It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:11 pm

lol, Kohdi, is too funny and too beautiful. Love the pics Jimmy, and the poor gnat, haha, did he get him?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:21 pm

@Casey, thank you, haha, those pictures his ears tell a story too, when they're forward, he must have the gnat locked into position, then they kinda go sideways like where'd it go, hahaha

@Renee, thank you...F the gnat, I hate those things! lol...I don't think Kohdi was a successful hunter, I never actually saw him get it, if I didn't know there was a gnat there, these pics almost are like he became mesmerized by his dew claw, LOLOL like he never noticed it before and now he does, so he turns away slightly and then turns back to see if it's still there, hahaha, knowing Kohdi, that might be the case Wink
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 7:58 am

The third one down is my favourite he looks adorable!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Thank you Zoe Smile I watched him for a little while before I even thought to take pics, he was so cute! Hahaha,
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 2:21 am

Kohdi wants some of my Taquitos Razz

Kohdi: "mmmm, those sure look good"
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 Img_1017

Me: "yeah, but I can't give you any little dude, they're not good for you"
Kohdi: "you're right, ughhhhh"
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 Img_1018

Me: well, I could just give you the shredded beef"
Kohdi: "BEEF! I love BEEF!"
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 Img_1019

My happy happy boy Smile
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 Img_1020
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 2:27 am

Lol, that made me smile so big......such a cute story and pics....the first pic is the best Kohdi pic...so far this week, lol.....I love your kids Jimmy!! I know that you say at times you post too many pics, but for me, I love that you do, I feel like I know Mishka and Kohdi personally(and you too, lol) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 2:39 am

Thank you SO much Renee...means a lot to me Smile

I had been working in the yard (thanks for not bringing up my filthy filthy jeans, LOL) and my taquitos were done so I came in to eat...I came on here while I ate and Kohdi did that first pic thing, how could I not get a pic of it, LOLOL...then as I talked to him, his eyes told the story (I love how expressive his eyes are) so I kept clicking away, LOL.

Thanks again Renee Smile I actually took some adorable Mishka pics today too! LOL...but Im practicing self restraint (its soooooooo hard) and not posting them...for tonight anyways, LOLOL, I cant tell you I'll be that strong tomorrow Wink
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:41 am

Those photos between your legs are adorable Jimmy! Great captions too!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Thank you so much Zoe Smile he loves when I eat taquitos, lol, I only give him the meat though, and cheese and sour cream, haha. Basically all I'm getting out of them is the shell, lol
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 2:30 pm

very cute story pictures, love the happy boy one.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Thank you Ronin! I love the happy boy one too, it makes me smile Smile
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Awww! Jimmy, I think seeing these made me laugh the hardest I have all day! I just love Kohdi's personality! Your captions make this 10x even funnier!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 9:45 pm

Aww, thank you Casey Smile

Last edited by Artic_Wind on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 12:51 am

Mishka "get up, get up, get up!!! I wanna play, I wanna play, I wanna play!!!"
Kohdi " Go away, I'm resting...."
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 Img_1111

Kohdi "hey!! wait a minute! thats MY stick!"
Mishka "yeah, yeah, yeah, whats yours is mine, whats mine is mine, now come on, lets play!!!"
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 Img_1028

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 Img_1029

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 Img_1030

Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 Img_1031

Kohdi "MY stick. nom nom nom nom"
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 Img_1032
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:14 pm

ha ha ha...You should just publish a book of these stories. I would buy it Smile. Little sister picking on big brother!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Thank you Casey Smile sometimes I just add a little story so I don't have to explain each pic, haha...and we all know pretty much every pic has something to do with a stick Razz a story kinda deflects from that? Maybe? Say yes! LOL
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 12:32 pm

Haha, I agree with Casey, you need to do a book. Great stick pics.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 1:34 pm

Mishka play bowing is so cute haha great story Wink
Back to top Go down
Dimka Petlin
Puppy
Puppy
Dimka Petlin

Male Join date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 1:40 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Where are all the sticks coming from confused Do you have any trees left?!!?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 3:17 pm

Thank you all! Smile I would thank you all individually but I'm on my phone and...it would just frustrate me too much. However, Amy, please check back here later, when I get home I'm goi g to take a pic of something...it's something of Malukhai's but will help explain the stick thing AND why my lil girl Mishka reminds me so much of him. I think it will make you smile . (Ugh, my eyes are tearing up just thinking about it, but still, it's pretty funny and I think you will get a kick out of it Smile )
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 3:49 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
Thank you all! Smile I would thank you all individually but I'm on my phone and...it would just frustrate me too much. However, Amy, please check back here later, when I get home I'm goi g to take a pic of something...it's something of Malukhai's but will help explain the stick thing AND why my lil girl Mishka reminds me so much of him. I think it will make you smile . (Ugh, my eyes are tearing up just thinking about it, but still, it's pretty funny and I think you will get a kick out of it Smile )

