It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Nikko:
• Favorite food is boiled chicken breast. He will come running if he hears you open the fridge.
• He LOVES to sunbathe! It will be 100 degrees and he will find a place in the sun and lay down.
• LOVES to hang his head out of the car window! He will beg until you open it, but if you are going too fast he will lay down in the backseat
• Goes crazy when we go to PetSmart. He will start getting excited before we can even see the building. As soon as we walk in he announces to everyone that he is here!
• He is NOT a cuddler! He prefers to sleep on the tile in front of the door underneath the air conditioner vent. If you go up to him and start cuddeling he will move somewhere else
• He will jump on the couch and watch TV with us
• If you tell him no he will bark back at you until he gets the last “bark”
• If he finds poo in the grass, even if it is another dog’s he will try to cover it up
• Same goes with his toys, he will place them strategically around the house and try to bury it with his muzzle. If you move it, he will find it and put it right back!
• LOVES water! He will try to eat the stream of water out of the hose.

I just got Yukon last weekend so I don’t have too much yet..but so far here you go:
• He grunts like a piglet when you pick him up
• Big brother Nikko will try to dominate him, but he refuses to submit! He will run right up to him and grab a mouthful of his fur
• He seems to love digging in Nikko’s water bowl…when it’s full
• He will grab his food bowl and carry it around with him…whether its empty or not!
Back to top Go down
cameestanfield
Newborn
Newborn
cameestanfield

Female Join date : 2012-08-16

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:30 am

10 facts about my Loki Poki!

1. I can't be in a room alone without him. He follows me everywhere!
2. I've never seen him stretch without howling.
3. He loves to lick the tv when there are dogs barking on tv!
4. When we sit at the table for supper or game night he's wrapped around my feet.
5. He acts like a cat after he pees he insists on kicking the grass behind him at least 5 times.
6. He's so nosey! When I'm on the computer his face is laying on the keyboard.
7. He falls asleep anytime you scratch his ears. I think they're his pressure point, he just passes out.
8. He never stays in bed with us when my husbands in the bed. But as soon as my husband leaves for work he's laying right beside me.
9. He does that signature husky prance dance and slides his toys across the floor.
10. If we don't bring him something home when we go shopping he lays in his kennel and pouts.
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Here's Danzig's 10 Random Facts

1. He can never enter a wood or laminated floored room without sliding his front paws
2. He has killed at least one squirrel (that we know of)
3. He loves to go swimming but can't stand being sprayed with the hose
4. He always protects his brother Wyatt when other dogs approach him in an aggressive way
5. Every night I say "Mommy Danzig time" and he runs into the bedroom to come lay with me
6. The only toys he likes are ones with squeakers
7. He loves to hang out with his Grandma
8. Everytime we come home he barks until he gets a Milk Bone
9. He responds better to hand signals than voice commands
10. He wakes me up with kisses every morning at 6:00am
Back to top Go down
mellard
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:53 pm

We have only had Oakley for about 2 weeks but I think I can fill them up.

1.) Oakley will be completely asleep one second the next he is half way across the house.
2.) I'd you wake him up to rak him out he will grunt like a pig.
3.) he will nudge the ball our chinchilla is in just so he can watch it move around the house.
4.) his favorite treat is a pig femur stuffed with kong stuffing.
5.) if he can't catch one of the toys we throw across the floor he gets mad.
6.) he will Kay and roll in the dirt as soon as he is done taking a bath.
7.) he will randomly run into the living room and whine when he wants to train.
8.) he will give my fiancé kisses but will play bit my nose.
9.) he could be in the middle of his zoomies, but if I pick him up within 5 minutes he will be asleep.
10.) he loves his harness I made for him out of 550 cord.
Back to top Go down
brooke.mcknelly
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-11-08

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:16 pm

These seriously made my day! I'm new to the site and haven't had a chance to upload photos of my beautiful babies yet but I will!

First I will start off with my 3 yr old Siberian Husky Blizzard!

