaving at around 12:30pm because my dad has a business trip to go to and he needs to be dropped off before we go to Maine. I'm going to put my camera in the charger now and try to find a way to blow off the next 3 hours. Razz
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

Female Join date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:55 am

Yay!! I didn't get to see him the other night because it was almost dark when I got there Sad good luck and congrats!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 10:01 am

Ah, that's okay. I'll just savor the moment even more now, thanks! xD
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Yeah I didn't get a chance to go out to the puppy kennel either but I did sneak a quick glance at Arrow and Rachel had brought Apollo inside because he was going to be picked up after I left that morning. He got to play with his cousins, Gienah and Layla, and big Uncle Yukon before getting his shots.

Bet you're super excited! Won't be long now! Can't wait to see Yukon the Younger in his new home! Smile
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Yup! The countdown timer finally hit zero too which means it's finally time to leave!

Honestly I never thought this day would come, it feels awesome! :3
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Ahhhhhh good luck!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Congratulations Very Happy!!!

Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:36 am

I'm so excited to see your pictures!!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:37 am

He must be in your arms by now, can't wait to see the pictures!!
Back to top Go down
GeorginaMay
Teenager
Teenager
GeorginaMay

Female Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 5:15 am

bounce bounce bounce  Need pictures already!!! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:51 am

Okay, so I got back at around 10pm last night. Outside of the fact that he felt motion sick it was a smooth ride home, and so far there hasn't been any accidents either! I didn't get any pictures yesterday since we got home so late and I don't think that I have enough resolve to crate him at night either. Although I have some pictures now and as soon as I can get to my USB cable I'll upload them (he's sleeping on my lap and thus effectively immobilizing me.)

Although he wont eat treats even if his life depended on it. He'll eat his food with no problems, but he refuses to eat treats at all. I need him to eat treats so I can start training him. Also stinky puppy breath is stinky. Razz
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 11:45 am

Caoimhe didn't want any treats right away either. She loves her food though and sometimes I will use that as low value treats. Try it with Yukon if he seems to be eating his food no problem.

Now she eats anything and is SUPER food motivated lol. Can't wait to see picturesss!!
Back to top Go down
seanbrunett
Teenager
Teenager
seanbrunett

Male Join date : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 11:48 am

AMB wrote:
Okay, so I got back at around 10pm last night. Outside of the fact that he felt motion sick it was a smooth ride home, and so far there hasn't been any accidents either! I didn't get any pictures yesterday since we got home so late and I don't think that I have enough resolve to crate him at night either. Although I have some pictures now and as soon as I can get to my USB cable I'll upload them (he's sleeping on my lap and thus effectively immobilizing me.)

Although he wont eat treats even if his life depended on it. He'll eat his food with no problems, but he refuses to eat treats at all. I need him to eat treats so I can start training him. Also stinky puppy breath is stinky. Razz
Awesome, glad to hear it Smile, can't wait to see more photos.

My only recommendation would be to do crate training. As difficult as it may be, it's so worth it in the end. It makes life much less difficult later on when you have to leave.
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:39 pm

ccurran07 wrote:
Caoimhe didn't want any treats right away either. She loves her food though and sometimes I will use that as low value treats. Try it with Yukon if he seems to be eating his food no problem.

Now she eats anything and is SUPER food motivated lol. Can't wait to see picturesss!!
I'll try that out, thanks!

I also would like to post pictures but Yukon can't sit still for 5 minutes, I'll have to wait until he falls asleep again or something... :/

seanbrunett wrote:

AMB wrote:

Awesome, glad to hear it Smile, can't wait to see more photos.

My only recommendation would be to do crate training. As difficult as it may be, it's so worth it in the end. It makes life much less difficult later on when you have to leave.
Oh yeah I'm still going to crate train him as I need to use the crate several times a week, I just don't think have him sleep in it...

Pictures are coming soon, I promise! xD
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:42 pm

I didn't have either dog sleep in the crate but did crate train them during the day like you are thinking of doing, and they did fine with it. I did it because all he did was cry, and then it was actually easier for me to get up and take him out because I could hear him waking up and then was able to take it out when I heard him. Just do what you think is best and what you are most comfortable with and that's what will be right for Yukon! I can't wait to see pictures.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:42 pm

You'll change your mind after he pees your bed a few times. lol

or when you go to put him in his crate one time and he screams his head off. xD

Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
seanbrunett
Teenager
Teenager
seanbrunett

Male Join date : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:45 pm

Niraya wrote:
You'll change your mind after he pees your bed a few times. lol

or when you go to put him in his crate one time and he screams his head off. xD
haha, definitely agree with this!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 1:05 pm

Yeah bed wetting is a problem, but if it means more sleep for everyone then I'll live with it. I went to take a shower this morning and I put him in his crate, he started crying which woke up my family who proceeded to bug me in the shower even though I was only gone for 5 minutes. Of course as soon as I come back he's all nice and quiet like a little angel. Razz

Yukon just fell asleep too so maybe I can get some pictures up now. >:]
Back to top Go down
ccurran07
Teenager
Teenager
ccurran07

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 5:41 pm

hahah Caoimhe hasn't peed in my bed at all *knock on wood*
Back to top Go down
Ashley&Kaia
Puppy
Puppy
Ashley&Kaia

Female Join date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Haha Kaia peed in my mothers bed like twice, but never mine!! Hahaha! Can't wait to see pics of little Yukon!!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Yuki peed in my bed. That ended her sleeping with me right away, Link and Cloud can sleep with me at night but Yuki still pees on the bedroom floor if I let her out of the crate at night. She still does it even at over a year old! Yuki never cried in her crate though, so def work on giving him cool stuff when you leave him so the crate is his safe place, you'll find that much easier to work with later on xD
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 6:31 pm

He's been pretty good about only going outside so far, even though it's only been a day. I'm definitely going to start working on crate training, as soon as I teach him is name (aka as soon as he's interested in eating food again... :/ )
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 1:23 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, I ditto all the suggestions on try food as low value treat and the crate. Good luck and haha pictures when you can!

AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 1:55 pm

The food is sort of half working. He'll eat it if he's hungry enough which I used to try and teach him his name; but if he's not hungry then it's pretty much useless. Although he'll take peanut butter out of a jar just fine and it seems to work better than anything else I've tried so far (I don't know if I should try cheese or not...) However he wont have anything to do with his peanut butter treats. -_-

I also started feeding him in his crate which seems to be working out nicely, but he'll still cry if he's left in there for too long. >_>
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 2:01 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about beginning to train at this point. Some pups take to training right away, and others don't. My first husky, Tasha, was really into training from the get go. Dizzy on the other hand, not so much. With him, I spent the first few weeks working on building trust and trying to get him not to act like a wild animal. Also, his tummy was so dang sensitive that at that age, I couldn't really give him treats. I could be wrong, but I think as young puppies, females are more tuned into their people and males are just kinda more ADD. Wanting to explore more, interested in every little thing, and kinda happy go lucky little devils. With Dizzy maturing, I actually think he's going to end up more mellow, and a total love bug. Tasha was the opposite and got more intense as she matured.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yay, finally! :D   Yay, finally! :D - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yay, finally! :D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next