Fully understand lol! I am not responsible for the text that appears from my Asus tablet. Android auto-correct comes up with doozies!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 9:48 pm

LOL, iCrap has some doozie auto corrects as well! Wink

Ok Amy, you asked about the sticks...atleast 70-80% of the sticks and branches Kohdi and Mishka have, Mishka brings home from their walks. The twisted branch you see in these pics is actually Kohd's branch he brought up from my canyon one morning, hes quite proud of this one and I'll tell you a little something interesting about it in a moment. Just one of the things I find...remarkable in a way...is how much Mishka has of Malukhai's personality, it blows my mind sometimes because they never knew each other and none of my other huskies shared these personality traits. I used to call Malukhai "The Collector", the things he would bring home from his walks!!! A memory that is etched in my mind is of him at probly no more than a few months old on a walk with Anuschka and I, suddenly he leaps into the air and this tiny little puppy is hanging from the side of a palm tree from a stray piece of its trunk (in pic) swinging back and forth trying to rip it free, and he did Wink He did this his entire life. The pic I thought you would get a smile out of (2nd pic) is his other collecting habit...balls. The pic is just a very small part of his collection, these were what was in his toybox when he passed away (the rest are in a Hefty bag in the garage and also include 3 footballs, 2 soccer balls, 1 basketball, and no longer here were various blow up beach balls, a plastic pumpkin, and tons of plastic bottles. ) the pic are just the balls he had inside the house (bag ripped getting it out of my closet so they are laying in front of the mirrored door but still, there are a lot of balls, lol. Anyways, Mishka is SO much like him, she picks up downed tree branches (some are like 15 ft long!) plastic bottles, sticks, an occasional ball, she even found a wallet once! LOL. I dont know why these two Huskies felt/feel the need to collect things though! Both found/find happiness when they are carrying something home ...its weird huh?!!
This is Malukhai with one of his palm tree trunk pieces he brought home (these are heavy too!)
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 00610
and just a very small part of his ball collection
Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 00214

I'll edit in the story about Kohdi and this particular branch in just a minute, Im on my laptop and the keys are sticking so I wanna get on my ipad..but it involves a rattlesnake! LOL

Ok, here is the edit...for the past few weeks Kohdi has acted somewhat strange in his insistence on sleeping outside at night, I even posted a few times in the hi jack about just sleeping out there with him a few times if you remember. Well, one of the strange things he did was he'd lay there for a little while and then he'd get up and I'd watch him go over to this particular branch , he'd then drag it all the way back over to where he was laying, set it down, then lay back down with his arm over this branch. I chatted with a few people about this behavior and one told me they might do the laying outside part because they might not feel well, but the branch thing sounded like a female dog in heat and its protecting of things which is weird cuz Kohdi is a boy haha. This behavior lasted a few weeks, and also included times where I'd go outside but leave him in the house, he'd sit at the door just watching me with what I describe as a very concerned/watchful look. Meanwhile, last weekend my neighbor moved out of his house, the movers were taking something from the side yard when they saw a HUGE rattlesnake laying right by the fence that divides my property and his. They killed it Sad that night Kohdi wanted to sleep outside again, I let him but at around 2am, he wanted in...and since then hasn't tried to sleep outside again. I didn't connect it at first, and it could be coincidence, but we also know dogs sense things we have no clue about, what if he sensed that rattlesnake, and was protecting his house, me, and Mishka from it, oh, and his branch, LOLOL , you gotta admit though, it's pretty strange in the coincidence part of it all, no?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 12:01 am

That picture of Malukhai is precious.

I hope it wasn't the rattlesnake... does Kohdii know not to mess with rattlesnakes?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 12:40 am

Thank you Amy. I have that pic framed in my room, it's how I remember his playfulness. This was a husky that truly enjoyed every minute of his life and made the most of every day. For that I am very grateful.

Ugh, Kohdi has never been formally taught to avoid rattlesnakes, I should really do that with both of them. Knowing Kohdi the way I do, I do think he would back off a rattler...Mishka on the other hand, might back off when it's very close to being too late. I think she would definitely go after one, but if it coiled up and got its rattle going, I do think she would sense the danger of the situation and back off, but as I said, it may be too late by then. The rattler that was killed was in the neighbors yard, on the side where I have my garden that some animal was stealing/gnawing all the tomatoes and stuff, so I think the rattler was munching on those creatures. There may have been a night that Kohdi was out and possibly heard an "attack" going on and from then on knew something was there, I don't know, but in my mind, it's too coincidental that he stopped wanting to be out there, once the rattler was gone. Amy, he was relentless in his insistence on being outside, relentless! Now he's his normal self again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kohdi's scrapbook   Kohdi's scrapbook - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kohdi's scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next