Blizzard:
1.He is obsessed with water. He digs at his water bowl non stop! And if there is a water spill on the tile he will roll around in it until its gone!
2. Blizzard loves wet towels and wet hair! When I first get out of the shower he will immediately prance over to me and begin sticking his nose inside the towel that has my hair wrapped inside. Once I'm done I will lay the towel on the ground so he can roll around on it Very Happy lets just say we do a lot of loads of towels in my household
3.He loves to talk! If he wants something he will definitely let you. The best part is once you get up he will guide you to show you exactly what he wants!
4. Like most of the other posts on here my Blizzard looveessssssss squirrels. He could chase them all day long!
5.This one is a little TMI but if Blizzard is laying near you and you decide to let one rip he will let you know if it smells because he will cover up his nose with his paws! ( Mostly coming from my husband!)
6. Blizzard likes to give hugs. He will stand up and wrap his front legs around your neck and lay his head on your shoulder! He gives us hugs everytime we come home!
7.Whenever you burp Blizzard will always try to one up you! He will always show you who is boss by burping directly in your face Smile
8.Blizzard loves his tennis balls, baby carrots, peanut butter, and pizza crust!
9.He loves to sleep right next to his mommy!
10. Blizzard is obsessed with killing birds. We have come home to what looked like the scene of a homocide! But most of the time Blizzard will kill the bird, bring it inside, and leave it on the couch as a present for mommy and daddy!

Now for my princess Breezy who is an all white (only small tints of red on her ears) siberian alaskan mix. She just turned 8 mo. old Smile
1. Breezy is such a character! She has a very deep talking and moaning voice. When she gets jealous she will get right in your face with her big blue puppy dog eyes and go "rooowwww rooowwwww"
2.Just like Blizzard, Breezy is also obsessed with squirrels and birds. She can have 100% of her focus on you, but as soon as she hears something in the tree she has a....SQUIRREL! moment Smile
3.She loves the mud! If I try to give her a bath after she has been playing in the mud she will immediately run back out to the mud and roll around!
4.Breezy is a pro at standing on two legs! When its kibble-time she will stand on her two back legs and dance around in circles until she gets dizzy!
5. She isn't a huge cuddler but if she has a belly ache or is extremely exhausted she suddenly come and lay directly on mama's lap!
6.Breezy loves to play with our cat Gnarly! I've never seen a dog so playful with a cat before! (Blizzard trys to ignore our cat as much as possible)
7.For some reason Breezy will not wear any collar that does not have rhinestones on it! She had one as a puppy, but when she grew out of that one we decided to get her a plain pink one...NOPE. She not only refused to wear it, but when we finally did put it on her she destroyed it! We decided to take her to Petsmart to let her pick her own collar and she went directly towards the pink RHINESTONE collar. Picky much? Wink
8.She is still just a puppy, but I've never seen a dog who loves chasing their tail more than Breezy. Every day for about 10 mins straight she will spin in circles chasing her tail!
9.If you say the word "treat" but then she doesn't receive one she will softly cry and bite your feet until you finally give her a treat!
10.Usually a person will wear socks to keep their feet warm....Not to Breezy. If she sees you with socks on that means nothing but...TUG OF WAR to her Smile She always wins too!

I am a HUGE dog lover but I have never loved any dog or animal as much as I love my two huskies. They truly are my children since my husband and I don't have any kids yet. You don't know love until you own a husky Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:45 pm

We've had Nanook for a little over a month, so here goes:
1. He is grumpy when he first gets up in the morning.
2. Of course he hates veggies, but he will dutifully pick up whatever my daughters drop on the floor and spit it out by the trash can.
3. He thinks my youngest daughter's stuffed duck is his personal kill toy.
4. He slides around on the kitchen floor on purpose. (I think he likes to make us laugh)
5. He has to go in my oldest daughter's room every night and give her a kiss goodnight.
6. His active times of day is from 3:30 - 5:00pm and 7:00 - 8:30 pm like clockwork. The rest of the time he is super lazy.
7. He rarely talks. When he does, it's the same sentence every time.
8. I've never heard him bark.
9. He can drink from a sippy cup. (courtesy of my 21 month old daughter)
10. He tries to blame the nearest human when he passes gas by giving him The Look and moving back several feet.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:15 pm

I've had Yuki for two months now, so here it is :0
1. She always has to argue with me first thing in the morning and as soon as I get home from work (woo-ing)
2. She loves to lay on Cloud.
3. She barks rather than howls when asking to 'speak'.
4. She likes to 'try' the bitter apple spray before deciding its no good.
5. She likes to beg for food she hates even after spitting it out.
6. She prefers my stuff to her own chew toys.
7. She watches anime with me.
8. She believes it is a challenge to eat non-edible items.
9. She loves her crate so much she howls if I accidentally shut her out.
10. She loves to give kisses!
Back to top Go down
Wolfbandit
Puppy
Puppy
Wolfbandit

Female Join date : 2012-10-16

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Steele

1) Poses for the camera if he sees you have one out. He's worse than a 3 year old child. Impossible to get 'natural' shots of him.
2) Can do number one and number two at the same time. Not sure why he feels the need to do this, but he does.
3) He's a snuggler on his terms. If he doesn't want to be snuggled, he won't hear a word you say.
4) The pickiest eater I've ever had. He will taste EVERYTHING before he eats it, and this is usually done by taking a single piece of kibble, rolling it around in his mouth, then spitting it back out on the floor and walking away. This includes treats.
5) Tries to tell me when my bed time is. He'll do this by going to lay on his bed in the bedroom, then coming back out and climbing into my lap. Repeat process.
6) He is the happiest dog if you pick him up and carry him around (despite his 60lbs). He will 'hug' my neck while I wrap my arms around his bottom half. He literally smiles when I hold him like this.
7) An unfixed male who's a huge push-over and baby. He likes to bluff dogs at the dog park, but once one says 'um no i'm boss' he tucks tail and runs.
Cool If I say 'where's the squirrel' he'll actively start searching for them up in the trees. This was trained into him, not an inherited obsession.
9) He's completely terrified of cats, but LOVES baby kittens and will sing for them in the pet store.
10) He will quite literally drag me to any source of water he sees to go swimming in. This is also the only time he will generally pull on me. He LOVES swimming.

Now onto Jenna. I've only had her for a month, but her list is already full.

1) She is a kissing fiend. She will give anyone and everyone kisses.
2) She is also an attention fiend. If I'm on the computer and she's out, she will climb up and lay her head on my laptop or try to push it out of my lap.
3) She will eat anything. Literally.
4) She hates being told 'no' or 'out of the kitchen'. If she hears these words, she'll start back-talking.
5) If she's bored, she'll groan while she's laying down so you know she's bored.
6) She loves any toy that's soft and full of stuffing and treats it like her baby.
7) She likes a clean house. If something is on the floor that doesn't belong, she'll pick it up and bring it to me to get rid of it.
Cool She will watch tv with me, especially if the tv has high pitched noises.
9) She can turn the bath tub on, and will do so and jump into the bath tub when she wants a bath. Mind you, it's only a trickle when she turns it on, but still.
10) She knows when I'm on the phone with my boyfriend. She will come up to me and stick her face near the phone and huff or whine into it if I let her.
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:53 pm

About Lola:

1. She was found wandering the streets of South Bend, IN. She was on the last day at the pound when she was taken by Northern Lights Rescue. Whew!
2. She likes to blow bubbles in her kiddie pool but not her water dish.
3. Lola is the sloppiest water drinker ever. I have a mat under her bowl and have to keep a towel handy at all times.
4. Lola's tail is crooked.
5. Her ears remind me of Yoda.
6. She loves baby carrots.
7. She acts like she is hungry all the time.
8. She doesn't like to walk on the grass! After she does her business, she leaps off the grass.
9. Her favorite Olympic sports are dressage/3 day eventing. She would put her paws up on the tv stand to get a closer look!
10. Lola got banned from day care for fighting. She now stays home in her crate and has a dog trainer take her for training walks. She's much happier!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Well Karli is quite the character so this is going to be interesting!!!
1. She's afraid of her own reflection in her stainless steel food bowl and refused to eat out of it so I had to get her a ceramic one, yet will drink out of the same bowl for her water just fine.
2. Will only fetch toys that make noise, not balls. Balls are for chewing
3. Doesn't beg for food, but will sit next to your chair til you give her one
4. Sits to have her leash put on, I did not teach her this she just started doing it
5. Can finally climb up on the couch, by jumping of course
6. Thinks that any kind of cup is for Karli, probably because we gave her water out of a Carl's Jr cup on the way home from Idaho
7. Thinks that any time you put shoes on you are taking her for a walk
8. Gets excited when she sees the house, runs to the front door to wait to be let in so she can drink her water
9. Likes to lay on our clothes, they are her nap spots, doesn't matter where at in the living room they are, they were put on the floor for her use
10. Likes to be near me at all times, even if I'm working out and kicking out with my feet. The minute they're back on the ground, she's laying next to them.
Back to top Go down
ashmarie21
Newborn
Newborn
ashmarie21

Female Join date : 2013-01-02

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 5:08 am

Hi, I am new and thought this would be fun to share about my Bentley....

1. He loves to "tail whip" my other dog (a pug/bulldog mix) in the face. He does this thing where he'll spin around and slam his butt into her. He'll do it over and over until she finally gets mad and bites him.
2. He loves my children.... 2 boys ages 4 and 6, but gets really nervous around other children. He'll get defensive with them and bark.
3. He always sleeps on his back, legs high in the air.
4. He's always at my feet no matter where I go. If I go to the bathroom he waits outside the door.
5. He doesn't like me to play fight with the kids or to discipline them. He automatically gets as close as he can to them and if it becomes too much he puts his paw on my shoulder as if to say, "ok, you've had your fun. Go away now!"
6. When petting him he will bite your hand and place it on the spot he wants petted.
7. He can talk on command with his howls. He can say hello, momma, and why.
8. He gives closed mouth kisses on the lips. Just quick little pecks when you ask for a kiss.
9. He LOVES his grandma. Whenever my mom comes to visit he goes crazy. When she leaves he lays by the door depressed for at least an hour.
10. He burps really loud... louder than a grown man. My husband blames me for his burps and never believes it was him.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Thought I would share some of Loki's antics.

We have had him since September and boy has his personality developed.

1. He sleeps next to the front door during the day when he wants to nap so he knows when we try to leave the house or when we come home. When we come home we have to knock to wake him up and wait until he stretches and yawns before he moves. This can take up to 3 minutes.
2. If you open up cheese (whether it is string cheese, american cheese, or cracker cheese) he comes running into the kitchen and sits at your feet, looking at you.
3. He loves ears, human ears that is. When we sit on the couch or sit on the floor to put on our shoes. He will come and sit beside you and lick and nibble at your ears. The louder you shriek from the tickles the more he does it.
3.If you clean up and put all his toys in his toy basket, he will whine has he digs through the basket. Once he has gotten a few out he stops whining.
4.If you say walk you better be ready. No "oh wait I have to use the bathroom"' or "one second let me run upstairs and grab a sweater". He will start howling and wooing if you don't take him right then and there.
5. He gets jealous if our chinchilla gets a baby carrot and he doesn't.
6. If you open the fridge/freezer, he lays in front to get the icy breeze that comes out. You have to shoo him away or nudge him with your foot to close the door.
7.If you rake leaves into a pile, there will be no more pile. He loves to dive and roll around in the leaves. Makes yard work both difficult and entertaining. https://youtu.be/_J79TGvRGeE
8.Our master bath has just a standing shower and if you shower in there with the door close no big deal. But if you use the hallway bath to take a bath or shower with the door closed he will cry bloody murder and stick his paws and nose under the door.
9. The cheap futon that I bought years ago and was ready to toss before we got him has found a purpose. When he gets too hot sleeping in bed with us he goes and lays on the futon and does this all night back and forth.
10. If I am quilting he will come and lay down on my fabric and sometime play with it until I tell him to leave it. Since getting him no one has recieved a dog hair free blanket.
Back to top Go down
lpp06
Puppy
Puppy
lpp06

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Sky

1) Hates pooping at night
2) Resists walking around in grass at night. She'll stop dead in her tracks when I try to lead her up.
3) She really only barks
4) When she wants to beg she just lays her head in my lap and doesnt make a sound.
5) Is queen of the kiddy pool at the dog park. Even if she's on the opposite end and senses another dog in it, she sprints over and jumps in.
6) Wakes me up at exactly 9am everyday
7) Knows the exact spots on our runs when we sprint and tries to get a head start
Cool Thought that her name meant "sit" for awhile
9) Hates when im on the computer. She uses her nose to lift my hand off the keyboard/mouse
10) Is all white, but has a few single strands of black hair.
Back to top Go down
Crispin
Newborn
Newborn
Crispin

Male Join date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 pm

1. Great at breaking out of his crate, but gets super upset if he locks himself out since his favorite toys are in there.
  2. His favorite food is chicken, but he has an intolerance to it.
  3. He won't go to the bathroom if he's on a tie out. He'll only go if he's on a leash and you're standing right next to him.
  4. He has one toy that he truly loves. It is the only thing he is protective of, the only stuffed toy he won't destroy, and he sings to it.
  5. He figured out the laser pointer and will go to where we put it when he wants something to chase.
  6. If he's lonely and you're in an other room (even the bathroom) he will come over and knock on the door.
  7. He knows he's too big to fit under the couch, but he will still try and get very upset when his shoulders get stuck and he can't go forward or backward.
  8. He thinks he can jump way higher than he can and will try to jump to get squirrels in the top branches of trees or on roofs.
  9. When I go to shower he steals my underpants to lay on from the dirty clothes pile.
  10. He prefers to be hand-fed over eating from a bowl.
Back to top Go down
kobi269
Newborn
Newborn
kobi269

Male Join date : 2013-01-13

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Kobi:

1. Never sleeps in our bed unless we are not in it. lol
2. Loves to play with my beard.
3. Plays peekaboo. We say hide and he puts his paw on his nose. lol
4. When he plays in the mud he goes all the way. Sometimes you can't tell his fur is white lol
5. Knows exactly where his treat are kept, so he will come in sit, and look back and forth between me and his treats. lol
6. Loves chancing his tail.
7. If you put ice cubes in his water he goes bobbing for ice cubes. While his snout is in the water he will blow bubbles, its so funny lol.
8. Loves his belly rubbed.
9. Never does any tricks in front of other people, makes us out to be liars. We have to catch it with a video camera to prove to people. lol
10. Wakes me up every morning by jumping on my face. I cough up fur balls after wards lol
Back to top Go down
Dragonfly
Puppy
Puppy
Dragonfly

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:03 am

I'll just post about one dog for now lol

1. Sasha was carried around by my little sister like a baby for the first 12 weeks of her life, as a result she still enjoys being held and carried around as if she were a puppy. (She is now going on 7 months and weighs around 45 lbs)

2. She is a bit of a finicky eater, so to make her more interested in food I'd make her catch them out of the air or roll them out of a plastic bottle. So now she thinks eating her portion of kibble out of a bowl is incredibly boring and won't eat it unless I make it interesting. (Or another dog tries to eat it first, then she'll eat it just so they can't have it.)

3. Half the time she responds to the word "Mischief!" better then she responds to her own name.

4. When she was a puppy she spent a lot of time indoors with the family, I would only let her chew on the puppy rope toys or some of my old dying sneakers that I used for outdoor dirty work. If I wasn't around she'd come looking for me, but if I left the shoes where she slept then she would stay and be comforted by the shoes, they were pretty much her security blanket.

5. If some one is sitting down she will put the front half of her body in their lap, if she's not discouraged or pushed away she will proceed to lift herself completely into their lap to be held and cuddled.

6. If she want's something she doesn't bark or push or paw at you. She just sits down and gives you a heart melting gaze until you give her attention. She will do this for 3-5 minutes unless something distracts her into running away.

7. When she's in her kennel and want's get out she makes this adorable gurggle whine that I can't really describe, the first time she did it she was really young and I made such a big deal about how cute she was, now she saves it for when she reallllly wants something because she knows I can't resist.

8. When we play fetch she won't bring the ball and give it back unless I have a second ball to bribe her with. If I just take it from her with out trading then she loses interest in the game and won't play.

9. When she sees a stranger she'll act real tough and bark a few times, and then run to me and hide behind my legs. My hero.

10. She can jump up onto things pretty well, but she won't unless I put my hand behind her head. Even little jumps that she's done a hundred times, she wont do it unless I give her the "magic dumbo feather" of moral support.
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Male Join date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:07 am

Bella has a ton of this stuff
1. She will only drink water if the bowl is outside her crate, if it's inside she will not touch it.
2. When she gets the zoomies she runs across the back of my couch wall walking like she's a ninja
3. Fresh snow makes her run much faster than boring been trampled through snow.
4. Whenever there is a fresh snow she must at some point spend at least 15 minutes rolling around in it like a cat trying to get their scent on something.
5. Always wants to investigate a new dog, unless they are close or they can see her. Should this happen she runs behind me and hides until they turn their back and then she tries to sneak up on them again.
6. When she's really tired but i'm not ready to sleep she will come to where i'm sitting lay down and RAM her head against my elbow. She will sleep that way till I get up.
7. After a tennis ball has some of the fuzz seperated that can be used as a tether she will always pick it up by the tether, prance around like a show horse and then whip the ball back and forth so hard you can hear the impacts it makes when it hits her head.
8. She is constantly picking up and dragging my cats around. She makes she to do it in a way that won't hurt them and just moves them, nothing more.
9. When I first get home and go to the bathroom she howls like mad unless I leave the door open just enough so she can see me any other time I can shut the door and she's fine.
10. She will randomly come up to me while i'm sitting on my couch, stand on my shoulder and start licking my mouth and nose. The one time I pushed her off because I was in the middle of something she went to the other side of the couch and looked at me like with the most miserable, saddened expression I have ever seen in my life.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:22 am

uelrindru wrote:
Bella has a ton of this stuff

This is off topic but, whenever I see a husky named Bella I think of this video:

Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:31 am

That video was super annoying, haha. Bode was very interested in it though!
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:18 am

not sure if i've got 10 for blu, but i'll do my best.

1. Hates to be woken up for any reason, he is very grumpy in the mornings.

2. his favoriet toy is a hollow red soccer ball that he likes to carry around the house while he prances, but whenever he runs with it he seems to trip everytime.

3. he can't go anywhere without something in his mouth.

4. he refuses to go potty in the morning without his stuffed bear (that thing is like his imaginary friend or something).

5. not much for cuddleing, if you arn't petting him or playing tug of war/fetch he wants nothing to do with you.

6. loves to sleep on the tile floor in the kitchen (often with his bear in his mouth lol)

7. he's a very loud snorer, i've gotten use to it though... sounds like a giant bear is in that crate sometimes ;P

8. loves the beach, he likes to bark at the ocean waves as they're coming in... then runs way when they're too close to him... then barks when they leave. he also likes to chase sea guls.

9. he likes to help me get dressed in the morning, every day without fail he brings me a pair of socks and drops them at my feet then lays down in his crate. (i didn't train him to do this... he just started doing it one day for some reason)

10. hates all non-drinkable water (although it is slowly growing on him... very very very slowly)

i actually thought of a few others, but i'll stop there... surprised at how many quirks blu has at such a young age.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 7:57 pm

This is a old thread and i first saw it before i got koda.. Now i got him i want to do it!!

1.) if he doesnt want to go downstairs (pretty much where all his toys are and where we sleep) he will just lay down and squirm all over the place as i try and pick him up..

2.) he has more fun chasing leaves than squirrels, but he still loves squirrels..

3.) if he wants a treat he will go and sit in his house and peek his head out at me.. I picture him saying "look dad, im being such a good boy!!!".

4.) i take him to a closed baseball field to let him run and play, he is able to jump one of the fences i found it. He was leashed and we were about to go. And i wanted him to put his front paws on the top so i could pick him up easier.. So he just clears it no problem. But he wont jump the fence if we are playing and not rdy to go yet. I still have to keep a real close eye on him.

5.) at his puppy play classes if any other dogs goes and gets a drink he has to join them.. Even if he just emptied the bowl him self which he does all the time..

6.) whenever we are out and someone wants to pet him, he decides they are the perfect person to pet his tummy!!!

7.) if you ever watch How i meet your mother, there is one epsiode where marahall and ted play a car game where everytime they see a dog in a car the say zitchdog. So me and my gf love that show and instead of telling koda we are going for a car ride we say "zitchdog" and he gets all excited and rdy to jump in my car.

8.) every night before bed. I take koda outside to potty then we come back in and he knows to go straight to the living room where my parents are watching tv to say goodnite.. He will sit between the two of them and let them pet him. One night i didnt do it he was howling away in his crate and i thought he had to potty again so i let him out. He runs up stairs straight to my rents.

9.) me and my gf will "face time" to let her see him most nights. He gets all excited and runs around unless he has a bone or something he is chewing. Then he just sits there and sniffs the phone.

10.) he has been catching tennis balls in the air lately when i throw to him. If he gets tired and decides to lay down he will still catch them aslong as the through is perfect and he doesnt have to move his body or his head lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!   10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

10 Random Funny Facts About Your Husky!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5